Patch Notes v1.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

No. I can confirm that all of the items you listed are being worked on though.

Right now, the priority is with responding to notable issues raised with 1.1.0 - especially the save-load issues that some users are experiencing. Some time after that I would expect the next beta release. Similarly, I would not expect the discussion of new content, be it DLC or otherwise, before the current goals (or the new content itself) are completed / closer to completion.

Depends on the trait, but traits in general have a broad application in the game ranging from NPC relationship generation over execution consequences to various decision making (voting (policies, war/peace, etc), sacking a city or not) etc.
When can we expect the patch for fixes for the bugs introduced in 1.1.0? Especially the relationship bug overflow

Depends on the trait, but traits in general have a broad application in the game ranging from NPC relationship generation over execution consequences to various decision making (voting (policies, war/peace, etc), sacking a city or not) etc.

I'm sure that's the aim. However just going on this short list from your post and from what I've seen about said items (happily be corrected):

Execution pisses everyone off, yet it's the only possible way to remove a kingdom from your game.

When you say NPC relationship, I'm guessing you mean there will be more added to the game on this. At the moment having a relationship/friendship with anyone doesn't do anything as I've stated before, there is no diplomacy. I can ask my lord who I have 100 relationship with to go spread a good word about me so I may have a better chance at the crown in the next election for example. Also freeing a lord gives you -2mill relationship atm and even at that it doesn't really affect anything. Saw you just say this will hopefully be fixed next week. Timeframes! Good! more of that pls.

All policies working now?

War/Peace? Only really war isn't there and it's not your decision even as king/queen, hence me questioning the diplomacy aspect of the game.

On paper what you said makes sense. Execution wise not so much. Are these elements you listed just placeholders atm and will be developed significantly further in an upcoming patch?

Last edited:
well **** can confirm this is happening.

seriolusly TW wtf...
I reported this bug when it was in BETA. No reactions... :\
The good thing about the bug is that the difficulty penalties also do not affect crafted weapons. :grin:
So a smith with 0 skills and 275+ skills can craft same quality weapons.
More than one reported this bug and TW responded that the fix will be in the next patch.
Before you report bugs you should search if they've been reported.

Last edited:
Execution pisses everyone off, yet it's the only possible way to remove a kingdom from your game.
That's a different problem (imo the issue is that "friends" (10+) relations get upset).
At least from what I gathered you wanted to know if traits do anything. (Executing dishonorable targets has lesser penalties.)

When you say NPC relationship, I'm guessing you mean there will be more added to the game on this. At the moment having a relationship/friendship with anyone doesn't do anything as I've stated before, there is no diplomacy.
Relations do quite a bit in the game. The challenge - to me - is a combination of things.
  • Players do not have detailed insight into the formula. (F.e. how much is the vote on this war affected by the relations between the kings... or between sponsor and voter?)
  • Relations are one of many factors and...
    • Relations are often not the most significant factor (with NPCs trying to be "rational") - still tipping the scales when things get close, but not easy to recognize across the board.
So in some sense, it's a balance matter.

In any case, tis is going off-topic :smile:

That's a different problem (imo the issue is that "friends" (10+) relations get upset).
At least from what I gathered you wanted to know if traits do anything.

Relations do many things in the game. The challenge - to me - a combination of things.
  • Players do not have detailed insight into the mechanics. (F.e. how much is the vote on this war affected by the relations between the kings... or between sponsor and voter?)
    • Relations are often not the most significant factor (with NPCs trying to be "rational")

Only mentioned those items because you listed them:

Back on topic then and to get to the point. TW needs to better their involvement with the community in order to bring people back on their side and into the forums. If not for Bannerlord, but for any products of TW in the future, including DLCs.

The brushing off on answering my questions about whether policies work and stating that because we don't know how the mechanics of decision making work kind of drives my point home about the communication level at this time. We don't care 'how' it works, we are saying it doesn't work well and is there going to be an improvement or not.

Last edited:
stating that because we don't know how the machines of decision making work kind of drives my point home about the communication
I think you misunderstood that. I am saying the problem of relations - to me - is that they can be a lesser factor among a number of variables, which makes it difficult to understand their impact - given that the game doesn't provide a break down to players.

If that or something else will be changed isn't a decision for me to make by myself, so it would be ill advised to make promises on it. Naturally, if you don't care to talk about the how, that is okay for me.

I think you misunderstood that. I am saying the problem of relations - to me - is that they can be a lesser factor among a number of variables, which makes it difficult to understand their impact - given that the game doesn't provide a break down to players.
In that case, why don't you open up a direct dialogue with some of your most prevalent members of the community such as Flesson19, Strat, Ananda or whoever about what they think should be done on this. They're the ones who make the videos of the game, who seem to understand it the most and more importantly who have the following who agrees with them when they say something works and doesn't work. From what I am seeing, they're as in the dark as the rest of us, yet they seem to be the only ones keeping the game alive on YouTube at least.

Is it intentional that if there’s a hideout nearby a town, all villages tied to the settlement spam “need help with brigands” quest in this new patch? It’s -5 to security for a town with 3 villages. That is quite harsh since AI almost never clears them out.

More than one reported this bug and TW responded that the fix will be in the next patch.
Before you report bugs you should search if they've been reported.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You TW apologetics are hilarious.

