Do you think 1.0.4 should include most of these changes?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Look, I know how this is gonna sound, but f*cking GET GOOD.

There is a way to not ever let the AI interfere with the policies you want.

Stop whining and start actually influencing the AI's votes. Not *thinking the AI should vote in their own interests or at least be swayable*, but winning the way the game politically tells you is a win.

Granted: the traits are misleading, and there are a thousand AI errors in the way they vote especially since they all trend toward Tier 6 eventually, but,

if you're letting the AI vote against your policies or vote for foolish ones, it's a choice.

But people don't in general want to change their behaviour; they want to be able to vote for policies THEIR way instead of TW's way, and ... it's not that kind of game.

Uh... this seems completely unrelated to his suggestion which is only that AI decision making make sense considering their traits. That doesn't necessarily make things harder or easier for the player, just different. Has nothing to do with how easy it is to manage voting.

I have come to the conclusion that I like how difficult it is, how absolutely hard it is to get anything done.

The system is built to produce a certain result. You are playing one game that is balanced to oppose you at all times ("Your faction"? No, you are one person, and you are not everywhere at once), and the AI is playing a different game. The game is built for the AI to be a *functional* structure to string together small unit battles, not to make it easy for you to conquer their pet-project world.
I do agree that on average, the game should challenge the player, but I think it should be through threatening battles and that the current war score system just isn't fun or challenging to engage with. Going for tribute is less attractive than just sieging down their mostly defenseless fiefs by the point that you've used the two big prisoner perks (which require going pretty deeply into two specific skills) to just drag everyone around anyway.

I think that the game should try to get the player more involved and immersed in the world, rather than tiptoeing around it by influence draining / infinitely imprisoning lords.
Uh... this seems completely unrelated to his suggestion which is only that AI decision making make sense considering their traits. That doesn't necessarily make things harder or easier for the player, just different. Has nothing to do with how easy it is to manage voting.
I absolutely agree regarding AI voting. That was me copying and pasting his "git gud" message from earlier on the page about five bucks' desired change of war score / tribute calculation, then changing the words to be about voting. I just think both of those things fall under the category of "systems designed purely for the AI that don't feel fun for the player to engage with", so at the time I didn't get why one would just get a "git gud" and the other wouldn't. That and I probably got a little too offended by it.

it should be through threatening battles
But... if the lords are free, you have more threatened battles. And we take all their fiefs too. I don't get your point.

There is a minimum amount of time a prisoner stays put, which is unarguably far too low, which makes the prisoner strategy the only (?) viable CONQUEST strategy. But this isn't a game of CONQUEST, it is a game of individual combat and individual achievement. Any amount of Conquest you get done is ephemeral, and that is *by design*.

I happen to agree with the design: crappy little kingdoms knocking the piss out of each other and then waiting in the shadows to make a comeback, for hundreds of years? That is realistic.

World domination is NOT realistic. But the game lets you do it anyway with a specific set of traits.

But... if the lords are free, you have more threatened battles. And we take all their fiefs too. I don't get your point.

There is a minimum amount of time a prisoner stays put, which is unarguably far too low, which makes the prisoner strategy the only (?) viable CONQUEST strategy. But this isn't a game of CONQUEST, it is a game of individual combat and individual achievement. Any amount of Conquest you get done is ephemeral, and that is *by design*.

I happen to agree with the design: crappy little kingdoms knocking the piss out of each other and then waiting in the shadows to make a comeback, for hundreds of years? That is realistic.

World domination is NOT realistic. But the game lets you do it anyway with a specific set of traits.
You'll have more battles, but they won't particularly be more threatening. Their best tend to get thrown at you first, then they'll have to pull some from their garrisons and start recruiting from notables, which should give decent troops as long as the notables haven't been drained of higher tier troops yet, then back into the meatgrinder player's loving arms. Then it's downhill from there for troop quality until they build up their own parties more and the notables get a long enough break for their troops to level up.

I'm not really sure how you've come to the conclusion that conquest isn't something that TW wants the player to be able to do. The game's description mentions it, there are achievements around not only that but world domination, and it's a prequel to a game where conquering was supported and players were expected to do.

