Patch Notes v1.2.10

Users who are viewing this thread

"fixed a crash that no one is experiencing."

While we still have two bugs that completely take you out of the game and they refuse to acknowledge:

- Coming across lords with tits and wearing a dress;

- Male and females voice lines getting mixed up randomly.

Both not new issues, and both things that should have been extremely easy to avoid if they knew how to develop a game.

Remember when they spent like a year refactoring the game and everyone was like "oh man once they do this is going to be feature after feature coming down the line." 💀

As we`ve stated before, yes, we are working towards future updates, which of course include new content.
I think what people, including myself have said. We just want to know what's going on. That doesn't mean we want a date that it will be released. That is unrealistic. But how hard is it to say, we are working on it and still appears to be weeks, or months away. That is a "very general" answer that doesn't tie you down to a date but it also communicates with your community and doesn't leave them in the dark. We are working on it, that is a cookie cutter answer anyone can give that gives no info at all that anyone can take anything wrong. All companies that a re working on games, are working on games. How hard is it to say, we aren't close yet so it still looks to be 1-2 months away at a minimum. Most we get is near the end of the month we will hear, not this month. I get a lot of flack from people saying it's wrong of me to ask this. But seriously, how hard is it to say that. By saying it is months away, that gives no eta or date but gives info. We are getting close so we "HOPE" to have it in a week or still isn't a deadline, its an eta, remember the e, estimated, that is not a deadline. So for the 3rd straight year, why can't we get just a "little" more communication that what is given. I honestly don't think weekly updates are a thing that companies can't do. I think they choose not to do it and they wonder why their community gets frustrated. I can name 3 games out there now where the devs or very open on subjects and their forums are much less toxic than what we have seen in the past year or 2. Of course it's your game and you can run it your way, but if you don't want to keep them updated more, be general in nature and keep most of them in the dark then expect people to get frustrated, leave or just not care. If I ran a company I would bend over backwards for my consumers and keep them happy as much as I am able. that is just good business sense. I run a youtube channel which is my business and my viewers are my consumers. If I want them to be happy I do what I can do accommodate them to keep them happy and coming back for more. If I don't then I expect them to not come back or be frustrated with me. Why would I turn them off so they don't come back. That is my choice to turn them away, just like it's your choice to not communicate with people but then don't be surprised when they do get mad or leave. You have the power, just like me to keep your community happy. It doesn't take much work. 1 or 2 sentences on what's going on, 1 week to keep them informed it too much work????? Maybe thats why your near the bottom of the top 100 on steam when even at slow times you were in the top 30-40 range. I know most wont read this, tldr, but it's my once a year speech trying to get you to know what you have done to turn people off. Whether you listen is up to you. I listen to people all the time, it doesnt mean I do it but I at least listen so when good ideas come up then I do it. I have seen tons of great ideas here over the last 3 years but most are never done. That doesnt make for a happy player, community or environment. I never bought a Bathesda game but after getting starfield and what they have done I never will again as they soured me. IF you plan to make dlc or new games why take the chance to turn people off to you TW, not Bannerlord but to you. That is terrible if your trying to get loyal consumers. Well I should stop since most wont read or ill get hammered for this by people that think im asking too much. 1 or 2 sentences once a week, or 5 minutes of their time is too much to do to keep people informed. Thats all it takes

While we still have two bugs that completely take you out of the game and they refuse to acknowledge:

Both not new issues, and both things that should have been extremely easy to avoid if they knew how to develop a game.

Remember when they spent like a year refactoring the game and everyone was like "oh man once they do this is going to be feature after feature coming down the line." 💀
Yep. Quite unprofessional considering the fact that they already have the male and female tags implemented. It's almost as if they are waiting for a modder to make a fix and they just come right in and copy/paste the fix. I've coincidentally seen that happen many times. A bug that gets addressed right after someone makes a mod patch.

All we can do now is wait for the inevitable.

If this is your threshold for a well-made game, sure, completely subjective; but what are your conditions then for all the other AAA studio games that have been released in the past decade? Those must all be absolute masterpieces by comparison then.
Nope. Seen no good AAA game the last decade. One I played with crappy launch that turned good is Battlefront 2, however that game is not nearly as complex and expansive as Bannerlord.

