Patch Notes v1.1.1

Users who are viewing this thread

This game really is still in 'Early Access' and everyone knows it.

Save and load crashes post 'launch'. lol
With 1.1 it really feels as complete as can expect. Not that there aren't things to improve on, there always are, but all essentials are there and no huge bugs.

I've not experienced any crashes for long. Bugs and crashes still exist for basically every game, especially complex ones, impossible to get rid of completely. Doesn't make it "early access".

A puddle really? Because you know a lot of Vanilla games that offer so much?

Chivalry? For Honor? Total War? Kingdoms Come? Sorry but none go as far as Bannerlord. All together maybe, but not individually.

Unfortunately you prove that "big games" are right to stack quests without bothering with AI, replayability or variety, given the little recognition you give to it despite the incredible complexity it adds to the code...

And beyond that the lack of recognition for the work of others... Try to code even a small 2D game for 100 differents pc, and you will understand the work that the "puddle" Bannerlord represents.

Good luck and thank you to the developers for their work, including this update and from the beginning.

Some people understand and support your work. Gd Night for all.
Real quick do you think there's some games that don't have ai?

Also yes chivalry has much deeper combat, total war has much deeper strategy, kingdom come has much deeper roleplaying.

Ok so after playing with the new console micro patch...

1) Workshops make NO money under ANY conditions which is ridiculous since those are supposed to be the pinnacle of economic resource.

2) ALL previous saves are absolutely broken, crashes galore, corruption galore

3) Fog of War sucks and makes zero sense as implemented, once I become a vassal or form my own Kingdom and invite nobles, their clan/other clans should NOT have "shadow people" it's ridiculously bonkers to assume I would not know who these people are

4) waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many Wanderers are "dying" before I meet them or need their specific stats for a role. This is causing a crash in where after a few hours of playing a new campaign the Encyclopedia has HUNDREDS of dead people and the LAG to CRASH is inevitable, this is also causing save game bloating BECAUSE the game is STILL tracking dead people. It should not. Either once they are dead they are removed from the game 100% (get rid of the Dead section) or just stop making the game cycle through Wanderers for NO REASON.

5) my wives REFUSE to get pregnant any more. Before 1.1 all it took was a few days of waiting. In my three most recent playthroughs I've had to wait WEEKS and in my most recent I was going on THREE MONTHS of waiting and when she FINALLY gave birth it was stillborn. In fact my last 8 kids were ALL stillborn. Now at first I was thinking this is just a terrible streak of bad luck. But it's not. Ya'll have most definitely done something absolutely terrible to pregnancy and birthrates which is RUINING THE GAME. I should also add that I am using the Virile skill perk on both me and my wives.

I married Ira from the western empire and had 3 kids who are perfectly fine. Did you get the perk that gives you 30% more chance to have children? Seems these issues are affecting you more then others.

With 1.1 it really feels as complete as can expect. Not that there aren't things to improve on, there always are, but all essentials are there and no huge bugs.

I've not experienced any crashes for long. Bugs and crashes still exist for basically every game, especially complex ones, impossible to get rid of completely. Doesn't make it "early access".
Ah I disagree...

the fact that TW have a list of 'still to introduce' features and haven't finished the 'Battle Terrain System' (which I see as central + fundamental to gameplay ) .... that says it all. The game was launched incomplete.

So yes , in all but name, it's E.A. still.

Apart from that.... some normal bugs? Sure, fine.... but 'load and save' bugs? ... after launch? That's basic.

Maybe it's because I've been gaming since the early 80s - I remember a time when competence was expected

(Products which were properly quality tested).

These days it's more like " Ah well, we did our best. The community will tell us about any serious errors we've made / bugs".

Last edited:
4) waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many Wanderers are "dying" before I meet them or need their specific stats for a role. This is causing a crash in where after a few hours of playing a new campaign the Encyclopedia has HUNDREDS of dead people and the LAG to CRASH is inevitable.

werent saves for consoles getting corrupted because they were getting too large?

and TW response is to populate the wiki with hundreds or thousands of dead people?

Thank you Devs, a good update thing I just noticed - a brand spanking new wife ( albeit sadly not, retrospectively, an Old Save wife, evidently - she remains at -1) gets a Relation boost of about 31 pts when you marry !
Still, one has to careful - there are some funny - looking smiles out there.

Now, if you could please do away with the horrid Mockney English accent Battanian ( " Welsh " ? ) NOBLE women are unfortunately, totally inappropriately, and anti - immersively, currently saddled with ..........

Ah I disagree...

the fact that TW have a list of 'still to introduce' features and haven't finished the 'Battle Terrain System' (which I see as central + fundamental to gameplay ) .... that says it all. The game was launched incomplete.

Apart from that.... some normal bugs? Sure, fine.... but 'load and save' bugs? ... after launch? That's basic.

Maybe it's because I've been gaming since the early 80s - I remember a time when competence was expected

These days it's more like " Ah well, we did our best. The community will tell us about any serious errors we've made / bugs".
Because you can just 'patch/download' it in now, before as CD/cartridge release, they had to make sure quality was good before final manufacture/publish.
Now quality control is so far down the priority list for most studios; it's now being sold as an EA feature recent years.

Ah I disagree...

Hmm, forgot about the scenes, that they arent all added yet. Honestly didn't notice when playing last. Yes I might be inclined to agree with that, all the battle maps should be added and the castle/town scenes as well as TW had planned. I don't know, I've never experienced any load and save bug, would probably be frustrated myself if I did.