The game has mechanics that support it and put limits on it, like needing to make sure your holdings are stable unless you want a rebellion to wrest them away from you. Though I figure most players would just influence drain so that they could put +Loyalty policies up. I doubt that the devs put so much work into sieges for them to be a trap option that ultimately gets the player nothing. At least for towns, castles are meh. The work done to curtain snowballing wasn't so that no one could do anything ever, but that a non-speedrunning player could have more time before factions get too strong or weak. Though the general trend of clans toward Tier 6 means they'll get stronger anyway.

When I was talking about prisoner strategies, I meant that they seem to be the only viable way of getting positive tribute (maybe raiding too? Though that would come with its own costs), but that's not the same as conquering territory. For that it's just spilling a bunch of blood while avoiding getting too bled out to siege.
But yeah, you need over 40 before it even matters at all because they all have extra members to send out in replacement parties, so until you start cutting into those their amount of parties won't even change in a useful way. Even then they will pile on mercs and you have to catch them too. Of course you don't have to, I don't even have keen sight until I'm 1/2 done with the map these days, you can just doze them anyways and be annoyed with the conga of armies.

You'll have more battles, but they won't particularly be more threatening. Their best tend to get thrown at you first, then they'll have to pull some from their garrisons and start recruiting from notables, which should give decent troops as long as the notables haven't been drained of higher tier troops yet, then back into the meatgrinder player's loving arms. Then it's downhill from there for troop quality until they build up their own parties more and the notables get a long enough break for their troops to level up.

I'm not really sure how you've come to the conclusion that conquest isn't something that TW wants the player to be able to do. The game's description mentions it, there are achievements around not only that but world domination, and it's a prequel to a game where conquering was supported and players were expected to do.

The game has mechanics that support it and put limits on it, like needing to make sure your holdings are stable unless you want a rebellion to wrest them away from you. Though I figure most players would just influence drain so that they could put +Loyalty policies up. I doubt that the devs put so much work into sieges for them to be a trap option that ultimately gets the player nothing. At least for towns, castles are meh. The work done to curtain snowballing wasn't so that no one could do anything ever, but that a non-speedrunning player could have more time before factions get too strong or weak. Though the general trend of clans toward Tier 6 means they'll get stronger anyway.

When I was talking about prisoner strategies, I meant that they seem to be the only viable way of getting positive tribute (maybe raiding too? Though that would come with its own costs), but that's not the same as conquering territory. For that it's just spilling a bunch of blood while avoiding getting too bled out to siege.
Big +1 to this post, well said.

What I want to add on is that the challenge in Bannerlord shouldn't come from weird illogical things like the loser never paying the winner tribute.

It should come from removing exploits and cheese strats. I want to make Bannerlord more difficult by making the enemy AI smarter, not by my AI being dumb.

@mujadaddy I understand your concern but making the loser in a war, who is already functionally defeated, pay tribute is not going to make the game much easier. Less grindy, sure, but grind and challenge are two different things.

Perhaps I worded my original post incorrectly/too vaguely, and I can change it, but what I'm looking for from TW is not to make the enemy easy to beat or anything. It's for situations like this to change:

MlkBZWj.png

EKcV69V.jpg

3cUKMb7.jpg

Wt1OFxR.png

If the player has inflicted vastly more casualties and done better in every area other than raids, they should be being paid tribute, or at the very least, both sides should be able to make peace with no tribute payment either way.

Last edited:
If the player has inflicted vastly more casualties and done better in every area other than raids, they should be being paid tribute, or at the very least, both sides should be able to make peace with no tribute payment either way.
Yes, that is what your position is, I understand that. The reality is that BL is not coded in that manner, it is coded to make the AI seek *revenge* and to think it has a chance because its generals are still free.
I want to make Bannerlord more difficult by making the enemy AI smarter, not by my AI being dumb.
That'd be nice. There's not really a "borders" concept in the AI-mind, although the cultures of the settlements sort of enforces it on you.

Yes, that is what your position is, I understand that. The reality is that BL is not coded in that manner, it is coded to make the AI seek *revenge* and to think it has a chance because its generals are still free.
But it´s stupid if you really dominate them. It just doesn´t make any sense.

The solution could be war goals but I know they won´t be added.

But it´s stupid if you really dominate them. It just doesn´t make any sense.
Sure it does, it makes perfect sense. If you COMPLETELY dominate them, they don't have any money or fiefs of their own so they're going to be a terrorist organization up your ass unless you pay them to stop bombing you. Everything else is varying degrees of that domination: You have nothing over them, they think you're weak and they start out with a dollar amount of plunder in mind. Then the war progresses and you either LOWER that amount or you RAISE that amount by how you conduct the war.

