Patch Notes e1.8.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that caused clans without settlements to over-value the worth of settlements during vassal defection calculations.
  • Fixed a bug that caused AI parties to hoard items causing them to slow down significantly due to overburdened and herding penalties.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the player's captain perks from being applied to the player's assigned formation during field and village battles.
  • Fixed a bug that caused cavalry AI to miss their targets when using melee weapons.

Changes
  • If a player clan-owned settlement's prison exceeds the prisoner size limit, the excess amount of prisoners will be sold to a ransom broker. The prisoners that will be sold are selected from the lowest tier troops with all proceeds going to the settlement. This only applies to non-hero prisoners.
Nice. I particularly like that change, thanks for starting with the lower tier prisoners first.

Looking forward to shaking out how the Cataphracts perform - I think that should be your guys' benchmark as the Kontos is hard as **** to use and they often swap to their Paramerions which are shorter than they should be and miss a lot too. Two lame duck weapon systems on one troop lol.

ok details, clan parties leader still get no roguery exp as they dont sell prisoners but still donate them. I can see no additional profit from the sale of prisoners, tested 3 times and with almost 1k prisoners in dungeon I could see no daily profit increase thoughts? @Dejan
It's simple, clan parties sell prisoners for money and roguery, Ai lords are donated to the dungeon. Any excess of the 40 prisoner limit(Which should seriously be increased with a town project) should be sold and given to the owner. Is that not a good system?
So our clan parties are donating prisoners to dungeons and get no money, the fief sells them as we get no money.
Working As Intended™ ??

Last edited:
I just finished testing and releasing my video so here are my thoughts, the defection bug and slow parties appear to be fixed, captain perks I havent tested enough to know for sure, so I take that as great news. The selling of prisoner sucks. The prisoner only holds 40 and I didnt see a real increase to my profits its like what the patch notes said, the settlement is getting the money, not the owner is that true? Also that doesnt help with clan party leaders selling prisoners to get roguery since they will donate, why was that changed in 1.8 and not fixed in 1.8.1
Is it just me or are new wanderers now spawning?? I've force retired most of the wanderers in my playthrough thinking that I might have hit the max number of wanderers, but in my test there still aren't any new ones popping up.

Are cav actually capable of a swinging/thrusting their weapons before passing the targets now?

While Cav AI is still not great, I can confirm that it has got a huge improvement.

Cavalry is now pretty deadly because AI is now decent (not great though) and cavalry stats are pretty damn good.

While Cav AI is still not great, I can confirm that it has got a huge improvement.

Cavalry is now pretty deadly because AI is now decent (not great though) and cavalry stats are pretty damn good.
I'll take it. Crazy to think it took until a month before full release for them to kind of fix cav in any way

Is it just me or are new wanderers now spawning?? I've force retired most of the wanderers in my playthrough thinking that I might have hit the max number of wanderers, but in my test there still aren't any new ones popping up.
I advanced the game head 300 days and didnt get 1, it appears you are correct

test #2 different game, fresh 1.8.1 now and advanced 400 days, 34 wanderers at the start, took 6 and dismissed them and still 34 after the 400 days. I made a bug report

Are cav actually capable of a swinging/thrusting their weapons before passing the targets now?
I am seeing a big improvement. before my ~60 banner knights would kill zero targets when charging looters. I just tried it again and they killed almost all of them in one pass.

Hello, did you have plans to adjust and polish the upgrade preference mechanism introduced in 1.8.0 ? the current state of this new design just make every lord party become ridiculous. for example, if an empire lord prefer "empire legionary" then almost every single "empire recruit " in this Lord's party will upgrade toward "empire legionary". that's strange and truly downgrade my battle experience. I think "prefer a troop" doesn't mean "every single recruit should upgrade toward this type of troop" maybe 50% is more reasonable. or you can expand it with a priority system and generate priority for each upgrade paths instead of choose only one prefer troop.

@Callum @Dejan

Is this a beta 1.8.1 or a "stable" 1.8.1?
If I want to play the previous "stable" version, ie 1.8.0 because (as @MostBlunted stated) I would like to stay with the version for which the Mods have been updated, do I just revert to the beta 1.8.0 in the game properties?
Is the beta 1.8.0 the same as the "stable" 1.8.0?

This whole beta vs "stable" thing gets me all confused!

Thank you

PS: when you explain it to me, talk loud and slow so I can understand

The consistent Multiplayer crashes remain unfixed. If this really does persist into the release Multiplayer will never recover in my opinion. Not many of the new players buying the game and trying multiplayer at release will keep playing. @Dejan @Callum

You really give us THIS patch 4 weeks before the release? We already have mods that haved fixed YOUR bugs weeks ago.

Pathetic!

I´ll pass and keep playing 1.8.0 with working mods that expand YOUR game to make it kind of enjoyable after the mid game.

Nice for MP players though...
There was a mod that fixed the cavalry bug?

The patch notes say that cavalry targeting is fixed, but Vlandian Champions still seem to be pretty horribly incompetent with their lances.

Edit: And Cataphracts aren't great either.

Last edited:
I advanced the game head 300 days and didnt get 1, it appears you are correct
Hey Flesson, thanks for testing this.
My god, this is a game breaker. Now that we can promote wanderers into lords, if no new ones pop up, eventually there wont be anyone to promote. How did this go under the radar?

@Dejan RBM team said u guys fixed the face huging AI, but you guys forgot to include in the patch notes, that is a big one, should be there for sure
I can confirm this. Two-handed units are now trying to keep some distance to
The patch notes say that cavalry targeting is fixed, but Vlandian Champions still seem to be pretty horribly incompetent with their lances.

Edit: And Cataphracts aren't great either.
While AI still miss several hits, cavalry units are performing pretty good after the fix IMO.

I am running 21 mods including dependencies and CEK and all are working fine, RBM and/or BK could be a problem
Bannerking is probably a culprit in my mod list. And I have only very few running. Crashing the game usually when I am near big battles. Extended bug report window says smtg about dumping storage party smtg. It might be connected with the AI party food overload fix. While the cavalry stick poking is a visible improvement, it is not worth for me to stay on 1.8.1. Will revert back to 1.8.0 for now🤷🏻‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom