Patch Notes v1.1.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Personally, I find Bannerlord very deep in the variety and replayability of what it offers. And impressive in terms of coding. Few games offer such a marriage. And in terms of AI, I find the effort quite successful and pleasant in this new world of video games which increasingly neglects good AI, favoring much simpler and/or marked systems.
No right or wrong in how everyone enjoys a game they play. But I wouldn't really call this one a successful 'marriage' of the features. The features are there/present, but they are hardly cohesive in a meaningful/intelligent gameplay way.
The 'AI', from what I've experienced, is just a basic set of trigger logics (ie enemy # smaller = chase, war score lower = make peace, tribute low = make war); battle AI follows that much the same with their formations. It 'works' to get the player into repetitive fights/battles, but it's hardly some groundbreaking or fresh thing; and frankly, quite basic compared to dated games.
A game that is 100% management, or 100% strategy, or 100% rpg, or 100% battle, will surely be "deeper" in its field, but not necessarily deeper as a game because precisely that is all it does, is easier. That's my point of view anyway.
Sure, but TW is in the 'jack of all trades, master of none' category. Not good at anything in particular. If it was 25% mgmt/25% strat/25% rpg/25% battle; that's acceptable. But right now, it's like 15/15/15/15% throughout, not anyway close to 100% done.

Fog of war is bad for Ironman mode when it comes down to the marriage proposals. Because you maybe stuck with a spouse that is way too old for your clan members that can't get pregnant. Marriage proposals should come with all stats being exposed like age so that we are not stuck with infertile members. Feasts should come back to the game giving the us a chance at meeting characters and filling up our encyclopedia. Especially the Warband function of winning a tourney and then being invited or having access to feast and dedicating tourney victories to a potential spouse or a means of increasing relation to clans early. Feast should come with fog of war to balance each other out.

Ironman mode has problems other than just fog of war not being balance for the player in that mode. In Ironman mode in Warband everytime the player enters the meta map or the world map it saves but this doesn't happen in Bannerlord so its still easy to save scum or if the game crashes you lose valuable progress because the mode doesn't save every encounter or every time you enter the meta-map. Another thing in Ironman mode is that its broken one of my characters in a modded game died and the cut scene happened and his end game stats but I was able to load the save and continue playing him as if he didn't die. Ironman player character deaths should be permanent preventing the use of that character. I'm trying to reproduce this in an unmodded game to report it properly.

The real problem is iron man mode. Things happen in Bannerlord, and any other game, that require correction by reloading. I get the idea but it just doesn't work in practice. Many players self enforce iron man rules in other games, I do in Gothic2, for example, but no one wants to end a game because of getting stuck in the scenery. If there are bugs, or bad dev decisions, you need an out, imho.

Several of my courtship failed without me even getting the chance to talk to them and try the speech options. Does courtship have an auto time out now?
Ran into this issue too. Passed the speech checks with Liena and decided I didn't want to be a clingy creep so I gave her some space and went to do a quest before coming back. Of course Vlandia got sucked into a war and when I found her again after the quest she was half way across the map. When I got to her she shut me down said we weren't right for each other. No chance to even try the second set of charisma checks. Good riddance.

Ran into this issue too. Passed the speech checks with Liena and decided I didn't want to be a clingy creep so I gave her some space and went to do a quest before coming back. Of course Vlandia got sucked into a war and when I found her again after the quest she was half way across the map. When I got to her she shut me down said we weren't right for each other. No chance to even try the second set of charisma checks. Good riddance.
This happened to me too.

Several of my courtship failed without me even getting the chance to talk to them and try the speech options. Does courtship have an auto time out now?
How do you find out it failed? Haven't seen that. But what I have seen is if after finishing both sets of dialogues, you go to the clan leader, but the spouse had been captured or in a cool down, the finalizing the marriage dialogue won't be available, it doesn't tell you this, but later if they are freed you can get it.

Should really take the time to write a line for NPC to tell the player "????? is a prisoner so you can't get married right now".

What is the current BETA version and what is the current STABLE version I am really starting to get confused. Normally TW puts BETA in the name of the BETA version and the BETA PATCH version. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Thank you.

What is the current BETA version and what is the current STABLE version I am really starting to get confused. Normally TW puts BETA in the name of the BETA version and the BETA PATCH version. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Thank you.
Stable, but bugged version: 1.1.1
Beta version: currently none available

so Ill ask for the 4th time @Duh_TaleWorlds any word on fixing the defection issue. No one defects, you over corrected when everyone was defecting. It is very annoying mechanic right now and needs adjusting soon

So it's been 20 days, still no update for the fix for bugs introduced in 1.1?
Was just thinking the same! It´s alarming. Just awhile ago hotfix came several times a week.
Given the number of bugs that came it should have come one each day.

Back
Top Bottom