Patch Notes v1.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

I know you are passionate about workshops, but 1.1.0 didn't introduce this particular change. Having said that, I believe the next larger update will have an interesting adjustment for them.
that is great news and really excited for it. my concern is for 1.1.0. I had someone look at the code and he couldnt find any issue. But I did 4 hours of testing and nearly all shops are making under 100 a day. There is an issue, I wish I knew, but it seems to happen most patches. Like now in 1.1.0 the price of linen has doubled. I know it's tough to track down, but I fear this is an issue that wont get resolved and 1.1.0 is live and the bigger concern will be the beta branch. I still havent made a workshop video for this branch and I know for a fact something is wrong. And like I said I am excited for whatever you guys have planned but if there is a problem in the code and it's carried over to 1.1.1 then that will cause issues as well. FYI I test at day 225, which I think is early enough for people to buy them but the economy has stabilized for the early rare stock of goods. But that's my concern, no fix before introducing something new

Right now it TW release a patch which degrades the game further because you are not listening to your player base and then just disappear for an extended period of time with minimal to no response.

There is a community manager for a reason, use that role effectively.
Pretty spot on. I even offered myself for free to do the work as a go between for TW and the community. I have over 7k hours into the game, over 1200 videos on my channel and have covered it for 2 1/2 years. I said I would do it for free and even sign an NDA, but was just ignored. I bet I could drive up the hype and keep the player base much happier and that promotes sales as every player is potential free advertisement to their friends to buy the game. I tried my best to keep everyone informed on the beta branch for 18 months but when TW is silent on issues then I can't do anything but make videos showing bad bugs, crashes, issues and frankly, I don't want to do that. I want to bring you all excitement, hype and anticipation for new things not dwell on the bad

Idk if anyone from TW will see this but can you explain why my 27 year old companions are dying when i have death in battles turned off? It’s kind of annoying to build these companions up only for them to die before the age of 30.

FYI I test at day 225, which I think is early enough for people to buy them but the economy has stabilized for the early rare stock of goods. But that's my concern, no fix before introducing something new
Since you're the expert on the economy stuff, do you think that having an additional 3 years of economic simulation (iirc it's currently only 2 years of simulation, so it would be 5 years) before the start of the campaign would be better for the game?

Pretty spot on. I even offered myself for free to do the work as a go between for TW and the community. I have over 7k hours into the game, over 1200 videos on my channel and have covered it for 2 1/2 years. I said I would do it for free and even sign an NDA, but was just ignored. I bet I could drive up the hype and keep the player base much happier and that promotes sales as every player is potential free advertisement to their friends to buy the game. I tried my best to keep everyone informed on the beta branch for 18 months but when TW is silent on issues then I can't do anything but make videos showing bad bugs, crashes, issues and frankly, I don't want to do that. I want to bring you all excitement, hype and anticipation for new things not dwell on the bad

I'm not one to usually condone anyone to do work for free and was hoping you didn't mind me name dropping you there, alluding to such thing. But as it would be mutually beneficial for both parties, it seems like a no-brainer.

The hope for me was when I came back here was I would see the beginnings of Bannerlord becoming the new Skyrim or even GTA 5 in a sense. A strong stable base that I honestly would have thrown money at TW for a continuously developed game with relatively frequent DLCs for the next 10 years. I know now that's not going to be possible until they either sever ties with consoles, or have the consoles running a few patches behind PC.

In other terms, I use a software for work that works great for PC users, however MAC users are limited to what gets released in their platform and are usually a few updates behind, which works great as it doesn't hinder development of said software.

MAC users understand the limitations, they chose that platform after all and they can see what's coming down the line so they stick around.

Both PC users and MAC users happily pay a few hundred euro a year for this software, but if they were to handcuff themselves by beginning to level out the development to keep MAC users up to date with PC users, most would jump ship to a competitor.

Here what we have is everyone stuck in the sand, no one happy and no one knowing what's coming down the line - even the Devs, seeing as the majority of itemised tasks are bug fixes from the previous update, which wouldn't have been factored in until it was pushed (ex. that ****storm of the Xbox 1.1 that they had to revert back on last week).

I would have assumed this was a common sense approach for TW to take also.

Last edited:
I'm not one to usually condone anyone to do work for free and was hoping you didn't mind me name dropping you there, alluding to such thing. But as it would be mutually beneficial for both parties, it seems like a no-brainer.

The hope for me was when I came back here was I would see the beginnings of Bannerlord becoming the new Skyrim or even GTA 5 in a sense. A strong stable base that I honestly would have thrown money at TW for a continuously developed game with relatively frequent DLCs for the next 10 years. I know now that's not going to be possible until they either sever ties with consoles, or have the consoles running a few patches behind PC.

In other terms, I use a software for work that works great for PC users, however MAC users are limited to what gets released in their platform and are usually a few updates behind, which works great as it doesn't hinder development of said software.