Some people look at the fancy bars on the Score screen and think they can interpret it. There is only ONE number on that screen, in {Gold_amount}, and the rest are just sports statistics.

Sure it does, it makes perfect sense. If you COMPLETELY dominate them, they don't have any money or fiefs of their own so they're going to be a terrorist organization up your ass unless you pay them to stop bombing you. Everything else is varying degrees of that domination: You have nothing over them, they think you're weak and they start out with a dollar amount of plunder in mind. Then the war progresses and you either LOWER that amount or you RAISE that amount by how you conduct the war.
Sure, that´s how wars work also in real life. As far as I know AI lords can generate money from thin air if they need it, or was it changed?

And I don´t need fancy bars to be aware that I have 15 prisoners, they have 0, I have taken 3 fiefs, they have zero and so on. But sure, instead of paying for peace better fight until nothing is left. Smart AI.

I know the game logic is the other way around, that´s why we have this issue.

So just change the code so that the AI seeks to preserve its own life and territory by paying tribute when it becomes apparent you are completely and utterly kicking their asses in a war and they have nothing but a handful of recruits left to fight with.
Sure it does, it makes perfect sense. If you COMPLETELY dominate them, they don't have any money or fiefs of their own so they're going to be a terrorist organization up your ass unless you pay them to stop bombing you.
But in 3 of the examples I have provided, those factions still have at least one fief.
Everything else is varying degrees of that domination: You have nothing over them, they think you're weak and they start out with a dollar amount of plunder in mind. Then the war progresses and you either LOWER that amount or you RAISE that amount by how you conduct the war.
But as demonstrated in the examples it doesn't work that way in the game right now. I conduct the war by slaughtering tens of thousands of their troops, taking half of their castles, taking ten nobles prisoner, and capturing their King.

They should be afraid of losing the rest of their castles and prisoners and taxpayers. They should want their prisoners to go free and get their king back. They should be willing to pay me to stop kicking their ass.

Instead they demand (checks notes) 50,000+ tribute per day for me to stop curbstomping them!!!

How do you explain this as logical and realistic?
Some people look at the fancy bars on the Score screen and think they can interpret it. There is only ONE number on that screen, in {Gold_amount}, and the rest are just sports statistics.
If the fancy bars look like they're supposed to matter, and the players want them to matter, they should matter.

A fix for clone children would've been really nice.

Also, an ability to order you troops to attack a specific unit type (horses, horse archers, archers etc.) would be great tho.

A fix for clone children would've been really nice.
I'll edit the post to include it :smile:
Also, an ability to order you troops to attack a specific unit type (horses, horse archers, archers etc.) would be great tho.
I think that one's in their Release Plans post.

Considering it's one of only 4 remaining major features they said they're working on (alongside civil war claimants, pushing down siege ladders, and replay editor) it's probably not too far off.

Oh god i was dozing off as i was reading this and i thought it was the actual patch notes until i got to the end :sad:
The latest update was pretty solid, to my opinion. Even managed to get me back into the game. Still a lot of work to do in terms of policies, diplomacy, relationships between the lords, adding some features here and there (still hope for feasts and more quests though)... But right now the game's pretty playable.

The one thing that bothers me right now, is that if it took so long for them to release this update, I'm pretty worried about when will the next one be released...

@anoddhermit

Alright I've gone through all shields, recorded their values, created a "baseline" desired average for each tier, modified the averages based on size/type/appearance of shield, then further tweaked those results based on other visual or name quirks of each shield. This is the first draft, what are your thoughts? (I'm a tad tired so there's probably multiple mistakes that can be fixed)

Currently in Bannerlord all shields are classed as "large shields". Now there are two more categories which some shields are moved into:
"Small" - Better weight and speed. Worse coverage. Normal HP. Most targe and adarga shields are in this category.
"Light" - Better weight and speed. Normal coverage. Worse HP. Most cavalry, heater and wicker shields are in this category.
"Large" - Worse weight and speed. Better coverage. Normal HP. Most kite, pavise and round shields are in this category.

Some shields have also had their tier changed, in order to suit their appearance better and provide more representation for certain types of shield in higher or lower tiers. These shields are marked with an *asterix* beside their newly changed tier.

