Patch Notes v1.2.10

Users who are viewing this thread

TaleWorld released the game, keep support the game, and work on it over year and a half after it left early access. And they are terrible? Imho they could work communication a bit The "we are working in 1.3", but being tight lipped about everything around it doesn't necessary earn them any favors, but since we have no idea about the end result. Shouting into the void and throw fists in the air doesn't earn us any favors or any urge to communicate either I guess.

People upset they are not getting everything they want. Ranging from everything possible in past games to whatever cherry on top. In whatever game out there does that give you anything? Back in the day when you wanted to buy a game you went to a physical store, your only reference was from reading a review in a gaming magazine or similar, or just reading on the back on the box in the store. You bought the game and that was it, you either liked it or you didn't. We progressed from that, to people seem to be backseat devs trying to dictate how games should be made to tailor their experience and wants.
Releasing a game nowadays is far, far from the standards of relieving criticism if you're going to use CD/cartridge releases from years ago as your point of argument.

'Support' for the multiplayer aspect? Sure, that's an expectation; though I'd assume MP is far, far from perfect here too. It's practically just another 'half-assed' feature of the core game from when MP didn't exist.

What 'work' was done? You mean the weather and bandit hideouts? The stuff that was tabled as incomplete during the first 4 years of EA, only to come 1 year after the 'official' (CD/cartridge equivalent) game? Or this Shrodinger's (over)cooked 1.3 patch? I have zero trust in whatever words are spewed by TW/staff; proof in the pudding is in the eating. You want to call that greedy or whatever or that we should be grateful on our knees with hands cupped to whatever crumbs TW deigns to offer?

So, in your eyes, what TW released (nearing) 2 years ago 'officially' is equivalent to all those great games of the past where downloading things was just a concept? And whatever patches (if ever) or changes or communication we're getting now is them giving us a second cartridge/disc for 'free'? Get out of here.

You know this game is incomplete, you're also still coming into the forums to check on things, whatever the side of opinions. If the game is complete, especially regarding the SP aspects, these kinds of threads are not a thing. Every. single. thread/post is (besides Hershey's) "where update? / what update? / TW bankrupt? / news? console patch? / my platform no access."
It's far from being dismissible to just us being 'dumb/greedy players'

TaleWorld released the game, keep support the game, and work on it over year and a half after it left early access. And they are terrible? Imho they could work communication a bit The "we are working in 1.3", but being tight lipped about everything around it doesn't necessary earn them any favors, but since we have no idea about the end result. Shouting into the void and throw fists in the air doesn't earn us any favors or any urge to communicate either I guess.

People upset they are not getting everything they want. Ranging from everything possible in past games to whatever cherry on top. In whatever game out there does that give you anything? Back in the day when you wanted to buy a game you went to a physical store, your only reference was from reading a review in a gaming magazine or similar, or just reading on the back on the box in the store. You bought the game and that was it, you either liked it or you didn't. We progressed from that, to people seem to be backseat devs trying to dictate how games should be made to tailor their experience and wants.
Nah.

They released the game in a half baked state, the rushed to "release" for sweet console cash. Implementation of features was/is often shallow and quite bad. Constant reintroduction of the same bugs via the patches. Glacial pace of development. Stubbornly refuse to listen to the community on features that are not working as desired (Order of Battle for instance.) "Support" is laughable as is evidenced by this patch fiasco or even the oft lamented lack of South American support.

The list goes on and on and on...

Oh and as far as my advertisement of the Bellwright thread, I am advertising growth and competition in a similar space. (Meaning directional combat games.) In that very thread itself I acknowledge potential problems, and discuss the problems of the studio involved. I nearly didn't get it because of reputation, ironically one of the opinions that swayed me to try it in that thread was Lucius' (another TW defender).

Last edited:
Dude seriously WHERE is the patch for Epic? Why is this ****ing company so disrespectful to not even answer to us and say at least "sorry we'll get it to you asap", like you guys arent even capable of doing that? Is it a company policy to straight up slap your players faces if possible? Should TW do a convention where you guys will come and slap us in the face? At least it would be in person

Dude seriously WHERE is the patch for Epic? Why is this ****ing company so disrespectful to not even answer to us and say at least "sorry we'll get it to you asap", like you guys arent even capable of doing that? Is it a company policy to straight up slap your players faces if possible? Should TW do a convention where you guys will come and slap us in the face? At least it would be in person
The working files in all versions are the same, if it is legal, then you can install any patch if it has already been unpacked.

Releasing a game nowadays is far, far from the standards of relieving criticism if you're going to use CD/cartridge releases from years ago as your point of argument.

'Support' for the multiplayer aspect? Sure, that's an expectation; though I'd assume MP is far, far from perfect here too. It's practically just another 'half-assed' feature of the core game from when MP didn't exist.

