Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Same for myself and friends; we would like to continue playing 1.7.2 but it crashes on launch now after the rollback.
Had the game set to "update on launch", so it never patched, then set it to roll back to 1.7.2. and it started downloading 900mb of... something.
It now crashes on loading the main menu.

Bye bye savegame.

Why do you add such a bad mechanic for cavs. Accidentally falling off a horse is the worst mechanic added in this game. I am done, nothing to add more.
Not one single player in the entire BL community would ever suggest, that the cav rider should be able to fall of his horse, while he and the horse is still alive... It's unbelievable they implemented such a thing...

Doubtful about this solution but glad it is just temporary.
Just ran a snowball test and not a single clan defected. Seems they've essentially just turned off defections.

So good news is that 1.8.0 wont ruin peoples playthrough with illogical defections but is not a solution if we want defections to actually occur.

Just ran a snowball test and not a single clan defected. Seems they've essentially just turned off defections.

So good news is that 1.8.0 wont ruin peoples playthrough with illogical defections but is not a solution if we want defections to actually occur.
You are fast!
I will look into code in a bit to see what exactly they changed.

Cavalry being knocked off of their horses isn't something new that was added by 1.8.0, though it made them more common.

Before 1.8.0 Beta, there were perks that gave heroes the ability to dismount enemy cavalry or knock down enemies if they hit them hard enough with the right kind of weapon.

1.8.0 Beta tied the ability to weapons instead of perks, while also making Athletics and Riding increase the ability to resist these effects. Basically if they get hit hard enough to bypass their resistance against the effects, they'll get dismounted or whatever. Cavalry getting dismounted is just easier to notice because troops actually use weapons that can do that, while weapons that can knock enemies down just aren't as common.

this has no place in Multiplayer.

agree-i-completely-agree.gif

e1.7.2 is still showing as the last main branch and e1.8.0 as the beta in the properties menu.
The game is not updating, usually it does it automatically.
I have today's patch note popping up though...

e1.7.2 is still showing as the last main branch and e1.8.0 as the beta in the properties menu.
The game is not updating, usually it does it automatically.
I have today's patch note popping up though...
Try restarting Steam.
News being updated is normal, game fetches news from server, doesn't come with updates. So even old clients would get newer ones.

Wondering this as well. Was playing and enjoying a modded 1.7.0. Now I see there is an update for that version, but I am afraid of downloading it and ruining my save.

Will this be fixed?
I'm torn between wanting them to fix it and not wanting them to spend time fixing old versions. I know the mods I need won't be updated for a few weeks at best.

I don't understand why this update has caused all previous versions to stop working though, that has never happened before.

Back
Top Bottom