MAC users understand the limitations, they chose that platform after all and they can see what's coming down the line so they stick around.

Both PC users and MAC users happily pay a few hundred euro a year for this software, but if they were to handcuff themselves by beginning to level out the development to keep MAC users up to date with PC users, most would jump ship to a competitor.

Here what we have is everyone stuck in the sand, no one happy and no one knowing what's coming down the line - even the Devs, seeing as the majority of itemised tasks are bug fixes from the previous update, which wouldn't have been factored in until it was pushed (ex. that ****storm of the Xbox 1.1 that they had to revert back on last week).

I think they want to keep things in house and worry if there could be issues, but if they looked at my channel, they would see the dedication to this game, what I have done and realize I only want the best. I could offer so much to help them with PR. Since we know their PR is almost non existent and communication with the community is nearly the same. I could achieve both for them at no cost. How can you turn that down. Sadly the people that make that decision will never see this and lose that opportunity.

Idk if anyone from TW will see this but can you explain why my 27 year old companions are dying when i have death in battles turned off? It’s kind of annoying to build these companions up only for them to die before the age of 30.
This is some bug to do with the mechanic (added in 1.10) to remove wanderers to make room for others. It is rare but possible for wanderer's in you clan or promoted to a clan leader, to "be lost from the game" and die for no reason. If you re-load a earlier save it can be avoided as it's just a chance each day, but eventually if you keep making clans, some are going to get disappeared and you won't notice ion time.
NOW IN STABLE VERSION 🙃

This is some bug to do with the mechanic (added in 1.10) to remove wanderers to make room for others. It is rare but possible for wanderer's in you clan or promoted to a clan leader, to "be lost from the game" and die for no reason. If you re-load a earlier save it can be avoided as it's just a chance each day, but eventually if you keep making clans, some are going to get disappeared and you won't notice ion time.
NOW IN STABLE VERSION 🙃
Thanks for answering! I’ve put close to 1000hrs in and never had it happen so I was a little confused.

Since you're the expert on the economy stuff, do you think that having an additional 3 years of economic simulation (iirc it's currently only 2 years of simulation, so it would be 5 years) before the start of the campaign would be better for the game?
I will gently suggest that you look again at what currently "happens". As of 1.0.3, observations of the marketplace loads, prices, and local price influences appear to be packaged preloads for all town markets. Might want to get TW's "economy Dev" in here for the current info.

I can't speak on behalf of all console players, but I've always gone into ports with lowered expectations. I know that it wasn't designed for my system and controller, so I understand that things might be a little clunky. I also understand that there will be things that may never be available such as mods and DLC. I've always been ok with that because I knew the limitations.

Perhaps it's the phrasing or the way I read it, but I don't think it's the consoles that are the primary problem. I do agree that it was overly ambitious to release both at once. I think the biggest issue is that it feels as if there wasn't any quality assurance testing. Each time something gets "fixed" we discover that something else breaks or the fix didn't really work.

The most frustrating part to me is that I can see how much potential the game has, but it's clearly not a finished product, and I don't think it will be for at least another year. I'm fine with waiting as long as it takes, but I hope there's no more two steps forward and two steps back each update.

I apologize for rambling.

thank you.
Since v1.1.1 was published, I chose it.
That solved it.
I thought there were 2 types, beta patch 1.1.0 and official patch v1.1.0.
I don't know the language, so it's hard to match.

Hi all, firstly want to say that before this update this game was the actual dogs dangleys, best game I have ever played and literally everything I’ve wanted in a game and was literally the only game I would play on repeat, have sunk so many hours into this game. Booked a whole week off work when it was released to console.

However since this update, this game is now unplayable and it sucks. To the point where it’s literally not even enjoyable anymore which is so gutting. Went from 100 to 0 literally overnight.

Firstly for me, the battles are just ridiculous now, in the sense that now even if I have 500 elite banner knights I can still get whooped off 300 foot men. And simulated battles are even worse I can literally lose whole armies to peasants like what has actually happened here? It was never like this before. What is the actual point in playing bannerlord if I know gonna lose half to most my troops in nearly every battle I engage in. It makes it even WORSE when the whole game is just 1000mph warfare. I set all my lords to defensive tactics yet tho just go on blitzkrieg mode and try and seige every single castle in their path relentlessly. So so sick of being constantly caught in a loop of trying to garrison a castle I didn’t want, having that castle then be seiged while my armies are seiging another castle I don’t want. Has no one ever heard of slow and steady wins the race. Disband the armies you say? Well I would if they didn’t just reform the actual second i disband them and carry on just being little s**** doing what they want.

Also this fog of war is just annoying, I like the idea in theory for those who like a challenge but we should have the option to toggle it on and off.

Weirdly I’ve had none of these corrupted save files that a lot of people have had, although it does crash usually every 20-30 mins after coming out of a city and it freezes, although I don’t feel to bitter about those as on a very old Xbox one.