What 'work' was done? You mean the weather and bandit hideouts? The stuff that was tabled as incomplete during the first 4 years of EA, only to come 1 year after the 'official' (CD/cartridge equivalent) game? Or this Shrodinger's (over)cooked 1.3 patch? I have zero trust in whatever words are spewed by TW/staff; proof in the pudding is in the eating. You want to call that greedy or whatever or that we should be grateful on our knees with hands cupped to whatever crumbs TW deigns to offer?

So, in your eyes, what TW released (nearing) 2 years ago 'officially' is equivalent to all those great games of the past where downloading things was just a concept? And whatever patches (if ever) or changes or communication we're getting now is them giving us a second cartridge/disc for 'free'? Get out of here.

You know this game is incomplete, you're also still coming into the forums to check on things, whatever the side of opinions. If the game is complete, especially regarding the SP aspects, these kinds of threads are not a thing. Every. single. thread/post is (besides Hershey's) "where update? / what update? / TW bankrupt? / news? console patch? / my platform no access."
It's far from being dismissible to just us being 'dumb/greedy players'

Great games of the past? What games would that be? There is sites on the net where you can download all these "great games" of the past falling under abandonware, or you can pick up a lot cheap on like gog... But even back then, there was few "great" games. There was a lot of bad games pushed out as well.

So does the game stop working for you or something when you claim its incomplete? Can't you finish the story campaign, is there a hidden wall some place I haven't found? Or is it incomplete because you haven't got all the features, bells and whistles in the game you want to be there? Because that's completely different things.

Great games of the past? What games would that be? There is sites on the net where you can download all these "great games" of the past falling under abandonware, or you can pick up a lot cheap on like gog... But even back then, there was few "great" games. There was a lot of bad games pushed out as well.
Tangent example, M&B1; back when it was a CD disc. Diablo series? AoE? Halo? Warcraft? Let's add ES/FO series, AC (even new ones). Mass Effect. FF series. Pokemon R&B. Mario Bros. Doom. TotWar series. On and on.
Were there bad games then too, or the aforementioned ones had their own flaws/issues? Obviously (great isn't 'perfect').

But I'm pretty sure I didn't have to wait 2 years for the second Diablo2 disc in the mail. Same with whatever bad games then; didn't like it, resell, lend to friend, trade in, or toss out. But they were complete games still, I can make that judgement on the whole of the game as it was released and sold. You're arguing that this 1.3 patch (and anything after 1.0) is like a 'free' D2:LoD expansion we're getting or something.
So does the game stop working for you or something when you claim its incomplete? Can't you finish the story campaign, is there a hidden wall some place I haven't found? Or is it incomplete because you haven't got all the features, bells and whistles in the game you want to be there? Because that's completely different things.
Never have I said the game doesn't work, that's a very, very low bar for games. The Day Before (TDB) game "worked" on release; we know how that story went; but it "worked".
You're essentially saying that 1.0 released is complete and everything post 1.0 is worthy of patting TW on their back for deigning the players with their continued "support" for adding and fixing things; whereas TDB's failure was dropping support after release; because the game was complete and 'worked' besides that for the short week it was live? I wholly disagree with that.
I've stopped caring for added features or fixes or bells&whistles after they ignored or made no progress or communication towards so during the 4 years of EA.

Game is incomplete because it's still being developed. This mysterious 1.3 patch that's "cooking", that none of us have any clue what it contains or addresses, speaks to the incomplete state of this game. Especially since we know that patch will come as a BETA (to a game out 2 years) to PCs only, then 6 months of ignoring feedback and 'cold'fix bugs/crashes created from the patch, to finally release to the other platforms "live". Is that a complete game in your eyes?

A complete game (good or bad) is finished, all bits and parts are in, total/full/concluded. TW needs to complete BL. The fact it isn't, nearing 2 years since 'official' release (as objective of a milestone for a game to be complete), is ridiculous.

Tangent example, M&B1; back when it was a CD disc. Diablo series? AoE? Halo? Warcraft? Let's add ES/FO series, AC (even new ones). Mass Effect. FF series. Pokemon R&B. Mario Bros. Doom. TotWar series. On and on.
Were there bad games then too, or the aforementioned ones had their own flaws/issues? Obviously (great isn't 'perfect').

But I'm pretty sure I didn't have to wait 2 years for the second Diablo2 disc in the mail. Same with whatever bad games then; didn't like it, resell, lend to friend, trade in, or toss out. But they were complete games still, I can make that judgement on the whole of the game as it was released and sold. You're arguing that this 1.3 patch (and anything after 1.0) is like a 'free' D2:LoD expansion we're getting or something.

