Patch Notes v1.2.7

Users who are viewing this thread

Can anyone explain to me why, over time, the corpses of soldiers still disappear on the battlefield during large battles, although in the settings the number of bodies is set to Unlimited?

Developers, give me the opportunity to enjoy the sight of ALL bodies after the battle, I will survive the lags, let the UNLIMITED number of dead bodies be REALLY UNLIMITED!
It might be a bug or the game automatically limiting the amount of corpses according to your PC specs. I think sometimes you can see hundreds of bodies but sometimes they disappear for some reason. I think you should report this as a bug nonetheless.

Also, not only the bodies should remain, but imo there should be large puddles of blood on the floor around every unit that died (not knocked out).

It's very immersive to see hills of corpses in a large battle, but to not have much or any blood on the floor kills my immersion a bit. I get that stuff like blood may cause the game to have a higher age rating (thus lower sales) or require some censorship, but I don't see why an option for puddles of blood can't be added (and there would be no option to turn on the puddles in countries that censor excessive amounts of blood).

>Barring unforeseen issues, the Xbox build (Microsoft PC Store and Consoles) will follow after its ongoing certification is concluded.

Cmon... What did I pay the money for? Why is everyone playing and enjoying the update now and I have to sit and wait... And again, no dates, how long to wait? A week? A year?

>Barring unforeseen issues, the Xbox build (Microsoft PC Store and Consoles) will follow after its ongoing certification is concluded.

Cmon... What did I pay the money for? Why is everyone playing and enjoying the update now and I have to sit and wait... And again, no dates, how long to wait? A week? A year?
I understand your frustration mate, I have it too. But understand that Taleworlds is no longer responsible for this, but Microsoft, which is the only one with a certified patches.

I got back into the game (PS4) and did a little test-running with my completed character to see if the game was stable (compared to how I remember it). In short, I walked around Ostican, got a haircut, saw my pretty banners untarnished, and saw every faction I conquered officially wiped out in a series of 65 or so pop-ups and not a single crash among them--that encouraged me to make a new game and see how it goes. I took full advantage of the new cheat menu to disable Fog of War since I really dislike its implementation (I prefer knowing all NPCs but being ignorant of where they are and how they're doing and needing help to fill in these blanks, basically).

I did so, and played for a good while, and I'm pleasantly surprised I hadn't suffered a single crash despite triggering numerous instances (entering town, Trade, talking to people, prisoner reviews, fighting battles, etc.) I vividly recall being landmines during the previous patch or so now being gone and my insistence on saving every 5 minutes coming off as slightly paranoid in light of it.

I did see a looter with a purple mask--kinda looks like a bug, unless there's a new headgear out there, which is possible since it wasn't the usual one-color texture-missing purple but more akin to a modern-day toy with detailing.

It was a lot of fun getting back into the game and reminded me of the good times I had this time last year playing Bannerlord. I'm not sure if I was just lucky and stuff's going to collapse in on itself once I reach Clan Tier 2 and get moving beyond the hobo grindset, but I wanted to share my new experience of the game's stability so that other PS4 players have something to look forward to and an indicator now might be a good time to come back.
Thanks for the report, i really appreciate it. Any performance upgrade framerate wise ?

Thanks for the report, i really appreciate it. Any performance upgrade framerate wise ?
About the same as I remember. I don't recall any framerate issues a year ago/prior to this update so your mileage will likely vary. New rain and more detailed snow hasn't hampered framerate for me.

Technically speaking, the biggest issue is long loading times (about 5 minutes from opening the game to concluding a save load being the longest example) although they're seldom more than 20 seconds once you're in the game. Sometimes you'll see low-res textures before they "pop" into normal resolution. I did have one crash (wedding cutscene) but only 1 in 2 days is a new record for this game (comparable to Warband on PS4).