TIER 0
weight baseline: 6.2. Small/Light -1.
speed baseline: 80. Small/Light +10.
health baseline: 175. Light -25.

Makeshift Kite Sparring Shield -----Wt 4.2, Tier 0, SPD 82, HP 145. >>> W 5.2, T0, SP 80, HP 135. "Large".
Desert Round Sparring Shield ------Wt 7.3, Tier 0, SPD 82, HP 210. >>> W 6.2, T0, SP 85, HP 155. "Large."
Makeshift Kite Shield ------------------Wt 4.2, Tier 0, SPD 82, HP 170. >>> W 5.9, T0, SP 80, HP 165. "Large."
Simple Kite Shield ---------------------Wt 4.2, Tier 0, SPD 82, HP 175. >>> W 6.2, T0, SP 80, HP 175. "Large."
Leather Bound Kite Shield ----------Wt 6.3, Tier 0, SPD 82, HP 215. >>> W 6.2, T0, SP 80, HP 185. "Large."
Wooden Adarga -----------------------Wt 7.3, Tier 0, SPD 82, HP 240. >>> W 5.3, T0, SP 90, HP 175. "Small".
Desert Round Shield -----------------Wt 7.3, Tier 0, SPD 82, HP 245. >>> W 5.9, T0, SP 80, HP 175. "Large".
Adarga -----------------------------------Wt 4.7, Tier 0, SPD 82, HP 200. >>> W 5.1, T0, SP 91, HP 175. "Small."
Simple Horseman Kite Shield ------Wt 3.6, Tier 0, SPD 82, HP 170. >>> W 5.2, T0, SP 90, HP 160. "Light."

TIER 1
weight baseline: 5.8. Small/Light -1.
speed baseline: 81. Small/Light +10.
health baseline: 225. Light -25.

Worn Kite Shield------------------------ Wt 3.7, Tier 1, SPD 83, HP 180. >>> W 5.9, T1, SP 81, HP 205. "Large".
Simple Large Round Shield----------Wt 7.3, Tier 1, SPD 82, HP 280. >>> W 6.0, T1, SP 80, HP 230. "Large."
Wooden Kite Shield --------------------Wt 3.6, Tier 1, SPD 82, HP 190. >>> W 4.4, T1, SP 93, HP 195. "Light".
Makeshift Horseman Kite Shield ---Wt 4.0, Tier 1, SPD 82, HP 195. >>> W 4.9, T1, SP 91, HP 200. "Light"
Curved Round Shield ------------------Wt 7.3, Tier 1, SPD 82, HP 290. >>> W 5.8, T1, SP 82, HP 220. "Large"
Cavalry Kite Shield ----------------------Wt 5.5, Tier 1, SPD 94, HP 225. >>> W 5.0, T1, SP 91, HP 205. "Light"
Reinforced Desert Round Shield-----Wt 7.3, Tier 1, SPD 82, HP 300. >>> W 5.8, T1, SP 83, HP 230. "Large"
Reinforced Cavalry Small Shield---- Wt 5.8, Tier 1, SPD 82, HP 265. >>> W 4.8, T1, SP 91, HP 200. "Light"
Heater Shield with Cutout -------------Wt 4.7, Tier 1, SPD 82, HP 235. >>> W 4.7, T1, SP 94, HP 200. "Light"
Horseman sparring Kite Shield------ Wt 4.7, Tier 1, SPD 82, HP 235. >>> W 4.8, T1, SP 91, HP 215. "Light"
Small Cavalry Heater Shield ---------Wt 4.7, Tier 1, SPD 97, HP 210. >>> W 4.7, T1, SP 92, HP 200. "Light"
Small Heater Shield --------------------Wt 4.7, Tier 1, SPD 82, HP 250. >>> W 4.9, T1, SP 91, HP 205. "Light"
Studded Adarga ------------------------ Wt 4.7, Tier 1, SPD 82, HP 260. >>> W 4.4, T1, SP 91, HP 230. "Small"
Iron Rimmed Kite Shield ------------- Wt 4.7, Tier 1, SPD 82, HP 270. >>> W 5.9, T1, SP 81, HP 250. "Large"
Kite Sparring Shield -------------------Wt 4.7, Tier 1, SPD 82, HP 265. >>> W 5.8, T1, SP 82, HP 225. "Large"
Horseman Kite Shield -----------------Wt 4.7, Tier 1, SPD 82, HP 275. >>> W 4.8, T1, SP 91, HP 225. "Light"
Reinforced Flat Kite Shield ----------Wt 4.6, Tier 1, SPD 82, HP 280. >>> W 6.1, T1, SP 81, HP 265. "Large"
Large Adarga ----------------------------Wt 7.3, Tier 1, SPD 82, HP 370. >>> W 4.6, *T4*, SP 84, HP 350. "Light"
Knights Shield ---------------------------Wt 4.7, Tier 1, SPD 82, HP 285. >>> W 4.4, T1, SP 91, HP 230. "Light"