He shouldn't really need to check or post anything. That's not our job specially since the game is out of beta supposedly.

But this is great news. Now I'm looking forward to spending another hour or two collecting the resources and crafting my legendary weapons again next patch. And testing it afterwards of course and then searching if it has already been reported should the fix fail. Finally posting the issue. What fun!

Inappropriate behavior

If that or something else will be changed isn't a decision for me to make by myself, so it would be ill advised to make promises on it. Naturally, if you don't care to talk about the how, that is okay for me.

It took you a decade to make the game worse with some minor QoL improvements. A decade, and thanks for -snip- on MP servers even more so with your last blunder of a patch to add in....female animation changes??? Not changing the 1h animations? But some god awful 1st year student's animations for a more 'feminine' walk?
I tell everyone that listens not to download this game, my friends on xbox were going to play it on gamepass but I convinced them not to.
A DECADE FOR WHAT?
Taleworlds legacy will forever be how they took over a decade to produce a sequel that is leaps and bounds worse than its predecessors. -snip-

Last edited by a moderator:
You TW apologetics are hilarious.
If you check my post history you wouldn't say that.
Check before report is good for both sides. You want the bug fixed then don't waste devs' time repeating reading the same bug report.
I just wanted to tell you that that bug will be fixed in the next patch. I didn't try to stop you from complaining. I complain a lot anyway. But if you want to complain you'd better base on the fact.

Check before report is good for both sides. You want the bug fixed then don't waste devs' time repeating reading the same bug report.
I just wanted to tell you that that bug will be fixed in the next patch. I didn't try to stop you from complaining. I complain a lot anyway. But if you want to complain you'd better base on the fact.
Well we're waiting 3 years now on the MP fix so uh maybe they do need a constant reminder for their busted game? Maybe.

Personally, I hope that the relationship one can be fixed next week. We will probably push something for a save-load issue first though.
I hate to say it bit 1.1.0 is a disaster. I thought of doing a beta branch update video to show the problems but honestly I think it would be 15 minutes long. I don't think most of you know all the issues with it. Workshops are still not fixed making half and are still double the price. I keep getting reports almost daily of new issues. The sad thing is I really want to try is as having battles orders fixed(But not assisting the AI its broke) and the improved sieges excite me, but there are so many issues its crazy. You guys still havent adjusted defection, when you fixed it you went overboard and now no one defects. I know it's not on you and not saying it is but we don't have anyone to get answers from and it gets frustrating as we love the game but 1.1.0 is so bad and shocked it was pushed to live. With how many bad issues it has and I would be more than happy to make a "huge" list, to push it to live I assume for console people was a bad move on TW's part so push a bad beta branch patch to live when there are 10-15 horrible issues. Like I said, not on you Duh, I appreciate the communication but its frustrating. I want my workshops back pretty please. Fix them so they make money and cut their price in half or back to pre 1.0 pretty pretty pretty please

@Dejan @Duh_TaleWorlds

A perfect example (and not the only one) of why TW needs to start communicating what they are working on.

See most recent and relevant example I can find for you:

In a way it's a similar situation. KSP2 is a ****storm rn, but right now they are managing their player base correctly by providing them information as to what is being worked on and what bugs are being addressed. This allows all players from all platforms to easily share this information, rather then them having to thrall through the bug report page of a specific, janky website.

Right now it TW release a patch which degrades the game further because you are not listening to your player base and then just disappear for an extended period of time with minimal to no response.

There is a community manager for a reason, use that role effectively.

cI bought the game last month and I already regret it, but I hope it improves mainly in cheats for those who like to play in a different way. From what I understand the game is still in beta?

cI bought the game last month and I already regret it, but I hope it improves mainly in cheats for those who like to play in a different way. From what I understand the game is still in beta?

for all intents and purposes, and after 12 years, yes.

welcome to the QA team. make yourself at home.

At least from what I gathered you wanted to know if traits do anything. (Executing dishonorable targets has lesser penalties.)

Relations do quite a bit in the game. The challenge - to me - is a combination of things.
  • Players do not have detailed insight into the formula. (F.e. how much is the vote on this war affected by the relations between the kings... or between sponsor and voter?)
    • Relations are often not the most significant factor (with NPCs trying to be "rational") - still tipping the scales when things get close, but not easy to recognize across the board.

Will there be a plan to provide this info (via encyclopedia for game-tips/info) and have it fleshed out? Some games, the joy of discovering hidden depth features work, but for this type of game (and recent feature track record), just give it to us in straight data/point form so we know if it is an intentional thing, missing, not applicable, or whatnot.

I don't need the specific formulas but it feels like it's intentionally vague because there's no actual mechanic behind it or fear of further scrutiny whether said feature works as intended.

A simple 'A/B/C traits' affects J/K/L decisions or X/Y/Z relations.
Then maybe a quick note on how one gains/loses A/B/C traits and if that applies to nobles too.

I know you are passionate about workshops, but 1.1.0 didn't introduce this particular change. Having said that, I believe the next larger update will have an interesting adjustment for them.
Oh, are we finally getting some updates on the trade side of the game? Intriguing. I suppose, it is a secret to unveil what's it gonna be for now?

Back
Top Bottom