Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

everything that demands entering towns or manually walking in a scene makes for a time-sink for the game mechanics with no rewarding experience other than looking at a well crafted art scenery. The only mod that makes it more relevant would be Fourberie, but even than it feels like a chore doing that mod's quests after the 5th town. The most central part's that there aren't enough features to make us want to enter any scenes, keeps serve no purpose other than gathering a bunch of nobles in the same space, the decently crafted throne rooms are never used by the player at any given point neither. So far the only meta in which Keeps are involved are in siege offenses when enough troops mange to run away like little chickens, even on defensive runs we never get to use the keep.

That's what I meant though. There should be more of something to get us to explore the town. It doesn't necessarily have to be quests. I'm not sure what though...maybe some scripted random events, like robbers you could chase down that, if captured, drops some valuables? Or maybe capturing them earns you a reputation with the town?

Something...anything. 💀

A lot of things in that video are missing now. Imagine paying a fellow vassal influence and you tell them what to do!
519.png

I know, they showed us a version of a game they never tried to deliver, then sold an alpha/beta disguised as EA for full price to have some paying alpha/beta testers. And soon they´ll release an unfinished version of a game that is shallow as a puddle.

Lieworlds at it´s best.

I know, they showed us a version of a game they never tried to deliver, then sold an alpha/beta disguised as EA for full price to have some paying alpha/beta testers. And soon they´ll release an unfinished version of a game that is shallow as a puddle.

Lieworlds at it´s best.

I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but having seen two years go by with the most obvious disregard to anything said to them, has made it really difficult to trust that it wasn't intentional to abandon or not try on larger parts of the game. It really does feel like they are trying to sell a modding platform rather than a game.

Imbalance ballistae discourages any desire to storm cities and castles...
counter-siege tactics mate. build your offensive engines and right when they're built put them into reserves, repeat until you have 4 of them, place all before entering the "lead assault" and, boom. You got yourself return-fire for the defending ballistae...

if you are patient enough, just push for the most OP bombardment siege engines, stack 4 before deploying all at once and they'll make a short life of any defensive engines quite fast. I generally clear enemy defensive engines before assaults, or place at least 2 or 3 counter-fire ones before ever engaging. If patient enough I'll spam 4 trebuchet and take down both walls before assaulting.

If you know the scene in which the siege happens you can also apply tactical builds that are much more efficient than brainless spams of all 2 towers + rams. Sturgian castles are mostly built with significant kill-zones for rams, so I never use them in sturgia, instead I either take down walls or use 2 siege towers. If they have a strong engineer governor that keeps replacing bombardment too fast, I use only a single siege tower and let stairs for the zone closest to their bombarding engines. The logical thinking here is that you can manully lead an early assault on the ladders and basically rush for the defensive engine towers. It saves a lot of casualties.

Summing up, you must understand the layout of the place you're attacking, build proper engines against said settlement and use some tactical decision making as to how you employ them, when, etc. It's also important to note that you should always be aware of switching your party screen priorities for best troops for sieges. The priority for deployment goes from top to bottom, so the top lines will always spawn, while the lower ones will be on "reserves" for re-spawns.

again, some scenes the siege tower against t3 walls sucks, while the ram remains the best choice. Other scenes rams suck and siege towers suck for t1 walls, just spam ladders. t1 walls are really short and quick to climb from ladders, except for one of the imperial layouts which puts the ladders almost horizontally, making you take ages to climb on one of the sides. As for siege towers, you gotta make sure they are fully covered from all angles once they are placed against the walls, otherwise it's only worth it if the tower itself doesn't have ladders in it, otherwise your men will be sitting ducks while climbing. So on so forth...

To me the real issue is the bad UI for sieges and how we must resort to gamey "techniques" to make those really "tactical" and proper. Why would someone build their engines under range from enemy fire? That simply doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
So not fixing the simple defection bug it seems. Welp, I tried.
What do you mean by "it seems"? Did TW say they are giving up with improving the defection bug?
counter-siege tactics mate. build your offensive engines and right when they're built put them into reserves, repeat until you have 4 of them, place all before entering the "lead assault" and, boom. You got yourself return-fire for the defending ballistae...

if you are patient enough, just push for the most OP bombardment siege engines, stack 4 before deploying all at once and they'll make a short life of any defensive engines quite fast. I generally clear enemy defensive engines before assaults, or place at least 2 or 3 counter-fire ones before ever engaging. If patient enough I'll spam 4 trebuchet and take down both walls before assaulting.