TIER 2
weight baseline: 5.4. Small/Light -1.
speed baseline: 82. Small/Light +10.
health baseline: 275. Light -25.

Reinforced Iron Rimmed Kite Shield ------Wt 4.7, Tier 2, SPD 82, HP 290. >>> W 5.5, T2, SP 82, HP 275. "Large"
Studded Bound Kite Shield -----------------Wt 4.8, Tier 2, SPD 91, HP 270. >>> W 5.4, T2, SP 82, HP 270. "Large"
Wicker Square Tournament Shield -------Wt 2.7, Tier 2, SPD 82, HP 270. >>> W 4.4, T2, SP 92, HP 225. "Light"
Light Cavalry Kite Shield --------------------Wt 1.9, Tier 2, SPD 103, HP 205. >>> W 4.3, T2, SP 92, HP 240. "Light"
Wicker Shield ----------------------------------Wt 4.7, Tier 2, SPD 82, HP 300. >>> W 4.0, *T3*, SP 93, HP 300. "Light".
Round Steppe Shield ------------------------ Wt 4.7, Tier 2, SPD 82, HP 300. >>> W 4.6, T2, SP 92, HP 250. "Light".
Kite Shield --------------------------------------Wt 4.7, Tier 2, SPD 82, HP 300. >>> W 5.4, T2, SP 81, HP 270. "Large"
Reinforced Kite Shield -----------------------Wt 5.8, Tier 2, SPD 82, HP 350. >>> W 5.5, T2, SP 81, HP 280. "Large"
Sparring Round Shield ----------------------Wt 3.3, Tier 2, SPD 87, HP 240. >>> W 5.3, T2, SP 82, HP 260. "Large"
Sturdy Cavalry Kite Shield -----------------Wt 4.7, Tier 2, SPD 101, HP 300. >>> W 4.4, T2, SP 93, HP 255. "Light"
Reinforced Cavalry Shield -----------------Wt 4.7, Tier 2, SPD 82, HP 320. >>> W 4.5, T2, SP 92, HP 265. "Light"
Small Flat Heater Shield --------------------Wt 2.5, Tier 2, SPD 95, HP 220. >>> W 4.4, T2, SP 92, HP 280. "Small"
Reinforced Large Round Shield ----------Wt 7.3, Tier 2, SPD 82, HP 430. >>> W 5.7, T2, SP 81, HP 290. "Large"
Reinforced Wicker Shield ----------------- Wt 4.7, Tier 2, SPD 82, HP 340. >>> W 3.6, *T4*, SP 94, HP 350. "Light"
Flat Heater Shield ----------------------------Wt 4.7, Tier 2, SPD 93, HP 310. >>> W 4.3, T2, SP 93, HP 250. "Light"
Wicker Square Shield -----------------------Wt 2.7, Tier 2, SPD 82, HP 260. >>> W 4.8, *T1*, SP 91, HP 200. "Light".
Desert Oval Shield ---------------------------Wt 4.7, Tier 2, SPD 82, HP 340. >>> W 5.5, T2, SP 82, HP 285. "Large".
Round Shield ----------------------------------Wt 3.3, Tier 2, SPD 87, HP 280. >>> W 5.3, T2, SP 83, HP 275. "Large".
Sparring Targe ---------------------------------Wt 2.5, Tier 2, SPD 82, HP 260. >>> W 4.2, T2, SP 93, HP 270. "Small."
Wooden Oval Shield-------------------------Wt 2.1, Tier 2, SPD 82, HP 250. >>> W 5.4, T2, SP 82, HP 290. "Large."
Reinforced Oval Shield----------------------Wt 4.7, Tier 2, SPD 82, HP 360. >>> W 5.6, T2, SP 82, HP 310. "Large."

