Patch Notes v1.2.9

Users who are viewing this thread

there are bugs from years ago, and an exploit I know of almost a year old that aren't fixed. Safe to say most things will never get fixed and modders will need to handle it. Doesn't bode well for trust in the future that they will look out for the community when at this point we are mostly ignored. I am eagerly awaiting the news of a new game or dlc which is the only reason you can take a months or a couple small fixes and 6-12 months between major patches. Will all that said, how can TW assure the community that the next project will be worth investing into when the last one is far from finished and I think will never get major issues resolved. I bet I will get quite a few comments from the community, but nothing of substance from the TW team. I will keep track and repost the results. ---We needed another year or more of early access, atleast things were done frequently then
I spoke to the leader of this detachment, he said that he was glad to see me, I left and he continued the siege, then I broke into the castle and lost about 40 people, and again spoke to the leader of the siege, he said that I was in the minority and I It's better to give up.
I cried.

They can't.

Find this funny. Just a couple posts above yours. Somone have a link to Bellwright that is kinda on fire now. But if you look at the devs and publishers past history. No one should have touched that game EVER. Whatever game TaleWorld end up make next you will have people get exited for it, at same time you will have "salty" people come around and tell people not to, just as you have salty people coming onto the Bellwright forum and tell people not to get it.

Find this funny. Just a couple posts above yours. Somone have a link to Bellwright that is kinda on fire now. But if you look at the devs and publishers past history. No one should have touched that game EVER. Whatever game TaleWorld end up make next you will have people get exited for it, at same time you will have "salty" people come around and tell people not to, just as you have salty people coming onto the Bellwright forum and tell people not to get it.
If I end up being salty is because I expected more of Bannerlord, not that I dont understand those are MY expectations and not what the game is and should be, but honestly, based on the mods, Warband mods, Bannerlord could've been way much more and if they move on to a next game, WHILE having a game that for many still feels unfinished and apparently in continued development is completely different than failing to make a good game and try to compensate making a better game, which is the case for the guys of Bellwright.

What I mean is, TW could still learn from their mistakes with Bannerlord and fix things, polish it, add more features and exploit its full potential, instead if they're making another game it just tells me they didn't learn anything from this, they swooped over the many players suggestions and requests and moved on while their current game is being kept alive by modders alone. Is that a bad thing? That modders have to update this game and maximize it's potential? Not necessarily, but it shows their lack of interest, and to believe they won't do the same with their next game is oblivious.

In my opinion, Taleworlds suffers greatly from a lack of creativity, they pulled out a great idea for the whole Mount and Blade concept, but kept swimming in the shallow river instead of moving on to the ocean.

If I end up being salty is because I expected more of Bannerlord, not that I dont understand those are MY expectations and not what the game is and should be, but honestly, based on the mods, Warband mods, Bannerlord could've been way much more and if they move on to a next game, WHILE having a game that for many still feels unfinished and apparently in continued development is completely different than failing to make a good game and try to compensate making a better game, which is the case for the guys of Bellwright.

What I mean is, TW could still learn from their mistakes with Bannerlord and fix things, polish it, add more features and exploit its full potential, instead if they're making another game it just tells me they didn't learn anything from this, they swooped over the many players suggestions and requests and moved on while their current game is being kept alive by modders alone. Is that a bad thing? That modders have to update this game and maximize it's potential? Not necessarily, but it shows their lack of interest, and to believe they won't do the same with their next game is oblivious.

In my opinion, Taleworlds suffers greatly from a lack of creativity, they pulled out a great idea for the whole Mount and Blade concept, but kept swimming in the shallow river instead of moving on to the ocean.

There was more to it than failling to make a good game in regard of Donkey Crew and Snail Games. If I should have measured TaleWorlds by Warband, I would never gotten Bannerlord. and if I should have measured Donkey Crew by Last Oasis, I would never gotten Bellwright (which is actually quite fun even with warts and all, the flaws of early access).

I find mysef play Rogue Trader and keep thinking BG3 did this and that much better. Or that was better in path finder, or That mechanic is a ripp off from Righteous crusade Do I put the stink eye on OwlCat because of this? Why should I? In just about any game I play I find some other games that done something better or something I did prefer/liked more.

