Patch Notes e1.8.1

Users who are viewing this thread

patchnotes_e181.png

e1.8.1​

Latest Changes:​

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when starting the game launcher.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when the player died during corporal punishment.

Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that caused clans without settlements to over-value the worth of settlements during vassal defection calculations.
  • Fixed a bug that caused AI parties to hoard items causing them to slow down significantly due to overburdened and herding penalties.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the player's captain perks from being applied to the player's assigned formation during field and village battles.
  • Fixed a bug that caused cavalry AI to miss their targets when using melee weapons.

Changes
  • If a player clan-owned settlement's prison exceeds the prisoner size limit, the excess amount of prisoners will be sold to a ransom broker. The prisoners that will be sold are selected from the lowest tier troops with all proceeds going to the settlement. This only applies to non-hero prisoners.

Multiplayer​

Fixes
  • Improved and optimised the lobby server and custom server list performance.
  • Improved the ranked leaderboard loading speed.
  • Fixed a bug that caused some ranks to be displayed incorrectly.
  • Fixed the “Is Official” filter typo on the server browser.

Changes
  • Enabled custom server support:

Custom servers can be used to set up your own multiplayer games, host events, have fun with your clan or just mess around with your friends on your own terms. Once installed and hosted, they appear on our in-game server list where anyone can then join the server and play. Currently, the custom server files are only available through Steam.

You can access more information on how to host your own custom server from the new in-game menu tab or by following the links below:

Known Issues
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/known-issues.401168/

wasn't 1.8.0 released back in JUNE??

lol and you plan to release this game with 400+ known bugs some of which are pretty gamebreaking in a months time?

@Callum @Dejan
If its a modded server, does everyone have to download the mod or does the modded files work through the server?
If there are changes that are required on the client-side, then the player has to download the mod through an external method.

If we're talking just about a new scene, created purely out of native prefabs with no modifications, then the player can download the scene through the server browser (with the Dedicated Custom Server Helper enabled).

You really give us THIS patch 4 weeks before the release? We already have mods that haved fixed YOUR bugs weeks ago.

Pathetic!

I´ll pass and keep playing 1.8.0 with working mods that expand YOUR game to make it kind of enjoyable after the mid game.

Nice for MP players though...
I have 40+ plus mods and suprisingly this update didn't break any of it LoL :smile:

I have 40+ plus mods and suprisingly this update didn't break any of it LoL :smile:
Really? Which ones? I only have like 10 (2 major bug fixes mods, that should be fixed with this "update")?

A screenshot of your mod launcher would be much appreciated.

There are so many "mods" (read stuff that should be in vanilla) that I´d like to try but I can´t afford to invest 4h a day to try which mod combination is working.

Do the servers still crash every couple of maps?
I know its only been 3 years since that bug cropped up but was hoping you'd fix it. 🤧

Really? Which ones? I only have like 10 (2 major bug fixes mods, that should be fixed with this "update")?

There are so many "mods" (read stuff that should be in vanilla) that I´d like to try but I can´t afford to invest 4h a day to try which mod combination is working.
But this guy can afford 4 hours a day thread bashing the devs..

Nice work devs! I look forward to MP custom servers being fleshed out over the next few months.

Here you go: Mods

Wait for the confirmation from the players, often enough TW claimed that issue X is fixed but it wasn´t....
Haven't checked the code yet but I assume this means the one line bug related to faction middle settlement. Defection logic rework/improvement will probably come later.

• Fixed a bug that caused clans without settlements to over-value the worth of settlements during vassal defection calculations.
  • Fixed a bug that caused AI parties to hoard items causing them to slow down significantly due to overburdened and herding penalties.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the player's captain perks from being applied to the player's assigned formation during field and village battles.
  • Fixed a bug that caused cavalry AI to miss their targets when using melee weapons.
thanks! these were urgently needed! i have concerns about this one though:
  • If a player clan-owned settlement's prison exceeds the prisoner size limit, the excess amount of prisoners will be sold to a ransom broker. The prisoners that will be sold are selected from the lowest tier troops with all proceeds going to the settlement. This only applies to non-hero prisoners.
why limit this to only settlements belonging to the player? they're the settlements that need this the least because you have full control of the dungeon and are able to clean it out. the problem is with settlements that dont belong to you.

there are a couple issues with dungeons in general, for example the dungeon capacity does not apply to the AI, they just dump everything in there and ignore the ransom broker.

I just finished testing and releasing my video so here are my thoughts, the defection bug and slow parties appear to be fixed, captain perks I havent tested enough to know for sure, so I take that as great news. The selling of prisoner sucks. The prisoner only holds 40 and I didnt see a real increase to my profits its like what the patch notes said, the settlement is getting the money, not the owner is that true? Also that doesnt help with clan party leaders selling prisoners to get roguery since they will donate, why was that changed in 1.8 and not fixed in 1.8.1

The selling of prisoner sucks. The prisoner only holds 40 and I didnt see a real increase to my profits its like what the patch notes said, the settlement is getting the money, not the owner is that true? Also that doesnt help with clan party leaders selling prisoners to get roguery since they will donate, why was that changed in 1.8 and not fixed in 1.8.1
Just details!

:iamamoron:

Back
Top Bottom