An issue I recall (but haven't been able to see if it remains) is that, in some very large battles, the game "chokes" up before deciding to call it a "win" and have everyone involved flee as presumably some kind of failsafe against crashing. This specific issue wasn't a thing in December or early January but became an issue during 1.1 (along with the game becoming more crash prone back then) so I'll have to see for myself if battles involving hundreds of combatants on the largest battlefields trigger this issue again. This might be what you were asking for since by "choking up" I mean the framerate dropping to 0 and seeming to freeze with every second before returning to normal. Performance overall seems smoother than it did ~11 months ago, I can say that much lol.

I still haven't received an update yet on Xbox Live what should I do? when I'm trying to do it manually I'm clicking but doesn't make any sense.

I still haven't received an update yet on Xbox Live what should I do? when I'm trying to do it manually I'm clicking but doesn't make any sense.

Patch needs to pass Microsoft certification process. It will be out in a few days, maybe soon.

About the same as I remember. I don't recall any framerate issues a year ago/prior to this update so your mileage will likely vary. New rain and more detailed snow hasn't hampered framerate for me.

Technically speaking, the biggest issue is long loading times (about 5 minutes from opening the game to concluding a save load being the longest example) although they're seldom more than 20 seconds once you're in the game. Sometimes you'll see low-res textures before they "pop" into normal resolution. I did have one crash (wedding cutscene) but only 1 in 2 days is a new record for this game (comparable to Warband on PS4).

An issue I recall (but haven't been able to see if it remains) is that, in some very large battles, the game "chokes" up before deciding to call it a "win" and have everyone involved flee as presumably some kind of failsafe against crashing. This specific issue wasn't a thing in December or early January but became an issue during 1.1 (along with the game becoming more crash prone back then) so I'll have to see for myself if battles involving hundreds of combatants on the largest battlefields trigger this issue again. This might be what you were asking for since by "choking up" I mean the framerate dropping to 0 and seeming to freeze with every second before returning to normal. Performance overall seems smoother than it did ~11 months ago, I can say that much lol.

You should be a beta-tester, your reports are very well done. Thanks.

Game crashes after updating to 1.2.7 on steam. OS is Win11. I load my 1.1.6 save and click on the world map to move my army. Army starts moving but doesn't go far until I get a pop-up saying that there was a problem and the game crashed. Crash reporter is then loaded if I click on 'yes'.

Hi. When can i play 1.2.7 on PS5?
My ps5 says that "Latest patch is downloaded" in spite of he has had 1.1.6 X(
Normally if you check for update on the game. There should be a new update for Ps5. Its 17GB big. It says V 1.15. But that is the 1.2.7 Update. Grtz Vaan.

Workshops might be broken, they’re all getting halted.
I suspect it's due to over-production/not enough consumer demand, so hoarding 50% of the produce ought to curb this problem while allowing you a stockpile in the warehouse to pick up and sell abroad. It's worked very well for me with velvet in my recent playing, but I can't say if this is an effective substitute to workshops simply making passive income straightforwardly, especially for non-luxury items.

I don't know what variables there are from the game's end, but something that increases consumer demand might be a simple fix for this issue overall.

So does the world map weather now enter the battles themselves?
(PS4) the snow appreciably does, not just a white fog but actual snowflakes, to the point where low/mid tier horses slow to a crawl even, but I haven't seen rain yet except in the overworld (but I haven't fought much either since I'm still in the early game trade loop). EDIT: I can confirm it does rain in battle now since it rained during a tournament at Car Banseth.

Last edited:
Just checked - with 1.2.7 one of my best beautiful flaming redhead (1.1.6 ) companions ( she is one of two Sturgians I carefully selected for their Red Sonja looks ) suddenly has long plain brown hair instead.
I am gutted.
Now I will have to retire her and search high and low ( again ! ) for a replacement hot ranga.
How could this happen, of all things?

( these days I am just sitting on an early - game old save, waiting for BL to get good - ? 1.3 - before getting stuck into the Campaign )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom