Patch Notes v1.1.2

Users who are viewing this thread

promoted wanderers disappear and related
It can be hard to preproduce because it seems to be a %chance roll for them to be "lost" but it can happen to wanderer's who have been promoted to lord, even in situation like staying in a fief and being only 30yo where there would be no reason they could have died.
Yes, this hasn't occurred for us unfortunately. I thought maybe we may find an issue in the code, but there isn't an immediate obvious problem. We are still looking, but what would be really useful is a savegame that is prior to this issue occurring. If you happen to have such a thing, it would be great if you could share it.

Yes, this hasn't occurred for us unfortunately. I thought maybe we may find an issue in the code, but there isn't an immediate obvious problem. We are still looking, but what would be really useful is a savegame that is prior to this issue occurring. If you happen to have such a thing, it would be great if you could share it.
I'm experiencing the same issue, since it's a probability (like ex. pregnancy) it could take months or years, there is no set time frame where wanderers that are elevated into vassalage disappear so even if a save game is sent right before the vassal disappears, it could again take years.

Take look at this reddit post, many people seem to have the same issue, even on console.

In my attempts to reproduce it, it doesn't reproduce with the same Lords as it seems to be a daily roll. I expect it's the same function that removes wanderers that have not been recruited, or related to that change.
Here is a save started on 1.1 beta and carried over to 1.1.1., some lords(prior wanderers) have been "lost" and it can be seen on their encyclopedia page. There are a large amount of promoted lords so perhaps there will be a larger chance of it happening, but it seems to be a chance event.
https://files.catbox.moe/zb4zpn.sav

About workshops that has been adressed as you must be aware of even if not to your liking. People like to complain about workshops, want just to become a millionaire capitalist with no risk from them? Heck I didn't have problem with workshops when they gave half the income. Unless they've made them even worse again that is.
In 1.0.3 shops were making 200-300 a day easily and cost around 30k. That means it can take 100-150 just to get your investment back. In 1.1.0 most shops don't even make 100 without micro management. I have have been doing this testing and videos since 1.5.8 and i wouldn't be posting if I didn't know for sure there was a problem. The millionaire comment is off as you will never become a millionaire with shops even before 1.0. My whole point is you need to make them worth investing into. if it takes 40-80 days to get your investment maybe its ok but what fool would invest 30k to get it back in over 2 years just to make around 100-200 a day. That makes no sense. "Not to your liking"? You think I am the only one that hates how they are now? I guess the norm now is just to smith and make 1 million in my first 50 days than make 200-300 a day with a shop now

Rebel clans should immediately attempt to conquer the rebelling fief within a certain time limit if they cannot, they should disappear from the game.
yeah that has been a bug for many many months and nothing is done. Thankfully someone in my discord created a mod for it that I highly recommend. As a note the mod was created on January 3rd of this year. That tells you how long it's been a problem and nothing is done. Almost 3 months really.
edit to mod, go ahead merge them

Rebel clans should immediately attempt to conquer the rebelling fief within a certain time limit if they cannot, they should disappear from the game.
But that's not how real rebellions work. There is no time limit for the rebellion. Rebellions should only end when all the rebel leaders are killed, pardoned, persuaded to switch sides, etc. If they fail to conquer the fief and escape, they should have a bounty on their head. A new group should be spawned on the map called "Escaped Rebel." These will act like deserters and can be killed, ransomed, or recruited. If recruited, negative relations occur with the original fief kingdom. Then the player can have an option to talk with the lord of the fief and persuade them to pardon the escaped rebel with influence or money. If persuasion is successful, relations is regained.

In 1.0.3 shops were making 200-300 a day easily and cost around 30k. That means it can take 100-150 just to get your investment back. In 1.1.0 most shops don't even make 100 without micro management. I have have been doing this testing and videos since 1.5.8 and i wouldn't be posting if I didn't know for sure there was a problem. The millionaire comment is off as you will never become a millionaire with shops even before 1.0. My whole point is you need to make them worth investing into. if it takes 40-80 days to get your investment maybe its ok but what fool would invest 30k to get it back in over 2 years just to make around 100-200 a day. That makes no sense. "Not to your liking"? You think I am the only one that hates how they are now? I guess the norm now is just to smith and make 1 million in my first 50 days than make 200-300 a day with a shop now
it's passive income.

And no I can't relate to only making 100-200. Last time I tried I made 300-600, and the same people complained as much (or more) then, so can't take this complaint seriously.

I'd be all for making it a bit more interactive and risky, need of some management and ways to influence it (although even now, you can via the towns market), but simply making them give more income for no work well I don't see the point, as boring as just grinding smithing if not worse.

Funny that people complain about smithing, yet the only ones doing so are the ones abusing it, and then unlimited smithing stamina mod is also a really popular mod

it's passive income.
No duh, however passive income needs to provide returns that are worth the initial investment otherwise there is literally no point to it existing. Flesson knows more about workshops than any of us. He's right when he says that overall they are very badly balanced and not worth the investment.
Last time I tried
What patch?

