Patch Notes v1.0.2

Users who are viewing this thread

fe0bf48726beb54aec85acddb20afd576681847b.png

v1.0.2​

Latest Changes:​

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when an agent dropped its weapons upon death.
  • Fixed a combat-related crash.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when peace was made during a siege.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when switching menus during an encounter.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred due to a bugged map event where one side had no party.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred during the sergeant score calculation when clanless bandit heroes participated in battles.

Fixes
  • Fixed the incorrect criteria for unlocking the Entrepreneur, Explorer and Supreme Emperor achievements.
  • Fixed a session bug that caused achievement unlocks to not be processed.
  • Fixed a bug that caused attackers in sieges to loop between the remaining defenders and the initial conquered wall section without attacking anyone.

Multiplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a server crash related to objective and kill rewards.

Fixes
  • Reduced the time needed to join a crowded server.

Initial Beta Changelog:​

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when ending a conversation.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when a player encountered a party that was very close to a settlement's gate.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred if the main hero became a prisoner while a clan member was solving an issue.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred on the encyclopedia screen due to a GPU memory-related issue.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when an agent was killed while it was switching weapons.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred during the lord's keep battle when troops spawned in.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred during the AI opponent’s turn in Tablut.

• Fixed minor text and translation-related bugs.

Art
  • Added a new town scene (Sanala).

Animations
  • Improved conversation animations with lords and notables. That includes male and female poses, more alternatives for different moods and improved facial animations.
  • Improved lip synchronization face shapes, resulting in a better match between voice and facial animations.

Campaign Map
  • Fixed a bug that prevented some settlements from being accessible with the gamepad.

UI
  • Fixed a bug that caused the marriage offer notification to disappear.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the scoreboard to stay visible even when no longer relevant.
  • Fixed a bug that caused B/Circle controller buttons to not work consistently in game menus after sneaking inside towns.
  • Fixed a bug that caused LB/L1 and RB/R1 controller buttons to switch tabs in the clan screen while the "create a party" popup was open.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the game from pausing when losing focus during a loading screen.

Battles and Sieges
  • Fixed a bug that prevented some lances with banners from being couched.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the equipment control view from being displayed during keep battles.
  • Fixed a bug that altered the menu text when attacked while raiding a village.

Armies
  • Fixed a bug that allowed for infinite influence to be gained by donating troops to companion parties within the same army.

Kingdoms and Diplomacy
  • Adjusted the war desire calculations of factions to better match the expected war durations.

Quests & Issues
  • Fixed a bug that caused the Family Feud quest dialogue to be stuck in a loop.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the completed main storyline quests from being displayed in the quest log.

Other
  • Fixed a bug that caused Vlandian Vanguard troops to spawn without shields.
  • Assigned names to the battle terrains used in Custom Battle.

Multiplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a server crash that occurred when an agent passed out of the map boundary.

Other - Miscellaneous
  • Dedicated Custom Server Helper Changes
    • Made the helper module a “MultiplayerOptional” module to allow servers and clients to enable it freely without hindering the ability to join servers.
    • Added the ability to re-download existing maps.
    • Added a warning marker to easily see which existing scenes may not be compatible with their server counterpart.
    • The helper module now opens the “Download Panel” menu automatically if the scene compatibility check fails for a helper module-enabled server.
    • Strengthened and modified the helper web panel authentication to invalidate existing credentials when the AdminPassword is changed.
  • Added client-side checks that prevent players from joining servers for which they do not have a compatible scene file.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the player from joining password-protected servers due to the server selection disappearing.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed for map downloading with no maps selected on the “Download Panel” menu.

Server & Network
  • Fixed a bug that caused custom game invites to be ignored when the player was in the queue.

UI
  • Fixed a bug that caused the “Open Download Panel” menu item to be listed even for servers without the helper module loaded.

Both​

UI
  • Updated the Voice Language option tab description and removed the Voice Language option from multiplayer options.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented item visuals from being shown until the mouse hovered over the item.

Performance
  • Optimised memory usage.

Other
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the “Ride it Like You Stole It” and “SwordBearer” achievements from being unlocked.
  • Fixed a bug that caused dust particles to be stretched across the screen.

