Patch Notes v1.1.1

Users who are viewing this thread

The planned claimant quests may help with this - how they will work and when they drop is unknown!
Although I want Claimants and civil wars, I would much rather have a feature that allows me to depose a ruler and replace them without weird wacky hijinks when I meet a specific requirement. Be that election or a high clan tier, or both.

I have a problem with corrupted save files. I have seven files listed as corrupted all with 01/01/0001, 00:00 dates. What does this mean and how do I get rid of them? They are not in the save file under Doc, BTW. If I delete one of them, the game actually deletes my latest real save.

Last edited:
1) Ai prisoners not being dropped off to full dungeons, 2) rebel clans not being destroyed after rebellions fail, 3) battle orders not working when assisting the AI, 4) AI pathing in sieges a joke as troops abandon towers and rams and AI spawning inside of building so you can't end a fight, 5) smithing items changing values after reloading 6) Parties leader still not taking food variety so steward gain is very minimal(we should be allowed to trade our trade good with our clan parties) 7) Defection bug overcorrected so no almost no one defects........I could go on and on, non stop, my question is why with so many issues are we just worried about pushing out patches when there is still so much from many months ago that needs fixing first. Analogy, Let's fix the rust on the car before we paint it.

giphy.gif

I have completely lost hope that the game is going to be fixed… I think they just said eff everyone and their games and to start over. Pretty sad…
If you want to lose even further hope, have a look at the never-dwindling list of bugs and crash items being listed on the Technical Support page for Singleplayer and Multiplayer.

67 pages of "in progress" bugs and crashes in the Singleplayer alone. Nevermind the ones "not resolved" nor admitted to either category, and nevermind some are dated back to 2020.

That's why the new mechanics like alleyways and the claimant quest are/will be so basic and using already implemented mechanisms. Adding anymore complexity to the game would 10 fold this list.

The game is forever f**ked. A fault of the developers for not being up to scratch, and whoever else is in charge of the abysmal community management, who offered their help and would be met with silence.

And a quick look at the latest Glassdoor reviews from 2023 and the huge 2022 investment in to a mobile game company confirms my suspicions. TW have lost control.

Last edited:
I have completely lost hope that the game is going to be fixed… I think they just said eff everyone and their games and to start over. Pretty sad…

some modders are fixing the game, and improving the game.

whilst TW is nerfing workshops to make them useless and irrelevant, for example, the modders are finishing the job TW couldn't or wouldn't.other modders are playing around with AI and allowing players to hold conversations with the world's NPC. then we have (had) modders allowing you to buy and customise houses... what is TW working on? that's right, nerfing the encyclopedia.

the irony is that TW will release a new patch sometime in the near future and continue to break the work done by these people. many mods have not been updated yet for 1.1.0. and all because TW wanted some FoW **** that no one asked for and leaving so many other important things broken or incomplete.

imo, TW should stop working on PC and focus exclusively on the fortnite players. its what they should have done when said the game was out of beta and "officially released". let the modders finish the job unhindered.

Last edited:
some modders are fixing the game, and improving the game.

whilst TW is nerfing workshops to make them useless and irrelevant, for example, the modders are finishing the job TW couldn't or wouldn't.other modders are playing around with AI and allowing players to hold conversations with the world's NPC. then we have (had) modders allowing you to buy and customise houses... what is TW working on? that's right, nerfing the encyclopedia.

the irony is that TW will release a new patch sometime in the near future and continue to break the work done by these people. many mods have not been updated yet for 1.1.0. and all because TW wanted some FoW **** that no one asked for and leaving so many other important things broken or incomplete.

imo, TW should stop working on PC and focus exclusively on the fortnite players. its what they should have done when said the game was out of beta and "officially released". let the modders finish the job unhindered.
I do not think TW should stop working on PC at all. I think they should release a patch which makes simple changes to fix the core problems with the game people have been complaining about for 2 years.

It is absolutely fine and good for TW to release patches that break mods so long as the patches are worthwhile downloading and remove the need for many of these mods to exist at all. They just need to actually do that.

Fix voting by making lords vote based on their trait/political preference, fix war score calculation by literally just changing one number (raid impact on war score), fix relation with nobles by increasing just one number (impact of relation on cost of bribe to join you), and suddenly Diplomacy no longer becomes vital to enjoy the lategame on any level.

