Patch Notes v1.1.2

Users who are viewing this thread

The issue is in progress, but not yet concluded.

The very definition of this game.

I have not touched your game since you dropped 1.1.0 on us.

You broke lots of mods, introduced more bugs and made the game worse with your FoW feature.

The worst part is knowing you don't even care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes definitely. Not off topic at all. More interaction is welcome, rather than simply buy/invest and print money.

Part of what is missing for me is a reason to go to villages. I basically only go there in Bannerlord if there is a quest offered whereas in Warband there were many reasons to go there - trading, recruiting, donating money to a poor peasant family, looking for bandit fights and assassination attempts are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

While the town based economy in Bannerlord is a very much better system I don't get how the villages fit into the gameplay loop of the player. Sure they drive the economy but not in a way I have meaningful interaction with. They are pretty useless interactively for me since I don't raid and the quests, although good in theory, are very hit and miss. I get sick of the notables telling me "you don't have enough troops for this" (brigands/deserters) when I could crush them singlehandedly, for example.

If I don't have a reason to interact economically with villages (which is what I would prefer) then I need other reasons to interact with them. Dropping in to see what the blue exclamation mark is about is fine but there needs to be 'so much' more to them than that, imo.

to all DEVS, can we please have more then 3 maps in TDM

have optional head armor

have optional shoulder armor

(no the factions hats don't look good)

you can have the option be client side if it is too difficult to develop

fix the current animations

fix the worn shields

post a roadmap for multiplayer

program XP and Loot events for mp

regards

Part of what is missing for me is a reason to go to villages. I basically only go there in Bannerlord if there is a quest offered whereas in Warband there were many reasons to go there - trading, recruiting, donating money to a poor peasant family, looking for bandit fights and assassination attempts are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

While the town based economy in Bannerlord is a very much better system I don't get how the villages fit into the gameplay loop of the player. Sure they drive the economy but not in a way I have meaningful interaction with. They are pretty useless interactively for me since I don't raid and the quests, although good in theory, are very hit and miss. I get sick of the notables telling me "you don't have enough troops for this" (brigands/deserters) when I could crush them singlehandedly, for example.

If I don't have a reason to interact economically with villages (which is what I would prefer) then I need other reasons to interact with them. Dropping in to see what the blue exclamation mark is about is fine but there needs to be 'so much' more to them than that, imo.
Can't relate. In warband 99% of going to village was to recruit, same in Bannerlord. Only difference being: more villages in BL and no need to visit all of them to get full army.
Trading is more in there in Bannerlord than Warband imo (it's really the same), but in Warband there was little to nothing to gain from it, in BL because of the economy you can find some great priced products in some villages, and sometimes villages are even necessary to get something like Cows/livestock.
Donating money? haha what?
There also was no "looking for bandit fights" or "assassination attempts", there was just a small possibility of getting ambushed by bandits when recruiting although no that's not a reason to go visit the villages, rather a rare consequence (I do however think that BL should have similar random events).
And thinking about quests, at least there are a few more and varied quests involving villages in BL.

They recently updated raiding in Bannerlord, I think it was fine even before but now it's a lot profitable as well.

One exception being village upgrades, but due to the amount I think it's much better to have them tied to castle/town, heck even in Warband I'd never manage more than 1 village or 2.

I'm not sure other than more quests what you would like to see in villages. If you don't want to do quests or raid that's on you.

There also was no "looking for bandit fights" or "assassination attempts", there was just a small possibility of getting ambushed by bandits when recruiting although no that's not a reason to go visit the villages, rather a rare consequence (I do however think that BL should have similar random events).
There were assassination attempts in warband you just need to have very low relation with a random vassal for it to happen.

Can't relate. In warband 99% of going to village was to recruit, same in Bannerlord.
Troops are so common in bannerlord (aka worthless) that there is no need to go to villages to recruit them. Most of mine come from prisoners but they are also common in towns, and can be auto-recruited if you own a fief. Sure, I'll occasionally pick up a fian or khan's guard to be, but that's hardly a reason to go to the villages.