Modding​

• Added a new module category "MultiplayerOptional" for tool-oriented modules. Servers and clients will by default be compatible if their mismatching modules are limited to optional ones.
  • Added a new launch argument for server hosts to disable optional modules on their server (dedicatedcustomserverDontAllowOptionalModules).
  • Modified the xscene file format to optionally allow for versioning of scene files which grants more reliability when checking client-server compatibility. The new attributes are supported on the scene editor options.
  • Fixed a bug that caused non-official modules to have their unspecified 4th version segment default to values incompatible between server and client.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred on launcher start if the launcher couldn't find a module's SubModule.xml file.
  • Fixed a bug that caused a MpClassDivisions.xml merging issue, when the new XML had conditional effects.

I mean, like why?

Why are you pushing out these tiny hotfixes randomly every few weeks without any notice?

Why can't you just wrap it all up in a larger, actual game patch and let us know that there would be a patch in December or January or February, something broad. If the patch is delayed, just say it's going to be delayed. Don't come back and say "we made that mistake in the past so we don't announce things anymore". Grow up, thats not an excuse.

You just keeping ****ing up the game with these hotfixes and create more work for yourself. You are ruining your reputation with modders by treating the game like its still in EA, when the game is in fact, fully released.

Is your goal to piss off the modding community so much that they all just leave for good?

This isn't the "collaboration" you had plastered to the media and what was on the steam page. The only collaboration is us reporting bugs and crashes. Be a normal company FFS and stop using players as your QA monkeys.

First, as a console players, modding is unimportant to me. Just stating. Second, it's there game and they chose to release it how they want. Right? Thirdly, patches and hotfixes are their legal right as well as contractual agreements with all companies agreed to sell the game. Fourth, since there is ONE version of the vanilla game, it must work (close to) the same on all platforms. Legally speaking. Fifth, if modders are that bent out of shape over bugs and patches released after the first few months of official release, they obviously need to gain a bit of patience. Sixth, if a modder is serious about a game, they know that this is coming because they do this themselves too. Seventh, you don't have to update on PC, on console we do for the most part. Eighth, this is how it's going to be for a few years probably. Vanilla campaigns/ vanilla multiplayer are gonna have to be bread and butter for awhile. Then when expansions/dlc/patches are done will the game be fleshed out enough for good modded campaigns

Yep. Even when rolling back to 1.0.1, it crashes at the start of any battle. It's telling me that Harmony and RMB are the issues.

This save is done, I'm afraid.
Harmony is inocente, the culprit is RBM but the guys already patched it and its OK now, there another issue in barter with gangs, and that's the harmony fault, but it's playable.

No mention of the "Slice and Dice" trophy on Playstation. The fact that it's not that hard to do a chain combo and kill a soldier yet the trophy has like a 0.1% earned rate goes to show something is wrong.

Harmony is inocente, the culprit is RBM but the guys already patched it and its OK now, there another issue in barter with gangs, and that's the harmony fault, but it's playable.
Harmony is just a tool for modders and doesn't know what Bannerlord is. If a stacktrace references Harmony that doesn't mean it's its fault (similarly, a mod can make the game crash and not appear in the stacktrace at all).
Please don't bother Harmony's author for what's happening in your game, I mean the dude may not even know the game.

Okay bye then.

I don't even know why on a patch notes thread everyone is crying about mods, to begin with. Every single time. Meanwhile someone has pointed out a major change in how the IA manages wars but of course who cares ? From time to time it would be nice to have a thread in which we can discuss in-topic without scrolling pages of frustation about mods.

I don't even know why on a patch notes thread everyone is crying about mods, to begin with. Every single time. Meanwhile someone has pointed out a major change in how the IA manages wars but of course who cares ? From time to time it would be nice to have a thread in which we can discuss in-topic without scrolling pages of frustation about mods.

Mate, don't talk nonsense. There are an infinite number of threads you can read that don't talk about mods or have more focus on the vanilla game. Go start a thread and talk about the AI changes if you want, I'm sure it won't get much traction because, well, it's not that significant and frankly is still broken.

Modding in Bannerlord is one of TW and the customer's main focus of the game. It was the reason fo their huge success with previous releases. It's why we have Bannerlord today. They built Bannerlord around the capability of being able to mod it. That is why people are pissed about the mods constantly being broken every hotfix. There is no TW as your see today without modders. Most of the mods people use aren't total conversation mods, they're mods that fix the broken mechanics or put in the missing features of the game. So when TW come along with a hotfix no one knew was coming, with bug fixes for bugs that were brought in from the previous hotfix, you can surely understand why mods are talked about so often.

They had a leg to stand on during EA saying the game isn't stable enough for mods, but it's post release and modders are not going to come back to the game until TW stop being reckless with their patches etc.

