Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

@Dejan Any word on the next beta patch? It's been a while since the last one, is it coming or there wont be one and the next patch is the release? 😁

the defection issue is their "Top Priority" and it's "Only" been 2 months working on, I am sure they will have it done by full release in less than 6 weeks, also captain perks, caravan disbanding crashes, perks and policies not working, siege Ai pathing still bad, parties hoarding tons of food. All minor issues that are great for a "Live" branch I am sure will get done in less than 6 weeks. Don't want to lose those console sales

the defection issue is their "Top Priority" and it's "Only" been 2 months working on, I am sure they will have it done by full release in less than 6 weeks, also captain perks, caravan disbanding crashes, perks and policies not working, siege Ai pathing still bad, parties hoarding tons of food. All minor issues that are great for a "Live" branch I am sure will get done in less than 6 weeks. Don't want to lose those console sales
Jezz, is it that bad ? I haven't played in like 6 months so I don't really know how the game is rn. What about armors, did they fix it or still feel like I'm just wearing a silk shirt?
Gamescom videos and the release trailer looks good at least, the little "banner" flags on spears and looks like troops stopped "clipping" and bumping in eachother.

We will strive to achieve a common update schedule for both PC and consoles and that includes the release versions.

If you're referring to content differences between different platforms, the essential parts of the game are the same across different platforms, however, the console version does not support modding. Additionally, the battle size varies depending on which console you're playing the game.
Thank you Dejan, quite clear (y)

I hope they're not actually wanting defections to make the game take longer and just trying to pic at the daily random lol % for it. TW, we will just mod any dum stuff like that out, please add content, all padding will be removed.

imagine if they had to upload a new patch for every issue they solved, would be hell for modders, having patches every two weeks.

the issue is probably fixed already, just be patient

What about armors, did they fix it or still feel like I'm just wearing a silk shirt?
They fixed it for melee blunt/cut damage, but not ranged damage.

You still die in 4-5 arrows.

These arrows may as well be depleted uranium armor piercing bullets.

Seems legit :iamamoron:

the battle size varies depending on which console you're playing the game.
Any chance to increase the battlesize to 2000? It's vital due to the poor reinforcement system. And for the people who have good hardwares it's such a waste to limit the battlesize to 1000. For others, it's their freedom to turn down the battlesize.

I never know what TW is thinking.
Nobody does.
But at least they could allow modders to define whatever limit they want.
I think I have read somewhere that it could be set above, but only if there is no cavalry (horses being counted as an units for the hard cap).
Something happening on SteamDB? Looks like they removed a bunch of old versions
Well at least we know that something big is coming on October 25th...

Any chance to increase the battlesize to 2000?
Very unlikely. Increasing the agent counts doesn't only bring performance concerns but also an impact on gameplay (suitability of existing scenes,...). 2000 agents is the current hard limit, mounted troops are counted as 2 agents so anything above 1000 agents has the potential of crashing the game. Modders can try not spawning any horses to reach up to 2000 troops. We currently don't have any plans to increase this limit but I will bring it up for discussion in a modding meeting.
It's vital due to the poor reinforcement system.
What's wrong with the current reinforcement system (1.8.0) and how would an increased cap help?

No lol too complex
i don't think it would be too complex, many games out there like cities skylines or sims 4 use a local save based there where you play as a npc or some thing but are controlled by a player I'm not too indepth in the knowlodge on how to do that but if someone could make it work like that it'd be sick as i would love to murder my friend and destroy his army making him rage

I will bring it up for discussion in a modding meeting.
I'm truly grateful for any attempt.
What's wrong with the current reinforcement system (1.8.0) and how would an increased cap help?
In short, the reinforcement's soldiers are not organized. If we can increase the battlesize, there will be no reinforcement any more. Even if there still is, their soldiers are too little to be a problem.

In whichever edition, AI's cavalry charge and die first, and then infantry and archers. Then the reinforcement is generated and charge with no organization. their footmen and archers spread everywhere and fight like skirmishers and their cavalry harasses my archers. My archers have no arrows now because we are the winner and have no reinforcement. If I send cavalry to counter their cavalry and archers, they will be killed by their peasants. Oh, peasants. They're horrible. So my only choice is making everyone charge.
You see, AI has no tactic to win of course, but has a good tactic to consume the player.

The main problem before 1.8.0 is that sometimes the enemy's reinforcement is generated behind the player's army when the player's army pushes too far. I haven't met this problem in 1.8.0 because most of the time the enemy's soldiers were so many that they preferred attack more than defence. In the rest of time they didn't have reinforcements. So I don't know precisely the difference between 1.8.0 and editions before.

Back
Top Bottom