Fix armour by changing just one number and scaling up some others to match (armour protection from pierce damage 1.7* higher, and melee weapons' pierce damage 1.7* higher) and now you don't need RBM to make your battles actually enjoyable.

I do not think TW should stop working on PC at all. I think they should release a patch which makes simple changes to fix the core problems with the game people have been complaining about for 2 years.

It is absolutely fine and good for TW to release patches that break mods so long as the patches are worthwhile downloading and remove the need for many of these mods to exist at all. They just need to actually do that.

Fix voting by making lords vote based on their trait/political preference, fix war score calculation by literally just changing one number (raid impact on war score), fix relation with nobles by increasing just one number (impact of relation on cost of bribe to join you), and suddenly Diplomacy no longer becomes vital to enjoy the lategame on any level.

Fix armour by changing just one number and scaling up some others to match (armour protection from pierce damage 1.7* higher, and melee weapons' pierce damage 1.7* higher) and now you don't need RBM to make your battles actually enjoyable.
These are yet more simple and basic," mechanistic ", well thought out, rational, sensible, suggestions.

What do you imagine is the obstacle to TW tweaking these sort of things, all the well - meant feedback offered by discerning game - testing fans, and such easy and obvious improvements, over the last two years?

What do you imagine is the obstacle to TW tweaking these sort of things, all the well - meant feedback offered by discerning game - testing fans, and such easy and obvious improvements, over the last two years?
From the horse's mouth, i.e see last 3 out of 4 of this year's reviews of working for the company from i assume employees who have left in 2023:

20th February 2023: "I often found myself (more than often) working on tasks that were later scrapped or changed completely after a 30 seconds demonstration, which is frustrating and demotivating. - People can make disastrous mistakes (literally, causing months of work loss) and get away with it completely. - There is a very obvious unequal treatment of employees. Foreign workers seem to be treated better and given more opportunities (and salary) than local workers like myself."

24th February 2023: "Management does not take the initiative to inquire the problems the employees are struggling through and employees can not express their issues regarding the company due to lack of interest from the leads and mobbing related hostile environment."

27th February 2023: "Team leads are unqualified, most of them have never set foot in another company before TW and doesn't know how the world works"

You don't have to be a TW former employee to realise they have a serious management problem..

*3 years. Two things: engine coding issues and poorly managed development.

Wow not a ringing endorsement from your community, TW, you should have taken my PR offer and the feeling from the community might be a bit different

Was just thinking the same! It´s alarming. Just awhile ago hotfix came several times a week.
Given the number of bugs that came it should have come one each day.
Blame Microcucks. They have some bull**** in place that makes companies jump through hoops to apply patches.

How do you find out it failed? Haven't seen that. But what I have seen is if after finishing both sets of dialogues, you go to the clan leader, but the spouse had been captured or in a cool down, the finalizing the marriage dialogue won't be available, it doesn't tell you this, but later if they are freed you can get it.

Should really take the time to write a line for NPC to tell the player "????? is a prisoner so you can't get married right now".
It only gives the option to "give me another chance" and It says I'm sorry we just aren't compatible but I never got a chance to do the three dialogue options in the first place.

Ah I disagree...

the fact that TW have a list of 'still to introduce' features and haven't finished the 'Battle Terrain System' (which I see as central + fundamental to gameplay ) .... that says it all. The game was launched incomplete.

So yes , in all but name, it's E.A. still.

Apart from that.... some normal bugs? Sure, fine.... but 'load and save' bugs? ... after launch? That's basic.

Maybe it's because I've been gaming since the early 80s - I remember a time when competence was expected

(Products which were properly quality tested).

These days it's more like " Ah well, we did our best. The community will tell us about any serious errors we've made / bugs".
Agreed. I'm an old gamer as well, and seeing the industry change from shipping a finished product(complete with a guide on basic game functions) to calling something e.a. when its alpha, finished when its beta, and rolling out DLC when the game is actually finished....its frustrating.

What other industry expects the consumer to be unpaid employees, testing their alpha product while false advertising it as finished?

The entire industry acts like they're working out of their moms basements.

Having said that, this isn't specific to TW. Its the half-assed standards that control the industry.

I wish the devs would do weekly or monthly updates on what they are working on. No reason to keep things secret since the game is already out on full release?

Back
Top Bottom