Never have I said the game doesn't work, that's a very, very low bar for games. The Day Before (TDB) game "worked" on release; we know how that story went; but it "worked".
You're essentially saying that 1.0 released is complete and everything post 1.0 is worthy of patting TW on their back for deigning the players with their continued "support" for adding and fixing things; whereas TDB's failure was dropping support after release; because the game was complete and 'worked' besides that for the short week it was live? I wholly disagree with that.
I've stopped caring for added features or fixes or bells&whistles after they ignored or made no progress or communication towards so during the 4 years of EA.

Game is incomplete because it's still being developed. This mysterious 1.3 patch that's "cooking", that none of us have any clue what it contains or addresses, speaks to the incomplete state of this game. Especially since we know that patch will come as a BETA (to a game out 2 years) to PCs only, then 6 months of ignoring feedback and 'cold'fix bugs/crashes created from the patch, to finally release to the other platforms "live". Is that a complete game in your eyes?

A complete game (good or bad) is finished, all bits and parts are in, total/full/concluded. TW needs to complete BL. The fact it isn't, nearing 2 years since 'official' release (as objective of a milestone for a game to be complete), is ridiculous.

What about when games was on floppy disks and carts, even cassette tapes? You know, pre internet? There is hundred of thousands of games out there. Majority of all these are great games right? My past is a heck longer back than your past it seems. Funny when you mention Age of Empires, consider anything after aoe2 been trash. They butchered Mass Effect. How do you want your pill? the red one or the blue one? Andromeda was... not good to say the least. What CA turned the Total War franchise into is horrible, anything after Medieval TW2 is just not worth it. This become more of a what you like and not like, different strokes, different folks. Playing Mario back in the day on the NES, but it didn't really offer much else than what like Great Giana Sisters did on my Amiga.

We can keep throw out name of games and bring up other games that was better than the prior, but doesn't necessary make them bad games. You brought up Mass Effect, not every game in the series is just as good. And by FF series, you mean Final Fantasy, not every game in the series is good either. There is some games in the series I rate as very good and others quite meh.

By your reasoning any game that get a patch after release is incomplete I take it? I got a update for Pathfinder Wrath of the righteous not that long ago. Must be incomplete? How about another banger that been out for a while, Pillars of eternity, got a update yesterday. Oh got a update to Victoria3 yesterday as well. How dare steam sell all these incomplete games that keep get updates right? Much better back in the day when a game was released with bugs, warts and all, and you got what you got and no chance of get the game updated right? I had games on the NES that had game breaking bugs, such as Ikari Warriors. I don't really miss those days.

Last edited:
If anything TW could upload the patch themselves if they dont want to deal with epic anymore.
TW breaks contract with Epic? But this is a loss of money.
I've been playing 1.2.10 for two weeks now, nothing has changed, but as I already said, some patches could be distributed directly.

The patch has been released to Steam and will follow to other platforms once the remaining obstacles have been resolved.

It does seem really odd that they would push the patch for steam, but then continue working on overcoming "obstacles" for the other platforms.

Were already waiting an exorbitant amount of time between patches anyway so what's waiting a little longer for them to push release to all platforms at the same time?

The only logical conclusion is they expect these obstacles to take an ungodly amount of time (even for TW) so they split the release.

If it takes them this long to sort out a couple crashes on Epic, who knows how long it will take them to release 1.3, especially when they have to sort out the crashes that 1.2.10 brought with it.

TW breaks contract with Epic? But this is a loss of money.
I've been playing 1.2.10 for two weeks now, nothing has changed, but as I already said, some patches could be distributed directly.
epic games players like me and martino still in 1.19 !!! like 2 week we say to this **** company to update this **** update to play with people, they didnt even say anything!!!!

This does not depend on TW, they created the game files, now they need to decide the legal side of distributing these files, but this already depends on the publishers.

Where it's code based, legal based or mayonnaise based - is irrelevant. It depends on TW releasing the patches in conjunction to one another.

Stating that this "does not depend on TW" is a guess, not a fact so don't write things as statements unless you work for TW and have an inside scoop 👀.

As usual TW had several options on how to tackle their latest blunder (and if you are correct and it's a legal issue) and I'll leave it to you to guess which one TW picked:

A) release the patch to Epic store sooner than Steam knowing Epic take far longer to validate (if you are correct as this hasn't been the first time Epic took longer) allowing all players to play together and having no one left out and rightly pissed off. Again, it's not like we were already waiting.

B) release the patch to Steam and let the players Epic players know why they haven't received their patch.

C) say nothing.

In every job, in every industry, in every country, whether it's physical or digital, whether you're an artist or a plumber, you have to have some foresight and manage deliveries and managing deliveries includes either knowing roughly when things will be delivered or keeping your client updated, especially when they're kicking up a fuss on various forums.

Back
Top Bottom