There is nothing that even really compares to Bannerlord, all games that do are on a completely different level and not in a good way.

People just play and expect too much from it. I get it, after a couple of hundred hours it gets too repetetive. I've stopped playing it waiting for new content (mods or dlc) as well. But I dont have 4000 hours on it and still complain. It did almost everything it set out to do.

Its impossible to do all that people want, at least TW know what they are capable of and finish that instead of the game just becoming another failed abandonware of an 'amazing all inclusive medieval game of our dreams'

Nope. Seen no good AAA game the last decade. One I played with crappy launch that turned good is Battlefront 2, however that game is not nearly as complex and expansive as Bannerlord.

No good AAA games in the last decade? Any shred of a decent opinion you had has been obliterated.

Elden Ring, RDR2, Dark Souls 2/3, TLoU2, Ghost of Tsushima, GoW, Witcher 3, BG3? Haven't even played the majority of AAA games in the last decade but to say you didn't see any other than Battlefront 2 is such a stupid remark. "Complexity of Bannerlord"...where? Is it the same 2 dialogue options you get when interacting with each NPC? Or is It the battle simulator that plays out the exact same way, every battle?

It shows you just have a blinding bias and no doubt a humiliation kink, saying something as ridiculous as that.

I can guarantee you the majority of your Bannerlord playthroughs (like the rest of ours) have been played with mods that fix the game and make it bearable. That's not something to defend.

The "amazing all inclusive medieval game of our dreams" came from their dev diaries - which you are free to look up - they fed us through their 10 year development cycle, of features they abandoned, or implemented at a level that's insulting.

you forgot about the missing armor that can't be found...

I think what people, including myself have said. We just want to know what's going on. That doesn't mean we want a date that it will be released. That is unrealistic. But how hard is it to say, we are working on it and still appears to be weeks, or months away. That is a "very general" answer that doesn't tie you down to a date but it also communicates with your community and doesn't leave them in the dark. We are working on it, that is a cookie cutter answer anyone can give that gives no info at all that anyone can take anything wrong. All companies that a re working on games, are working on games. How hard is it to say, we aren't close yet so it still looks to be 1-2 months away at a minimum. Most we get is near the end of the month we will hear, not this month. I get a lot of flack from people saying it's wrong of me to ask this. But seriously, how hard is it to say that. By saying it is months away, that gives no eta or date but gives info. We are getting close so we "HOPE" to have it in a week or still isn't a deadline, its an eta, remember the e, estimated, that is not a deadline. So for the 3rd straight year, why can't we get just a "little" more communication that what is given. I honestly don't think weekly updates are a thing that companies can't do. I think they choose not to do it and they wonder why their community gets frustrated. I can name 3 games out there now where the devs or very open on subjects and their forums are much less toxic than what we have seen in the past year or 2. Of course it's your game and you can run it your way, but if you don't want to keep them updated more, be general in nature and keep most of them in the dark then expect people to get frustrated, leave or just not care. If I ran a company I would bend over backwards for my consumers and keep them happy as much as I am able. that is just good business sense. I run a youtube channel which is my business and my viewers are my consumers. If I want them to be happy I do what I can do accommodate them to keep them happy and coming back for more. If I don't then I expect them to not come back or be frustrated with me. Why would I turn them off so they don't come back. That is my choice to turn them away, just like it's your choice to not communicate with people but then don't be surprised when they do get mad or leave. You have the power, just like me to keep your community happy. It doesn't take much work. 1 or 2 sentences on what's going on, 1 week to keep them informed it too much work????? Maybe thats why your near the bottom of the top 100 on steam when even at slow times you were in the top 30-40 range. I know most wont read this, tldr, but it's my once a year speech trying to get you to know what you have done to turn people off. Whether you listen is up to you. I listen to people all the time, it doesnt mean I do it but I at least listen so when good ideas come up then I do it. I have seen tons of great ideas here over the last 3 years but most are never done. That doesnt make for a happy player, community or environment. I never bought a Bathesda game but after getting starfield and what they have done I never will again as they soured me. IF you plan to make dlc or new games why take the chance to turn people off to you TW, not Bannerlord but to you. That is terrible if your trying to get loyal consumers. Well I should stop since most wont read or ill get hammered for this by people that think im asking too much. 1 or 2 sentences once a week, or 5 minutes of their time is too much to do to keep people informed. Thats all it takes
I wouldn't change a thing about what you've written. Thanks.