If you know the scene in which the siege happens you can also apply tactical builds that are much more efficient than brainless spams of all 2 towers + rams. Sturgian castles are mostly built with significant kill-zones for rams, so I never use them in sturgia, instead I either take down walls or use 2 siege towers. If they have a strong engineer governor that keeps replacing bombardment too fast, I use only a single siege tower and let stairs for the zone closest to their bombarding engines. The logical thinking here is that you can manully lead an early assault on the ladders and basically rush for the defensive engine towers. It saves a lot of casualties.

Summing up, you must understand the layout of the place you're attacking, build proper engines against said settlement and use some tactical decision making as to how you employ them, when, etc. It's also important to note that you should always be aware of switching your party screen priorities for best troops for sieges. The priority for deployment goes from top to bottom, so the top lines will always spawn, while the lower ones will be on "reserves" for re-spawns.

again, some scenes the siege tower against t3 walls sucks, while the ram remains the best choice. Other scenes rams suck and siege towers suck for t1 walls, just spam ladders. t1 walls are really short and quick to climb from ladders, except for one of the imperial layouts which puts the ladders almost horizontally, making you take ages to climb on one of the sides. As for siege towers, you gotta make sure they are fully covered from all angles once they are placed against the walls, otherwise it's only worth it if the tower itself doesn't have ladders in it, otherwise your men will be sitting ducks while climbing. So on so forth...

To me the real issue is the bad UI for sieges and how we must resort to gamey "techniques" to make those really "tactical" and proper. Why would someone build their engines under range from enemy fire? That simply doesn't make sense.
Interesting read, thanks!
At least TW could make so the trebuchets are put in reserve automatically after they are built...

What do you mean by "it seems"? Did TW say they are giving up with improving the defection bug?
That is not what I mean. There is a one line bug I reported that would fix the clans switching to factions with no settlements no matter what. Seems they won't fix that one and probably wait for the whole defection code change.
I was hoping it would be hotfixed. Just one line of code really.

That is not what I mean. There is a one line bug I reported that would fix the clans switching to factions with no settlements no matter what. Seems they won't fix that one and probably wait for the whole defection code change.
Welcome to the player reality, where this happenened more often than you imagine 🤡 in this 2 years of EA

Thank you for telling me what I have been doing for two years already.... The problem recently is that when you move your siege engines to reserve, enemy ballistae continue to fire at the empty siege engine slot, killing my soldiers in the process, and that the most interesting thing of the entire two thousandth army is that it is the elite troops of my detachment who are dying ...

Interesting read, thanks!
At least TW could make so the trebuchets are put in reserve automatically after they are built...
I made a suggestion about just that, but it was pushed to the backlog:

Ah ok...
Well... only time will tell if they took the right decision.
Beside the defection bug, there are other sneaky bugs that can ruin your game.
Just check the mod OnGovernorChanged...
I made a suggestion about just that, but it was pushed to the backlog:

Time to necro your suggestion!

Thank you for telling me what I have been doing for two years already.... The problem recently is that when you move your siege engines to reserve, enemy ballistae continue to fire at the empty siege engine slot, killing my soldiers in the process, and that the most interesting thing of the entire two thousandth army is that it is the elite troops of my detachment who are dying ...
casualties of war is something you must take into consideration at all times, a few deaths should be irrelevant to you if you're making a proper run. It can be compensated by: prisoner recruitment builds / "raise the meek" builds (troop passive xp gains + extra battle xp) / retinue reserves placed in garrisons. It never bothered me at all, in fact never even made a dent to my armies playing with difficulty mods and on Bannerlord settings. Trivial losses. I'd be mad if I lost companions for campaign bombardment, but I personally never seen that happen. As for who dies idk how the mechanic works, but TW does love to punish and handicap the player as much as possible, I'm used to it.

casualties of war is something you must take into consideration at all times, a few deaths should be irrelevant to you if you're making a proper run. It can be compensated by: prisoner recruitment builds / "raise the meek" builds (troop passive xp gains + extra battle xp) / retinue reserves placed in garrisons. It never bothered me at all, in fact never even made a dent to my armies playing with difficulty mods and on Bannerlord settings. Trivial losses. I'd be mad if I lost companions for campaign bombardment, but I personally never seen that happen. As for who dies idk how the mechanic works, but TW does love to punish and handicap the player as much as possible, I'm used to it.
I know how to gather troops, I am infuriated by unnecessary losses that the player cannot influence in any way ... And so in the game a lot of things are meaningless or simply not profitable, so the developers also discourage the desire for sieges ...

Oh, the gods of Calradia... Detachments of members of my clan still continue to transfer the troops I need, which I previously transferred to clan members, to other people's garrisons I don't need... When will the developers finally create the possibility of banning clan members from senselessly losing troops?!

Back
Top Bottom