But I definitely can't agree with your later implication. Disregarding the fact that todays games are way more complex and bigger, well any and all older games I've played have had their share of bugs, even game breaking ones.

The main difference is of course then developers couldn't just update the game continually as today. It's true, total bug disasters were not a thing (as far as I'm aware) and games on general maybe got a more complete game testing, but usually it also meant that was it and no further fixing to be expected unlike today. Of course a problem is that updates (both fixing, but even more when adding content) also means introducing even more bugs usually, on big games such as this and that's definitely a drawback.

Anyways, I think it's fully playable and a full gameplay experience can be had so then I wouldn't call it early access. In the end it's up to the developers what they deem it as.

I found funny bug regarding claiming alleys.
After successfully claimed area and deploying own troops, you can hit your lads (with bare hands) and then the message about clearing area appears + decreasing/increasing relations with notables. I repeated that until crashed. :grin:

ps. hope this is right thread to report to

It's funny to see people getting mad bucause of the new patch. I have already experienced all those bugs in the beta patch so I don't really care now.

Real quick do you think there's some games that don't have ai?

Also yes chivalry has much deeper combat, total war has much deeper strategy, kingdom come has much deeper roleplaying.

Of course I believe it. Many FPS don't bother with the AI anymore and only do multiplayer. More and more RPGs prefer the chain of highly scripted quests rather than adaptive AIs. And the fights are more and more in the style of Batman Arkham, sympathetic but without tactical AI since it just attacks each in turn. So yes, apart from strategy games and this Bannerlord among others, AI is unfortunately increasingly neglected in games.

All the games mentioned do only one thing, none does everything like Bannerlord manages to do, including at the AI level. Chivalery and Kindom Comes are also very scripted,
there is no AI tactical analysis. I insist on this because it is really the hardest to code.

Stevepine and June, nostalgia made you forget the many windows returns (cossacks, age of empires 2, empire earth, unreal tournament 2004...), freezes (several games on Gamecube), and major bugs never fixed (TheSaboteur, TrueCrime, TalesOfSymfonia...). Only the very big games had no problem at the time, and still not sure... Coding a game has always been difficult, the only difference these days is that they can continue to improve a game already released, which is a good thing considering the problems never corrected at the time.

@Duh_TaleWorlds Are there any plans to fix defections? When the defection bug hit and was patched you guys over corrected and now no one wants to defect. You get kingdoms with no fiefs, clans are broke and they just hang around and don't leave. So whatever was done it needs to be scaled back just a bit so clans will defect a "little" more especially when a kingdom is in ruins. In my last game, Battania had no fiefs or money and they had 7 clans just staying together. It was not like that before the defection hotfix. Also rebel clans still aren't being eliminated when the rebellion fails. You get 15-25 rebel clans running around by around day 1000 which is annoying.

@Duh_TaleWorlds Are there any plans to fix defections? When the defection bug hit and was patched you guys over corrected and now no one wants to defect. You get kingdoms with no fiefs, clans are broke and they just hang around and don't leave. So whatever was done it needs to be scaled back just a bit so clans will defect a "little" more especially when a kingdom is in ruins. In my last game, Battania had no fiefs or money and they had 7 clans just staying together. It was not like that before the defection hotfix. Also rebel clans still aren't being eliminated when the rebellion fails. You get 15-25 rebel clans running around by around day 1000 which is annoying.
add this to the list: and those Rebel Clans, when they "succeed"... the player as a sovereign can not talk to them about being recruited into his faction. So unless they get randomly AI-invited to some faction, they sit around after becoming landless and the War Dec calculation mistake makes them want to declare war on factions, one by one and randomly.

All the games mentioned do only one thing, none does everything like Bannerlord manages to do,
Yeah and if bannerlord can manage to do just one of them well we wouldn't be calling the game shallow. Simply doing a lot of different things doesn't make a game deep or engaging.

Also putting aside your cherry picked list, you do realize no game has truly "adaptive ai" right? Certainly Bannerlord doesn't either. Its all scripting. Sometimes a lot of scripting, but still scripting.

Yeah and if bannerlord can manage to do just one of them well we wouldn't be calling the game shallow. Simply doing a lot of different things doesn't make a game deep or engaging.

Also putting aside your cherry picked list, you do realize no game has truly "adaptive ai" right? Certainly Bannerlord doesn't either. Its all scripting. Sometimes a lot of scripting, but still scripting.
That's your personal feeling. I don't have the same one, and I'm talking about pure coding, not the result. It's harder and it takes more skill to mix genres than to focus on one genre, that's fact.

You understood me perfectly on the term "adaptive", in the sense capable of adapting, managing, defending, and attacking, while remaining tactically coherent. It's much harder to code than the AIs of the games mentioned above except Total War.

Personally, I find Bannerlord very deep in the variety and replayability of what it offers. And impressive in terms of coding. Few games offer such a marriage. And in terms of AI, I find the effort quite successful and pleasant in this new world of video games which increasingly neglects good AI, favoring much simpler and/or marked systems.

A game that is 100% management, or 100% strategy, or 100% rpg, or 100% battle, will surely be "deeper" in its field, but not necessarily deeper as a game because precisely that is all it does, is easier. That's my point of view anyway.

Since when was this "working as intended"? Because I recall now changes in patch notes stating such. And all it does is discourage players to join a ongoing battle as a 3rd party. My horse archers and cav get useless in a forced mixed unit, and that is just one example of how poorly this is "working as intended".

Back
Top Bottom