TW aren't going to send you a PM, thanking you for white knighting them. They aren't going to reward you for your bravery. They sold us a half-assed game that is still broken. We have been here long enough to know they aren't competent and the current process of development is shocking. Most people still left here are able to help them with that development because they know it's potential, but they would rather cut all communication and continue breaking the game over and over until the people who enjoy a single player experience go the same way the multipayers went.

Last edited:
Do you know what else made a major change to how the AI manages war? The mods Banner Kings and Diplomacy, infact I have a total of 11 mods currently installed that make Bannerlord into the game that was originally promised by TaleWorlds, it would be 12 but Diplomacy doesn't work at the moment but it's features are being added into Banner Kings so it's obsolete anyway.

Essentially what i'm saying is modders had already fixed these bugs that TaleWorlds have apparently fixed while also adding in the features that TaleWorlds had promised us when they announced this game. Every single time TaleWorlds releases an update they seem to create more bugs which the modders then fix and then TaleWorlds end up fixing them in the base game which breaks the mods because they had been coded to work around the bugs.

Mate, don't talk nonsense. There are an infinite number of threads you can read that don't talk about mods or have more focus on the vanilla game. Go start a thread and talk about the AI changes if you want, I'm sure it won't get much traction because, well, it's not that significant and frankly is still broken.

Modding in Bannerlord is one of TW and the customer's main focus of the game. It was the reason fo their huge success with previous releases. It's why we have Bannerlord today. They built Bannerlord around the capability of being able to mod it. That is why people are pissed about the mods constantly being broken every hotfix. There is no TW as your see today without modders. Most of the mods people use aren't total conversation mods, they're mods that fix the broken mechanics or put in the missing features of the game. So when TW come along with a hotfix no one knew was coming, with bug fixes for bugs that were brought in from the previous hotfix, you can surely understand why mods are talked about so often.

They had a leg to stand on during EA saying the game isn't stable enough for mods, but it's post release and modders are not going to come back to the game until TW stop being reckless with their patches etc.

TW aren't going to send you a PM, thanking you for white knighting them. They aren't going to reward you for your bravery. They sold us a half-assed game that is still broken. We have been here long enough to know they aren't competent and the current process of development is shocking. Most people still left here are able to help them with that development because they know it's potential, but they would rather cut all communication and continue breaking the game over and over until the people who enjoy a single player experience go the same way the multipayers went.

So they shouldn't patch the game because mods. Brilliant. It's not uncommon to have problems with third party "software" after a patch, that's why even modders update and patch mods. Just wait for a mod-fix by the author and use mods at your own risk: it's a disclaimer that every mod-fan should known very well. That's especially true for a game which was released a month ago, not years.

So they shouldn't patch the game because mods. Brilliant. It's not uncommon to have problems with third party "software" after a patch, that's why even modders update and patch mods. Just wait for a mod-fix by the author and use mods at your own risk: it's a disclaimer that every mod-fan should known very well. That's especially true for a game which was released a month ago, not years.

Look, if you're not going to read my post and just rebuttal with the exact same dribble you posted originally, then there's no point continuing. Im not going to repeat myself. Now gone git

inline_image_preview.jpg

So the infinite influence bug is fixed, but now I can't talk to my family member-led parties in my army or manage their parties troops at all. Not so much as a fix as it was a gut the whole feature entirely. All they had to do was remove the donate troops option for parties within the player clan, but instead I now can't even talk to my own brother or give him troops better than recruits.

So the infinite influence bug is fixed
You can still get infinite influence.

I can't talk to my family member-led parties in my army or manage their parties troops at all
This maybe a bug, you should be able to inspect their troops still, however it's picky about where you are, if you at a fief you must talk to them form npc bar in the fief UI (tavern, keep....thing) to have the option. If not at a fief you can click the portrait on the army bar to do it.

This maybe a bug, you should be able to inspect their troops still, however it's picky about where you are, if you at a fief you must talk to them form npc bar in the fief UI (tavern, keep....thing) to have the option. If not at a fief you can click the portrait on the army bar to do it.

Interesting, I think there's a bug here, bc now that I have other parties in my army I can donate and talk to him while on the campaign map and not in a settlement, but when it was just his party and mine in the army I couldn't do either.

Interesting, I think there's a bug here, bc now that I have other parties in my army I can donate and talk to him while on the campaign map and not in a settlement, but when it was just his party and mine in the army I couldn't do either.
There probably is, I think I didn't have the option available one time too, but I'm not sure when. I know it's been available since though.

Bruh. TW just pull the game and stop pissing on fires at this point 🤣

Back
Top Bottom