Also that beard glitch is weird.

I do love this game but seriously needs some work put back in. Took a week off work for the update only to have my army decimated by peasants constantly and the game rendered pretty much unplayable. Not a fun week.

The hope for me was when I came back here was I would see the beginnings of Bannerlord becoming the new Skyrim or even GTA 5 in a sense
Mount & Blade has always been its own thing, though, since the first YouTube tech demos to today.

I don't know that the filthy masses can ride or die with TW lol
I have 500 elite banner knights I can still get whooped off 300 foot men
Let me see if I understand, you charged horsemen into a mass of pitchforks?

Last edited:
Mount & Blade has always been its own thing, though, since the first YouTube tech demos to today.

Lol yea and no was just making a point. Play the game on the easiest setting, usually run about with 200 banner knights 70-80 fian champions n some legionary’s and yet an army I outnumber with very average or poor troops are suddenly mauling me and I lose so many soldiers each time, even the simulated battles. Before the update it was nothing like this, and I wouldn’t be so bothered if like I said it was 1000mph warfare which I pretty much have no control over. Clearly something happened there in this patch which has made the game not fun for me at all. Won’t pretend im the best player out there but it’s ruined the game for me.

Lol yea and no was just making a point. Play the game on the easiest setting, usually run about with 200 banner knights 70-80 fian champions n some legionary’s and yet an army I outnumber with very average or poor troops are suddenly mauling me and I lose so many soldiers each time, even the simulated battles. Before the update it was nothing like this, and I wouldn’t be so bothered if like I said it was 1000mph warfare which I pretty much have no control over. Clearly something happened there in this patch which has made the game not fun for me at all. Won’t pretend im the best player out there but it’s ruined the game for me.
Wasn’t 100mph**

For real, do you mean 1.1.0, or the brand new 1.1.1?

1.1.0 has been fine, haven't played since 1.1.1 yet.
Mine is version 1.016.10 or something like that.

Not played the new update yet I’m scared to put all that graft in again just to get bodied as soon as I get a kingdom

Mine is version 1.016.10 or something like that.

Not played the new update yet I’m scared to put all that graft in again just to get bodied as soon as I get a kingdom
I wanted to make sure they hadn't further broken the AI in 1.1.1 before I told you to git gud.

Horsemen AI has a quirk. It works best if you have them in support of a line of infantry. If you don't have any infantry, the horsemen act out the role of 'Advance!' and you will get them trying to hold a line. Conversely, with a small amount of infantry, the horsemen will properly defend flanks and wait for a counterstrike charge when the infantry lines clash.

Once you have a few hundred, you either micro them and don't fight so you can keep track, or you maintain a balanced force so you can just F6 and do your own fighting.

I haven't noticed anything stopping this strategy for many updates. Don't throw expensive horsemen into a cheap meat grinder, it was never the TW intention.

I wanted to make sure they hadn't further broken the AI in 1.1.1 before I told you to git gud.

Horsemen AI has a quirk. It works best if you have them in support of a line of infantry. If you don't have any infantry, the horsemen act out the role of 'Advance!' and you will get them trying to hold a line. Conversely, with a small amount of infantry, the horsemen will properly defend flanks and wait for a counterstrike charge when the infantry lines clash.

Once you have a few hundred, you either micro them and don't fight so you can keep track, or you maintain a balanced force so you can just F6 and do your own fighting.

I haven't noticed anything stopping this strategy for many updates. Don't throw expensive horsemen into a cheap meat grinder, it was never the TW intention.
I see what you’re saying, I’m the not the best at the game I’ll admit it’s just went from my noob tactics only losing 10-30 men each battle to now hundreds after this update and I’ve not changed the way I’ve played.

Even simulated battles though I lose so many soldiers compared to before, I’m not the first person to have this though I’ve seen other threads of people saying the same. Just really hope it gets fixed I’m getting withdrawals

I see what you’re saying, I’m the not the best at the game I’ll admit it’s just went from my noob tactics only losing 10-30 men each battle to now hundreds after this update and I’ve not changed the way I’ve played.

Even simulated battles though I lose so many soldiers compared to before, I’m not the first person to have this though I’ve seen other threads of people saying the same. Just really hope it gets fixed I’m getting withdrawals
I get where you're coming from. I dont consider myself that good either and it's not as easy commanding troops , but last night I actually won a battle with my 900 troops (only 115 fian and no khan) to their 1500. Granted, I'm still no expert because after the battle I only had 32 troops that weren't dead or wounded.

I'd like to dedicate that victory to Flesson19 and Strat gaming. I never would have had a chance had it not been from watching their videos. Give them a watch. Flesson19 even has a channel specifically for guides that are in good bite sized bits.

Please fix auto resolve. Why am I losing defending sieges with a 200 men advantage. Why am I losing 60 men when it's a 350 vs 100 fight?? So broken and making it very unenjoyable at this point.

Back
Top Bottom