[Why don't you say we are working on it?]

It has been noted repeatedly. The most "public" recent statement can be found here:

Greetings warriors of Calradia!

Before we dive into this month's #CommunityTales, let us briefly touch on the future of Bannerlord! During our release, we shared our intent to continue supporting the title with content updates - which has led to new features such as Fog of War, Retirement, Player-owned Alleys, World Map & Mission Weather, Formation Targeting, Warehouses, and Multiplayer Taunts among others. We want to reassure you that we're still on this path and working towards future updates. We share your enthusiasm for what lies ahead and although it will take a while longer to finalize the new additions, be confident that they are coming.

It has been noted repeatedly. The most "public" recent statement can be found here:

Utterly bizarre response 💀

Last edited:
The wait for 1.3 is even worse for console because they won't add the beta branch to console (like many other games do on xbox) so we have to wait however many months it will take to hit beta, then you gotta throw on another 6 months after that judging by 1.2

And ontop of all that waiting you're gunna be doing it in the dark too because they won't be transparent with console players!

Also we won't get mods on console because it's not possible according to deva even though games like snowrunner and farming simulator of all games have curated and approved mods on console even on PlayStation!

All in all the game is in a sorry state on console, I've played Mount and blade for a decade, have multiple copies of warband and bannerlord on console and pc and tbh I'm regretting even buying it on console now after the treatment of console players, not many people on console can just play on PC like i can and it's those people who I truly feel sorry for treat like cattle class!

But don't worry guys! An update is coming (maybe?!) with new content! (that you probably didn't ask for)

God...

Well, tell us straight out that you are NOT WORKING ON ANYTHING,

why do you take people for idiots and arrange this clowning? Aren't you laughing yourself? I have been very loyal to you, but I will think very hard before buying your new projects, if there are any. 🤡

WHERE IS THE DLС!?

WHERE IS DIPLOMACY!?

WHERE ARE THE PRETENDERS TO THE THRONE!?

WHERE ARE THE ENGINE, ANIMATION AND GRAPHICS UPDATES!?

WHERE IS THE ELABORATION OF THE LATE GAME AND THE HEIRS!?

WHERE ARE THE MID- AND LATE-GAME CRISES!?

WHERE ARE THE ELEPHANTS etc!?

Still blows my mind that events like marriage and execution is just a video on screen. Perfect opportunity to have used that as a meeting point like a feast which could have been used to talk to lords and companions about quests or future potential RPG elements that modders could have utilised. Couldn't even put a video for winning a tournament. It's such a sideways step from Warband. Should have just been called Mount & Blade Warband - Definitive Edition.

They keep classifying these features that were suppose to be in the game like weather and alleyways as "new features" they're not new, they suppose to be in the game already and I think they need to let the public know if they are NEW features they are working on, or just finishing the game features.

I've zero hope for whatever this content is going to be if they always takes the absolute laziest approach to these promised features.

Last edited:
I have more faith in Star Citizen's updates than this, and I don't even 'subscribe'/pay/follow that game.

No good AAA games in the last decade? Any shred of a decent opinion you had has been obliterated.

Elden Ring, RDR2, Dark Souls 2/3, TLoU2, Ghost of Tsushima, GoW, Witcher 3, BG3? Haven't even played the majority of AAA games in the last decade but to say you didn't see any other than Battlefront 2 is such a stupid remark. "Complexity of Bannerlord"...where? Is it the same 2 dialogue options you get when interacting with each NPC? Or is It the battle simulator that plays out the exact same way, every battle?

It shows you just have a blinding bias and no doubt a humiliation kink, saying something as ridiculous as that.

I can guarantee you the majority of your Bannerlord playthroughs (like the rest of ours) have been played with mods that fix the game and make it bearable. That's not something to defend.

The "amazing all inclusive medieval game of our dreams" came from their dev diaries - which you are free to look up - they fed us through their 10 year development cycle, of features they abandoned, or implemented at a level that's insulting.
If Bannerlord would only have the combat, the "story" and the dialogue then it could be compared to Elden Ring, Witcher and other similiar games you mentioned, and then it would be absolutely garbage. But none of these games have world conquering, leading an army of hundreds of men in a battlefield where combat which is the same for everyone. Cool sieges and real time strategy too.

