Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

At least some official information about the console version, more video stuff (banners, how do they work)???

But nope, EA PC peasants are not even worth this...

"The pc peasants in our forum are "rioting"?"
"And? Ignore them, we already have their money *evil laugh"

« Qu'ils mangent de la brioche ! »

At least some official information about the console version, more video stuff (banners, how do they work)???

But nope, EA PC peasants are not even worth this...

"The pc peasants in our forum are "rioting"?"
"And? Ignore them, we already have their money *evil laugh"

I'd probably also get all that I can out of the console goers too.

@Duh_TaleWorlds Is it true that features like siege sally out missions and claimants will not be implemented in the release?
@MostBlunted
can already tell its true. Watching Artem video from gamescom (the one you posted somewhere else, Blunted) where he talks with an MP developer, and he confirmed that Claimants quests and sally out missions will be aded AFTER the release.
EDIT: Artem also mentioned that according to the dev there will be a lot of feature updates after the release, so technically speaking the release on the 25th of october is not actually the full full release of the game, since features will be added. least thats how im understanding this

Re defection - afaik the initial problem came alongside an optimization work. Aka just reverting isn't good enough.

Re - Armies/Flesson, I think you are framing that badly. A good portion of players here and elsewhere expressed that the world was too stale. We listened and agreed. A number of developers including sad shogun spent significant effort on finding a solution (not just army cooperation although that is pretty cool) that makes them more effective - and checking how it effects balance / snowballing over longer periods. As gryphon said - it goes both ways. Snowballing is slightly higher (in our tests), yes, but the world is notably less stale. This exchange was a conscious choice.

I will still be on the road until the 8th probably, so slow posting.
I wrote a long message but it's just not worth it, because in the end, this is a perfect example, you did it because you agree with it, not just because the community wanted it as there are issues people have been yelling about for months or a year and nothing is done, so saying your doing it because the community wanted it is "framing it badly".
And I don't care what people think, Dev mexxico put a lot of time into that work and this has undermined everything he did and if that causes you guys(Devs and certain community members) not to visit with channel anymore, I am fine with it, I will always respect mexxico and his work and sorry your feelings are hurt. I won't kiss butt to get support from TW, I am brutally honest as I praise TW when they do good but will call them out for terrible decisions and many terrible decisions have been made lately. If it costs me yours, SadShogun or Mrays support, so be it. I am am always unbiased and call out each decision whether its good or bad. This isn't just my opinion, but reactions from comments on my channel and discord.

you did it because you agree with it, not just because the community wanted it
I think you will be hard pressed to find developers that do things they disagree with / believe to be wrong :razz: (given the choice)

Dev mexxico put a lot of time into that work and this has undermined everything he did
That is simply false. Even if you believe this change to be in the wrong direction, there are many other works by Mexxico that remain unaffected (f.e. the kingdom budget).

@Callum will the consistent mp server crashes every 1-3 games be fixed? If so, when? This is the most glaring issue concerning multiplayer. Player counts get squashed and dispersed every time it happens. It's frankly ridiculous/telling that it's still happening and how tight lipped development is about it. We've been told it's being investigated and that's great, but it feels blatantly disingenuous when considering just how long it's been happening (~2 years). Thanks for answering in advance! Love the game.
@Duh_TaleWorlds I appreciate your candor. Care to comment on this?

@Duh_TaleWorlds
is this a short term change and is intended to be removed?
i don't think anyone likes this change.
not when taleworlds won't even add the simple things from warband.
at least give us a balanced economy without cheats.
I was very surprised to find this but this is directly from game code:
C#:
if (clan.MapFaction.Leader == clan.Leader && clan.Kingdom != null)
{
int num2 = (clan.Kingdom.KingdomBudgetWallet < 2000000) ? 1000 : 0;
if ((float)clan.Kingdom.KingdomBudgetWallet < 1000000f && MBRandom.RandomFloat < (((float)clan.Kingdom.KingdomBudgetWallet < 100000f) ? 0.01f : 0.005f))
{
float randomFloat = MBRandom.RandomFloat;
num2 = ((randomFloat < 0.1f) ? 400000 : ((randomFloat < 0.3f) ? 200000 : 100000));
}
clan.Kingdom.KingdomBudgetWallet += num2;
}
For those that don't know C#, this code piece gives Kingdoms up to 400k golds with a very small chance. It is executed every in game day.

@Duh_TaleWorlds I appreciate your candor. Care to comment on this?
I am not too involved with multiplayer but stability in general will always be a core target.

is this a short term change and is intended to be removed?
i don't think anyone likes this change.
not when taleworlds won't even add the simple things from warband.
at least give us a balanced economy without cheats.
I am not sure if this was recently added or part of the original implementation. We would like to have a look at the clan and kingdom lifecycle in the future once more pressing issues have been addressed. That would ideally improve this aspect as well.

On a side not - Warbands lords did have scripted help as well and I don't think it's inherently bad. It just needs to be balanced to provide an enjoyable experience.

Last edited:
Missed this before.

The desire is to add things around (before, on or shortly after) release. However, they won't be pushed out if they are not ready.

We will continue to share updates after release in any case.
Can I please ask if any work is planned on the voting system? Right now lords vote the same way so often, especially for policies, that 90% of the time (this isn't even an exaggeration) the player is unable to change the outcome of the vote even with 100 relation with all clans and 150 influence spent.

Are we going to see relation and personality traits play more of a role in gameplay anytime soon?

Can I please ask if any work is planned on the voting system? Right now lords vote the same way so often, especially for policies, that 90% of the time (this isn't even an exaggeration) the player is unable to change the outcome of the vote even with 100 relation with all clans and 150 influence spent.

Are we going to see relation and personality traits play more of a role in gameplay anytime soon?
Or most importantly, will ALL clan leaders be on the ballot, with more influence spent choosing as a king those clans that nobody else voted for. Policies are a yes/no thing so thats easier... i think. If those interactions HAVE to be in a menu, at least expand on them significantly. Let us privately give influence to a lord through dialogue asking him to vote for us next election

Back
Top Bottom