Regardless what we feel is missing or lacking in Bannerlord, the game was a success. The sales numbers and number of players playing the game still today lver year and a half after release is proof of that. Players wanting more out of a game will always be a thing, regardless of what game it is. A game studio will only invest "so much" resources into a game post release. End of the day it's a business and they need to make new things. Bannerlord isn't a live service game they keep milk daily.

There was more to it than failling to make a good game in regard of Donkey Crew and Snail Games. If I should have measured TaleWorlds by Warband, I would never gotten Bannerlord. and if I should have measured Donkey Crew by Last Oasis, I would never gotten Bellwright (which is actually quite fun even with warts and all, the flaws of early access).

I find mysef play Rogue Trader and keep thinking BG3 did this and that much better. Or that was better in path finder, or That mechanic is a ripp off from Righteous crusade Do I put the stink eye on OwlCat because of this? Why should I? In just about any game I play I find some other games that done something better or something I did prefer/liked more.

Regardless what we feel is missing or lacking in Bannerlord, the game was a success. The sales numbers and number of players playing the game still today lver year and a half after release is proof of that. Players wanting more out of a game will always be a thing, regardless of what game it is. A game studio will only invest "so much" resources into a game post release. End of the day it's a business and they need to make new things. Bannerlord isn't a live service game they keep milk daily.
What point are you trying to make here? Don't ask for games to be better because its only ever going to be how it is right now? That you shouldn't complain about a half baked product because the company made money? That you should never compare games to each other?

You might as well just come out and say 'just shut up and consume product' at this point.

This happens only with the Southern Empire, but the situation is strange.
1,711 soldiers attacked.

800 were on the battlefield when we destroyed 730, the rest fled and the new ones also fled.

In the end, 1000 soldiers refused to fight, and I captured 1483 soldiers.

It might be better to allow the attacking army to retreat rather than surrender.
And yet, I only lost 8 soldiers, which is strange.

Maybe the attacking army should immediately retreat if they are not sure of victory.

You're 100% right that some people will lap up whatever next pile of half-baked **** they push across the table. I won't.

The silence from any TW dev is beyond staggering, its either down right incompetence or they honestly have no idea whats happening the next day. Project Management at TW must be non-existent

@VVL99 TBH, although I also don't 'add' much besides complain/rant (what else when TW is doing **** all and silent?), your comments/issues should be directed to the correct thread, not here; however 'general' this thread can be.
TW doesn't even go through this thread, except maybe once/month for a snarky emoji or to say patch won't be coming this month. They won't address your issue besides asking you to upload save and 'discuss' it; but at least you have a slight chance it gets addressed if you post it in the right thread/subforum.

I am the one with the link. In fairness I haven't tried Bellwright yet because of the reputation they garnered. I have never bought any products from them in the past, so right now I am in wait and see mode with them(Donkey Crew). I am just happy at any competition for Taleworlds, to try to drive improvements to this gaming vertical.

I also sure as hell won't be in any rush to give Taleworlds a damn dime of my money going forward.

It's already June 7 and there's still no response? I come here every day to see if there is a taleworlds comment but I guess I won't see it.

Tell me, after the capture of the city there is immediately a militia there, has it always been like this or is this an innovation?

Tell me, after the capture of the city there is immediately a militia there, has it always been like this or is this an innovation?
I remember some change a while ago that allowed some militia to switch sides if you had high enough relations with one or more notables. I don't remember what the distance factor was.

It seems to me that it’s time to introduce new game modes, the usual map capture and battles are no longer exciting, it’s primitive, if I capture any settlement and lose no more than 10 people, this also happens in regular battles, then map capture becomes a monotonous and predictable repetitive action.

If there are such modes, for example:
1. Join a faction with one settlement and return all its possessions.
2. Create a faction of 15 clans without capturing settlements.
3. Improve relations with all faction leaders to 100.
4. Create a faction and make it the strongest without participating in assaults on settlements.
Etc.
Such tasks will add variety to the gameplay, and if these tasks are also combined during the passage, it will be even more interesting.

I have several thousand units of food in my warehouse in many cities, but I cannot use it, even if my cities are starving.

Back
Top Bottom