Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Two months of waiting and there isn't even a new beta branch. The only difference between 1.80 beta and this is a few bug fixes. I'm done with this game, after 2 and a half years of going 'don't worry maybe the next update will bring some real substantial changes' I just can't keep doing it anymore. I haven't had a long lasting character since around 1.5 because and I haven't seen any reason to come back and invest large amounts of time since then and every 'big' update just keeps pushing that possibility further and further away.

Are older versions just permanently broken and dead then?
@Callum

Last edited:
Really? I don't see how it works now, but it doesn't seem to!
q8trmsY.jpg
If you've just bought them it takes a few days to first see any income, but they are working in 1.8.0.

yX6tRNF.png

The settlement values are still bugged. That is Marunath getting 572 MILLION settlement value for Battania cause Battania doesn't have any fiefs and still considers Marunath the faction middle settlement.
I explained in full detail how this bug happens and exact location of the code. I made a bug report where support confirmed you are aware. And it could be fixed easily temporarily by clamping distance value to minimum when faction doesn't have any fiefs or something similar.
Yet you guys decided to just lower daily defection considerations and score when it is a player kingdom. Sorry but this is just sweeping it under the rug.
Oof_Size_Large.jpg

So until the end of Gamescom, nothing at all... it would be early September (plausible :lol:).
Finishing the console demo is much more pressing, isn't it? :iamamoron:
breaking-bad-walter-white.gif

Last edited:
My game crashes when i enable the birth and death option in the mods start up window. Anyone know why?

Edit -Damn i think i corrupted my saves after turning this mod on. have to install and reinstall. Spain without the S.

TW is trying to make the workshops income more dynamic, connected with the world production and demand.
Maybe you could try to change the type of production and see if you do get better results.
Some players seem to do well, others like you are struggling...

I've found some randomly just don't earn anything and I have to pump that resource into the town to start them going.

I wonder it's due to the way that towns that might have once crossed faction boundaries from nearby castles to sell... don't like to any more.

Two months of waiting and there isn't even a new beta branch. The only difference between 1.80 beta and this is a few bug fixes. I'm done with this game, after 2 and a half years of going 'don't worry maybe the next update will bring some real substantial changes' I just can't keep doing it anymore.

i'm surprised no one brought this up until page 6.

for a moment i thought i was the only one to be dissapointed that the beta patch just needed a whole month to fix a few crashes.

guess people are just resigned at this stage

i'm surprised no one brought this up until page 6.

for a moment i thought i was the only one to be dissapointed that the beta patch just needed a whole month to fix a few crashes.

guess people are just resigned at this stage
As I said one year ago, the game is already finished.

Hello everyone,

I am having some issues and my game is crashing on startup since 1.8.0 went live!
I am actually still playing 1.7.1 because I was not very impressed with either 1.7.2 or 1.8.0, so I stayed with 1.7.1 beta. It looks like there was a game update yesterday, but I did not update my game files.

Upon starting my usual 1.7.1 game, it crashed immediately. The game kept crashing even though I checked the files integrity (no problem), so I decided to uninstall/re-install the game, still crashing (1.7.1). I did report the crash and this is the reference number: 2022-08-19_01.34.05_225949e1932124d1050605e82f404106 (@Dejan)

If one is playing a previously stable beta (1.7.1), would it suddenly start crashing when a newer beta goes to stable mode? I really don't understand what's happening!

Any insight/tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
APC

Hello everyone,

I am having some issues and my game is crashing on startup since 1.8.0 went live!
I am actually still playing 1.7.1 because I was not very impressed with either 1.7.2 or 1.8.0, so I stayed with 1.7.1 beta. It looks like there was a game update yesterday, but I did not update my game files.

Upon starting my usual 1.7.1 game, it crashed immediately. The game kept crashing even though I checked the files integrity (no problem), so I decided to uninstall/re-install the game, still crashing (1.7.1). I did report the crash and this is the reference number: 2022-08-19_01.34.05_225949e1932124d1050605e82f404106 (@Dejan)

If one is playing a previously stable beta (1.7.1), would it suddenly start crashing when a newer beta goes to stable mode? I really don't understand what's happening!

Any insight/tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
APC

It's not just you, it's something that happened to everyone that tried to use an older version after the update I'm pretty sure I saw it reported on this forum and that TW is looking into it? Following these instructions should help as a workaround at least.

It's not just you, it's something that happened to everyone that tried to use an older version after the update I'm pretty sure I saw it reported on this forum and that TW is looking into it? Following these instructions should help as a workaround at least.

Thank you so much, it worked!

[sarcasm] Very impressed with TW, finally someone from TW who figured out the problem quickly and provided a fix...what? that was not a TW team member? What do you mean? it's just a player who actually looked into it and provided the fix, really?[/sarcasm]

i don't understand
why the same update again? do i missing something?
1.8.0?
this is not new.. right??
because the last update is 1.8.0

i don't understand
why the same update again? do i missing something?
1.8.0?
this is not new right
because the last update is 1.8.0

This is still 1.8.0, it's just that it's gone from Beta to Stable.

I took a long break early on post-EA, but I think it basically goes like

Beta comes with new features -> iron out severe bugs and stuff -> Beta becomes Stable -> New Beta -> repeat

At least that's what I get from the names, no clue if that's how it's actually gone.

This is still 1.8.0, it's just that it's gone from Beta to Stable.

I took a long break early on post-EA, but I think it basically goes like

Beta comes with new features -> iron out severe bugs and stuff -> Beta becomes Stable -> New Beta -> repeat

At least that's what I get from the names, no clue if that's how it's actually gone.
That has always been the sketch really, but there's no beta now and my game does not start, it just keeps getting better !

Back
Top Bottom