Guess you never played that much warband. :xf-grin:

There also was no "looking for bandit fights" or "assassination attempts"
Bandits commonly took over villages and there was a fight with your party plus the villagers against them if you choose to enter. Not sure how much warband you could have played and missed these events. The bandit fight sort of exists in bannerlord as a village quest, although often broken and needing you to wait around for half a day or so for them to arrive, but can only be taken if you 'have enough troops'.

Assassination attempts were pretty common, and although not a reason to go to villages it added some flavour (as did the ones in town).

Trading is more in there in Bannerlord than Warband imo (it's really the same), but in Warband there was little to nothing to gain from it, in BL because of the economy you can find some great priced products in some villages, and sometimes villages are even necessary to get something like Cows/livestock.
I found better bargains in warband when selling to villages and that was where the bargain buys were also. In bannerlord if you see a village with cheap products then it will be even cheaper in the tradebound town. So why buy at a premium in the villages? And they don't buy at a good price either. It is true that occasionally when buying cows, or horses, the village will have some when the town doesn't. But it's pretty rare.

I'm not sure other than more quests what you would like to see in villages. If you don't want to do quests or raid that's on you.

Not raiding is definitely on me - I just don't see the point. It's not going to make a significant difference to the AI's income and chances are I'll own the village sooner or later in which case having raided it will bite me back. Shrug.

I do quite a few quests at different times in the game, it is one of the improvements of bannerlord. What I don't like is the artificial restrictions placed on them. Take the defend the village from deserters quest (since we have talked about it): in warband I could arrive in the village by myself and take on the bandits with help of the villagers but in bannerlord it commonly tells me "you don't have enough troops for this". Huh? I'd complete it easily if given the chance. And if I fail then that's on me.

But back to where we came in, and this is the important point, trade prices are best both for buying and selling in towns. If it's cheap to buy in the village it will be even cheaper in town which means there is no reason to go looking to buy or sell in villages, special circumstances aside. So as a direct response: one thing I would like to see is for the price of raw goods to be cheaper in the village than in the tradebound town. Then I would have a reason to go to the villages for trade.

Can't relate. In warband 99% of going to village was to recruit, same in Bannerlord. Only difference being: more villages in BL and no need to visit all of them to get full army.
And thinking about quests, at least there are a few more and varied quests involving villages in BL.

They recently updated raiding in Bannerlord, I think it was fine even before but now it's a lot profitable as well.

One exception being village upgrades, but due to the amount I think it's much better to have them tied to castle/town, heck even in Warband I'd never manage more than 1 village or 2.

Definetly not. In Warband going to villages in the first instances is vital and it's a big part of the game. Wether a lord gives you a quest to hunt a criminal there, or you talk with the village elder to raise relations with the town. Once you raise relations the game tells you how much the people like you and if you raise it to 100 you start getting a ****load of troops and high quality ones too so you don't have to train them from 0. Bannerlord does basically the same but it's awful in Bannerlord because instead of raising relations with a village where people like you and you recruit them you get to buy slaves from a person who for some reason sells people who lives there so the idea of being liked by a population no longer exists. I hate notables

They already have our money, why bother finishing the game? They are probably working on something else to sell on early access...

Last edited:
They already have our money, why bother finishing the game? They are probably working on something else to sell on early access...

not only that. positive reviews on steam keep coming in (to my utter bewilderment).

so they are not finishing the game as you can probably tell. they are likely working on something else by now and this is their little side-project they look into when they are bored. every now and again they come say hi on the forums for appearances sake. even modders spend (spent) more time on this game than TW does. but modders are on their way out now too, as they are growing tired of having to update their mods constantly and have moved on to other games. this will be the final nail in the coffin.

its sad when you consider how great this game could have become in better hands.

Last edited:
I think they pulled half the staff away to work on something or maybe a DLC. bannerlord made the money and now it's time to chase the next bit of your wallet. Remember back in the 1.0 or 1.1 days of Early access we got patches 3 or 4 times a week and now we go 2-4 weeks with nothing. There is no good reason you can't patch some issues weekly to keep progress going. It is just my opinion but as we get no word from TW, what else can we assume?

Back
Top Bottom