TIER 3
weight baseline: 5.0. Small/Light -1.
speed baseline: 83. Small/Light +10.
health baseline: 325. Light -25.

Iron Rimmed Large Round Shield ----Wt 7.3, Tier 3, SPD 82, HP 480. >>> W 6.5, T3, SP 81, HP 380. "Large."
Bracketed Heater Shield ----------------Wt 4.7, Tier 3, SPD 82, HP 370. >>> W 5.2, T3, SP 83, HP 320. "Large."
Reinforced Oaken Kite Shield ---------Wt 5.8, Tier 3, SPD 82, HP 430. >>> W 5.4, T3, SP 83, HP 340. "Large."
Reinforced Large Round Shield ------Wt 7.3, Tier 3, SPD 82, HP 490. >>> W 6.1, T3, SP 82, HP 380. "Large."
Iron Round Shield ------------------------Wt 7.3, Tier 3, SPD 82, HP 520. >>> W 4.0, T3, SP 94, HP 320. "Small."
Decorated Round Shield ----------------Wt 4.7, Tier 3, SPD 82, HP 400. >>> W 4.9, T3, SP 83, HP 330. "Large."
Large Round Shield ----------------------Wt 6.9, Tier 3, SPD 89, HP 480. >>> W 3.9, *T5*, SP 84, HP 410. "Large."
Decorated Oval Shield ------------------Wt 4.7, Tier 3, SPD 82, HP 410. >>> W 5.3, T3, SP 84, HP 335. "Large."
Ornate Adarga -----------------------------Wt 4.7, Tier 3, SPD 82, HP 420. >>> W 3.9, T3, SP 95, HP 325. "Small."
Reinforced Cavalry Kite Shield --------Wt 4.9, Tier 3, SPD 82, HP 430. >>> W 4.2, T3, SP 93, HP 330. "Light."
Tribal Steppe Shield ----------------------Wt 4.7, Tier 3, SPD 82, HP 440. >>> W 3.8, T3, SP 93, HP 305. "Light."
Targe ----------------------------------------- Wt 2.5, Tier 3, SPD 82, HP 330. >>> W 4.0, T3, SP 94, HP 340. "Small."
Pavise Shield--------------------------------Wt 7.0, Tier 3, SPD 82, HP 560. >>> W 6.4, T3, SP 82, HP 435. "Large."

TIER 4
weight baseline: 4.6. Small/Light -1.
speed baseline: 84. Small/Light +10.
health baseline: 375. Light -25.

Highland Large Shield----------------------------Wt 3.5, Tier 4, SPD 82, HP 390. >>> W 4.6, T4, SP 83, HP 370. "Large."
Wide Heater Shield -------------------------------Wt 4.7, Tier 4, SPD 82, HP 450. >>> W 4.7, T4, SP 84, HP 375. "Large."
Reinforced Wicker Square Shield -------------Wt 2.7, Tier 4, SPD 82, HP 370. >>> W 4.4, *T2*, SP 92, HP 250. "Light."
Highland Round Shield --------------------------Wt 4.7, Tier 4, SPD 82, HP 440. >>> W 4.9, T4, SP 85, HP 390. "Large."
Decorated Eastern Shield -----------------------Wt 4.7, Tier 4, SPD 82, HP 480. >>> W 3.6, T4, SP 95, HP 350. "Light."
Eastern Cavalry Shield ---------------------------Wt 2.7, Tier 4, SPD 82, HP 380. >>> W 3.4, T4, SP 94, HP 350. "Light."
Fortified Kite Shield -------------------------------Wt 5.4, Tier 4, SPD 82, HP 530. >>> W 5.3, T4, SP 86, HP 395. "Large."
Bronze Reinforced Highland Large Shield --Wt 3.5, Tier 4, SPD 82, HP 430. >>> W 4.5, T4, SP 84, HP 390. "Large."
Reinforced Targe -----------------------------------Wt 2.5, Tier 4, SPD 82, HP 380. >>> W 3.7, T4, SP 94, HP 405. "Small."
Norse Round Shield ------------------------------Wt 3.5, Tier 4, SPD 82, HP 430. >>> W 3.8, *T6*, SP 86, HP 475. "Large."
Heavy Round Shield ------------------------------Wt 4.7, Tier 4, SPD 86, HP 500. >>> W 6.0, T4, SP 83, HP 430. "Large."