If you like the games you mentioned fine, I don't, not my type. Just the same gameplay loop as we've had the decade(s) before. Rdr2 has amazing attention to detail, however just like Gta it's more just fun to run around like a sandbox for a while and then just gets boring.

While I like some small mods, which add features I think should be in the base game (such as better banners), there are no small fixes or additions that appreciably improve the base game experience. If this was the case people wouldn't even be here complaining, rather just use the mods and be happy. Only concrete thing I remember from the dev blogs that they didn't implement was individual management and castles for each village, which I dont think wouldve been good for gameplay anyways. I do however agree that the sameness of each factions behaviour and (nonexistent) politics was a dissapointment after how they expressed it in the dev blogs. I don't think the game is perfect, but people just love to hate absurdly.

After about 500 hours I too got bored of the repetitiveness, and trying the mods which supposedly make the game better didn't help at all as said. I've basically only played the playthroughs mostly native because of this, with 1 or 2 mods like RTS cam and one which gave more control over parties. A full overhaul (like the ones slowly being formed now, like The Old Realms) is needed for there to be enough differentiation and variety for me to replay the game any time soon. For things that people complain about the most- diplomacy and such, mods exist for it, helps nothing imo but if you like it just play with that.

If Bannerlord would only have the combat, the "story" and the dialogue then it could be compared to Elden Ring, Witcher and other similiar games you mentioned, and then it would be absolutely garbage. But none of these games have world conquering, leading an army of hundreds of men in a battlefield where combat which is the same for everyone. Cool sieges and real time strategy too.

If you like the games you mentioned fine, I don't, not my type. Just the same gameplay loop as we've had the decade(s) before. Rdr2 has amazing attention to detail, however just like Gta it's more just fun to run around like a sandbox for a while and then just gets boring.

While I like some small mods, which add features I think should be in the base game (such as better banners), there are no small fixes or additions that appreciably improve the base game experience. If this was the case people wouldn't even be here complaining, rather just use the mods and be happy. Only concrete thing I remember from the dev blogs that they didn't implement was individual management and castles for each village, which I dont think wouldve been good for gameplay anyways. I do however agree that the sameness of each factions behaviour and (nonexistent) politics was a dissapointment after how they expressed it in the dev blogs. I don't think the game is perfect, but people just love to hate absurdly.

After about 500 hours I too got bored of the repetitiveness, and trying the mods which supposedly make the game better didn't help at all as said. I've basically only played the playthroughs mostly native because of this, with 1 or 2 mods like RTS cam and one which gave more control over parties. A full overhaul (like the ones slowly being formed now, like The Old Realms) is needed for there to be enough differentiation and variety for me to replay the game any time soon. For things that people complain about the most- diplomacy and such, mods exist for it, helps nothing imo but if you like it just play with that.

Personally, I wouldn't have as much of an issue with TW if they just picked one of two possible options and done it right:

Flesh out the features and finised the game;

Or

Publish the game with some timely hotfixes post release and allow modders to take control.

Unfortunately and somehow TW found a third option - Release a broken game, spend 4 years releasing hotfixes for crashes and bug fixes (without a heads up) and drive the modding community away even after they took the time to pinpoint the exact issues and how to solve them in an open letter. This is the modding community who spent hours trying to fix the game for them. This isn't acceptable for a game in development for 14 or so years with 130 people behind it.

As I stated before in other threads, creating Dev Diaries telling us they are working on "a criminal empire" only to then release it and it become the most pathetic cut and paste workshop feature is at best negligence, at worst, gaslighting. They showcased weather, claimants and other features - since cut - in 2017, only still to finish or implement them. They even reduced the quality of the global illumination since its release.

Now, after ignoring the modders, we have a fraction of the mods we could have had due to their silence, after ignoring their multiplayer fans, we have no multiplayer worth even mentioning, and after ignoring their single player fans, there is a vitriol towards TW handling on the game which is evident on the Reddit pages for M&B, steam pages, here, YouTube videos, YouTube comment sections and even in Reddit pages dedicated to other games, they will be left without their single player community on this and future games.

But for some reason, @Dejan, @Duh_TaleWorlds think their absence and silence is a big brain move.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom