Patch Notes v1.0.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Dear Lord save us from Influence and raise money back to the top. Money doesn't stink. Influence does.

@Dejan
One of moderators ("Global moderator") mentioned DLCs - are you planning to release DLCs for Bannerlord?

@Dejan
One of moderators ("Global moderator") mentioned DLCs - are you planning to release DLCs for Bannerlord?
To address the elephant in the room, and some of the questions that came with it, we are certainly also open to DLCs as they are a great way to provide you with additional content that does not fit into the base game’s scope. Having said that, it will be some time before we release any DLC, it will be a gradual shift in development and it will not be mutually exclusive as the base game will also continue to receive updates.

As a testament to that - there is no particular DLC that we want to announce right now. However, we are observing and discussing many of the topics that you are passionate about.

'certainly also open/will be some time/gradual shift/no particular DLC in mind/observing and discussing' very firm statement, especially with how 'open' it was during EA with these same phrases then.

Thanks Taleworlds good to see the updates coming on consoles, so far the experience keeps getting better and better. Looking forward to your future updates and DLC. You guys are killing it in my books.
Some things I think everyone wants:
-Console commands on consoles
-Mods (you will never escape this convo while on consoles , maybe you can add features through DLC)

I think these additions would appeal to the most players.

Does anyone find battle performance worse than on 1.8? Lagging when reinforcements arrive, awful random lagging in the middle of battles, even small battles. On 1.8 I could have all performance settings on the maximum and everything was completely smooth. I want to say it's like a memory leak issue but idk

It's a game issue; it only started happening to me as well as others since 1.9 or the release update.
this problem exists since patch 1.7.2 with the massive patch that added auto follow and the ranking system. The ranking system was and still is extremely gameable when it worked, you can send everybody to lobby if you don't like your team. This pissed off the casuals that just wanted to play.

The leash killed cav more than the previous tries to stop rambo by making it nearly impossible. This pissed off the try-harders and caused an adapt-or-leave mentality. It was also impossible to party up with more than 3 players. Because people were willing to wait 5 mins but not 30. Before the ranking patch it was possible to find a game and play around for a while until there are enough players. Now its 6v6 or 5v5 and wait in the lobby in the meantime without warming up.

Ranks makes the game overall more toxic because you actually got something to lose.
This encourages toxic behavior to the point of do this or we lose and we will blame you for everything. Which pisses off the newcomers and they won't come back. Overall, pissing off everybody and killing the stream of all the newcomers isn't good for a player base.

The leash and ranking were both on the same patch remind you if added one thing so the meta could adapt with it before adding ranking and fixed that after. The player base would not be strangled to the point of extinction like today. Today, multiplayer exists on a small scale on custom servers, like 5 matches at a time for a certain game mode. Dedicated captain clans are in a tight spot right now, facing extinction or temporary leave. Skirm players have to use discord, agreed time spots and pickups to play the game. Modded custom servers like massive battle events are doing decent but its kinda hard to get acquainted to the community if the massive find game button isn't working.

Ranking and leash has put mp into a straight death spiral making mp only possible on custom games instead of just clicking the good old find game button.

So after about ten hours i found the tweaks on IA behaviour regarding war/peace pretty interesting. It seems wars last much longer, opening some challenging scenario in resource management, the IA now don't ask immediatly for peace, it's a bit more resilient but still call for a break if it starts to struggle. In my last war campaign i literally drain half of my influence, to the point i was thinking about disband my army. Probably in my next war i'ill play a support-role only, maybe joining some IA army or chasing some small rabid dogs pack. Which is nice from time to time.

Nice you guys broke all mods again. Fantastic work! Another campaign down the drain. There is no point even starting a new campaign anymore. Way to go guys, you did it. You killed your own game.
You know what you signed up for when you downloaded mods on a game that is getting regular updates.

this version is unplayable, I had to downgrade because of the amount of lag that gave me in the 1.0.2, I hope that in future versions improve that for the moment I stay in the 1.0.1

Back
Top Bottom