TIER 5
weight baseline: 4.2. Small/Light -1.
speed baseline: 85. Small/Light +10.
health baseline: 425. Light -25.

Knights Kite Shield ---------------------------------Wt 4.7, Tier 5, SPD 82, HP 550. >>> W 3.6, T5, SP 95, HP 400. "Light."
Iron Reinforced Highland Large Shield -------Wt 3.5, Tier 5, SPD 82, HP 480. >>> W 4.1, T5, SP 86, HP 425. "Large."
Steel Round Shield --------------------------------- Wt 4.0, Tier 5, SPD 82, HP 520. >>> W 4.9, T5, SP 85, HP 475. "Large."

TIER 6
weight baseline: 3.8. Small/Light -1.
speed baseline: 86. Small/Light +10.
health baseline: 475. Light -25.

Heavy Heater Shield ------------------------------ Wt 3.3, Tier 6, SPD 87, HP 510. >>> W 4.8, T6, SP 83, HP 500. "Large."
Tall Heater Shield -----------------------------------Wt 2.1, Tier 6, SPD 85, HP 540. >>> W 3.8, T6, SP 86, HP 450. "Large."

Last edited:
Here's someone else's tribute score.

How can anyone look at this and say "yep seems good"?
Clearly, there are major bugs in some of the code still.

I am blessed not to have seen some of the weird overflows around Tribute or Army Influence, but you can't base your estimate of the Tribute system on an obvious bug.

Yeah, again, cool, you want the game to be different than it is. You think you "should" be getting tribute. You're not; maybe learn how to play the game instead, *if tribute payments matter to you*.

I simply cannot fathom anyone who played M&B realistically expects TaleWorlds to do some of this stuff. I'm a big modder, but I still have to defend the base game from Veterans like you, because you expect something without any evidence of it ever happening in history lol.

Alright I've gone through all shields, recorded their values, created a "baseline" desired average for each tier, modified the averages based on size/type/appearance of shield, then further tweaked those results based on other visual or name quirks of each shield. This is the first draft, what are your thoughts? (I'm a tad tired so there's probably multiple mistakes that can be fixed)

Currently in Bannerlord all shields are classed as "large shields". Now there are two more categories which some shields are moved into:
"Small" - Better weight and speed. Worse coverage. Normal HP. Most targe and adarga shields are in this category.
"Light" - Better weight and speed. Normal coverage. Worse HP. Most cavalry, heater and wicker shields are in this category.
"Large" - Worse weight and speed. Better coverage. Normal HP. Most kite, pavise and round shields are in this category.

Some shields have also had their tier changed, in order to suit their appearance better and provide more representation for certain types of shield in higher or lower tiers. These shields are marked with an *asterix* beside their newly changed tier.

It's always hard to judge without the in game impact, but I think at least on paper these look like good changes that represent the kind of diversification and balance I think shields should have. Coverage is the wild card for me since right now it feels like most shield using troops with few exceptions have very little variation in that respect (I'm not sure how much impact low vs. high coverage will make on balance), but I think it would be good to have more variety there as long as troops are adjusted accordingly.

This could have fooled me ngl, almost did

Tbh, no, i dont want all these changes but I wouldn't mind too much. I think clan recruiting is too easy once you get past certain point, but agree that relation should play a bit bigger role possibly. I think war/peace is fine.

The voting changes I wouldn't mind, even if not ideal. I'd like to have control over siege engines on defend and would be cool if ai would be able to reserve and attack with full as well yes, although why force 3 xd.

Enemy garrisons already do surrender. And now we can just capture 0 parties. However yes, idk why they havent added surrendering nobles yet. At least for situations where you outnumber 1:10 or more.
I also wouldn't mind having chance to be set free, if high honor, high relation and surrender, and enemy has mercy.

Please no buff to armours lol, they are already way too strong. I preferred pre armor buff, cant comprehend people wanting it to be even stronger. No chance of dying?

The melee ai and weapon balance is fine and wouldn't be better with your suggestions.

There's already too many troops to get hold of. I like playing with mods adding many more as well, but gotta be a limit somewhere. Not like these troop additions would make anything better at all.

Rain isn't in the game? Bald isn't an option? :O

They can't have unlimited servers. Few players. Financial decision.

Crashes they have been of course working on, should be better in 1.1.

Back
Top Bottom