I always considered it silly to just talk to any workshop employee and buy it right away from him. Owner doesn't care his employee sold his business on which most probably his family depended 😁
There should be some workshops in the game that are considered "bankrupt". The player would talk to OWNER to close the deal and story of buying it and saving former owner from debts becomes suddenly believable.
+ player should have possibility to start new workshop. That would open an interesting quests/missions,such as outcompeting others in clean or dirty way, making cartel deals or even establishing guilds of the same craftsman industries.

There's no reason for workshops really - not how they are 'using' it. It's just passive income to offset your party wages. No upgrade path, no 'saving' a business, no 'monopoly', no complexity (player agency) etc...you just have to buy workshop with a close goods village nearby; set and forget.
IF workshops was the primary source of income, then yes, it's not worth it at all currently. But I just see it as a 'purchasable' perk that gives you a ~5% (or whatever amount you can min/max workshops) discount to your wages - no different from the other character perks that do so.

1.0.3 was really good. I have all the data from every test ive done back to 1.5.10. In 1.0.3 most shops were 200-250 which is what I think very reasonable, except for the raising of prices to buy shops. Obviously some shops make too much and some not enough and need adjusting but 1.0.3 was really good. I can guarantee something changed in 1.1.0 and continues in 1.1.1. As it's just my opinion, a shop making 200-250 a day at 15k buying price I think it pretty good. It's enough profit but nothing to get rich on. but making 100 day on a 30k investment makes no sense.

All those economy/diplomacy features are definitely needed, but i would be happy if my guys could face out when i tell them to make a square....

I always considered it silly to just talk to any workshop employee and buy it right away from him. Owner doesn't care his employee sold his business on which most probably his family depended 😁
There should be some workshops in the game that are considered "bankrupt". The player would talk to OWNER to close the deal and story of buying it and saving former owner from debts becomes suddenly believable.
+ player should have possibility to start new workshop. That would open an interesting quests/missions,such as outcompeting others in clean or dirty way, making cartel deals or even establishing guilds of the same craftsman industries.
Thanks for pointing out this silly thing. It has been in the game for so long that I kind of accepted it.

@MArdA TaleWorlds

Is the Troop Sorting feature in Party view being improved or is this the final product? The reason I am asking is the few options provided can only be used as single options.

Right now we can only sort troops according to Tier, name, Type...etc. This is better than nothing of course, but it is very limiting!
For instance, I can't really sort my troops by Type and Tier which I personally find the most useful. Others may find sorting by name and tier more useful...ect.

This might not be a big priority for TW at this time and the feature might be improved in the future, which is fine. Again, this is better than nothing. However, until players find it useful and meet their playstyle, can this feature be an optional one (checkbox in Game Options menu) until then?

I don't mean to diminish the efforts of TW, but the currently available Troop Sorting Mod is...hmmm...kinda more useful at this time.

Thank you.

There's no reason for workshops really - not how they are 'using' it.
There's no reason for player owned workshops really - not how they are 'using' it. (Fixed that for you.)

The reason at bigger level is to drive the economy somewhat differently in each play through, so that it's not always cheap tools is Seonon and bargain oil from Quyaz.

Somewhat off-topic: I have great nostalgia for the kind of trading/producing gameplay loop I used to use in Warband - visting villages to get cheap goods to sell in towns/put in my workshops. I really feel that Bannerlord misses this.

1.0.3 was really good. I have all the data from every test ive done back to 1.5.10. In 1.0.3 most shops were 200-250 which is what I think very reasonable, except for the raising of prices to buy shops. Obviously some shops make too much and some not enough and need adjusting but 1.0.3 was really good. I can guarantee something changed in 1.1.0 and continues in 1.1.1. As it's just my opinion, a shop making 200-250 a day at 15k buying price I think it pretty good. It's enough profit but nothing to get rich on. but making 100 day on a 30k investment makes no sense.
If that's the case (that it was fine in 1.0.3, but much worse in 1.1) then okay.

I haven't tried in 1.1 really no.
But it just seems like every patch this gets complained about however I haven't experienced it (even when there were complains).

I don't know the reason(s) for the changes between versions and I won't bother speculate.

As for some shops making much others less, I don't think that's bad, on the contrary I think it's how it should be. Some workshop where there isn't demand for the product (or too much supply), alternatively where there isn't enough or cheap raw materials, shouldn't give much if any income.

feelotraveller said:

"Somewhat off-topic: I have great nostalgia for the kind of trading/producing gameplay loop I used to use in Warband - visting villages to get cheap goods to sell in towns/put in my workshops. I really feel that Bannerlord misses this."

Yes definitely. Not off topic at all. More interaction is welcome, rather than simply buy/invest and print money.

However in Bannerlord since it's actually economy based, you can influence it via the towns market. Buying/selling relevant goods in it affects the profitability of the workshop

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom