Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

you can beat up the thugs

not even sure when that was added since I only learned about it by accident
Alley fights exist since the EA launch.
It is a known feature to get thamaskene in early game.
Also you were supposed to have an option to take control of that area as well (the so called "criminal empire"...).

you can beat up the thugs

not even sure when that was added since I only learned about it by accident
You could do that since the very first version of the game, yet, I don't see a point in doing this, since it brings a very small relationship boost and you have to go through two loading screens to obtain that. It by no means affects the world in any way.

Criminal empires were cut and I doubt we will see them again.

Criminal empires were cut and I doubt we will see them again.
Also you were supposed to have an option to take control of that area as well (the so called "criminal empire"...).
Think you might both be overstating how extensive that was ever intended to be?

I dunno what all was publicly said about it, but I mean, compare it to other similar mechanics to imagine how it might be. Eg, after the alley fight, you got a pop-up that asks "would you like to place a companion in charge of the alley?" And if you hit yes, they leave just like when you assign them to a caravan, stand in that alley, and you get passive gold (like a workshop) and the city itself gets -1 to security per day or something. That sounds... kinda neat, I guess? But not, like, transformative.

Think you might both be overstating how extensive that was ever intended to be?

I dunno what all was publicly said about it, but I mean, compare it to other similar mechanics to imagine how it might be. Eg, after the alley fight, you got a pop-up that asks "would you like to place a companion in charge of the alley?" And if you hit yes, they leave just like when you assign them to a caravan, stand in that alley, and you get passive gold (like a workshop) and the city itself gets -1 to security per day or something. That sounds... kinda neat, I guess? But not, like, transformative.
Not really.
That's why I said "the so called criminal empire".... a reference to the official (over)statement you can find on the Steam description page:
Bombard mountain fastnesses with siege engines, establish secret criminal empires in the back alleys of cities, or charge into the thick of chaotic battles in your quest for power.
But yeah actually they were simply planning a feature similar to what you described...

Thats in game for looong time. It's just that when you kill all, you just make that "criminal" area disappear + annoy gang leader + win some relations with ruling clan.

Elaborate plox

I mentioned it in SP statement - Crowns are desired (the models exist in the files iirc) but delayed due to clipping challenges.
yeah I know about those clipping challenges. Any news about floating weapon parts (since you mentioned clipping)?

As for continuity, I expected that we would get some interesting coronation ceremonies and the conspirators would continue to annoy us from time to time until we managed to capture them, or that at least we got a chance to capture them by the end of the quest. Basically giving closure to both spy characters arch. As is it's open and weird that we never hear from them again.

I also hope that the Dragonbanner presents some interesting in-game mechanics revolving around it, I mean, the quest makes such a big deal out of the item that the first time I played (2020) I thought the banner would grant me almost "super-power" like boosts to morale at least, or that at bare minimum it would faccilitate recruiting certain more supersticious Lords, making persuading them easier

At this point I'm just waiting to see what you guys actually release and flush with the final version for official release, depending on what I see there's a slight chance I'll go hands on deck and make a massive mod to counter-weight missing features and slap in some needed balance into the game. I think the problem for me is that I have no clue what you are actually planning for the definitive final state of the game, which makes hard to understand a plethora of balance issues I see now. (which in turn carry the possibility of being a pre-emptive balancing because there are certain features planned that require it and I'm not aware of yet)

Last edited:
Should have it in future versions then. It's similar style to intro.
They're exist in game as far as I know.

Though it would be cool if every faction/culture has their own different ending. Anti imperial ending is nearly same as the imperial one.

Any news about floating weapon parts (since you mentioned clipping)?
Those are bugs with the individual meshes/models afaik, so report and they will be fixed over time.

I expected that we would get some interesting coronation ceremonies and the conspirators would continue to annoy us from time to time until we managed to capture them, or that at least we got a chance to capture them by the end of the quest. Basically giving closure to both spy characters arch. As is it's open and weird that we never hear from them again.
Could be a small-ish subquest but doesn't seem like a high prio item. Part of the challenge is that the characters players have vested interest in (arzagos/istiana) may well die by that point (though we do help them stick around longer than normal characters iirc).

I also hope that the Dragonbanner presents some interesting in-game mechanics revolving around it, I mean, the quest makes such a big deal out of the item that the first time I played (2020) I thought the banner would grant me almost "super-power" like boosts to morale at least, or that at bare minimum it would faccilitate recruiting certain more supersticious Lords, making persuading them easier
The fundamental power of the dragon banner is symbolic and that takes effect in allowing the player access to play the role they do in the storyline. Having said that, a fair few developers would like to explore various effects for it, though they may be patched in at a later date rather than the initial release of the feature. (There should be some gameplay effect in any case though.)

Curious then that @xdj1nn didn't experience them.

Will this be addressed?

Has anyone else had the issue of caravans not going to their towns? In my first playthrough I had all the towns in the center part of the map and no caravans traded in them.

Though it would be cool if every faction/culture has their own different ending. Anti imperial ending is nearly same as the imperial one.

something's wrong with my game than. Must be a mod

Those are bugs with the individual meshes/models afaik, so report and they will be fixed over time.

Could be a small-ish subquest but doesn't seem like a high prio item. Part of the challenge is that the characters players have vested interest in (arzagos/istiana) may well die by that point (though we do help them stick around longer than normal characters iirc).

The fundamental power of the dragon banner is symbolic and that takes effect in allowing the player access to play the role they do in the storyline. Having said that, a fair few developers would like to explore various effects for it, though they may be patched in at a later date rather than the initial release of the feature. (There should be some gameplay effect in any case though.)

Floating parts: They've been around since EA release, most are the same as they were back than, and I've read numerous, almost countless reports on it, so I never bothered to do it myself, afaik there are too many of them to list each and every item part that results in floating (not taking into consideration the ludicrous amount of time it would take to test them all)

Continuity: I think not making it into higher priority is a mistake, the most lacking stance of the game RN is late-game content and significant financial earning at late-game. Both are only achievable by gamey means like specific ways of grinding and exploiting smithing orders. It's really hard to make any feasible amount of gold to properly run a kingdom, none of which involved having a kingdom or even the passive income options available (caravans and workshops) aren't viable for that, nor owning fiefs - which cap at 10~k gold on daily tick for the best most prosperous towns with the best governor possible. As for continuity there's nothing to do once you beat the main quest in Campaign, and in Sandbox if played right you can finish painting the entire map before you even have a kid depending on RNGesus, even if you do they won't be even near adulthood when you do it, arguably being even babies still.

Dragon Banner: It's rather underwhelming having such a massive lore build-up into the item, a lengthy quest to retrieve it and than having it do nothing other than serving as a gimmicky plot-device. I'd rather have it give some functionality in-game wise, even if just aesthetical like having the choice of putting it into your capital settlement or something. Giving it significant bonuses and varying options of how to use it (meaning both in-battle buffs or if chosen to place in a settlement, settlement buffs) would make for a more rounded experience in a Game Design regard while giving the asset some value for the player. As for how it interacts with other Lords, other than giving it to some faction and becoming a vassal, they seem to simply ignore it's existance, giving it no meaning at all as such the dialogues imply during the quest-line, it's not even mentioned when you are under persuasion checks with other Lords, which could be mitigating this "gimmick" effect it gives.

Last edited:
Is this list of features that are "delayed" shorter than the list of features that you will add before the "final" release?

Will there even be a new "beta" before the "final" release?

Nobody noticed because we have no gameplay reason to thoroughly explore a town :sad:

I really do wish there were reasons to explore towns. I don't even know what else they could do off the top of my head to make exploring towns enjoyable, but I do know I don't even jump into them most of the time because there's no point. lol

I really do wish there were reasons to explore towns. I don't even know what else they could do off the top of my head to make exploring towns enjoyable, but I do know I don't even jump into them most of the time because there's no point. lol
everything that demands entering towns or manually walking in a scene makes for a time-sink for the game mechanics with no rewarding experience other than looking at a well crafted art scenery. The only mod that makes it more relevant would be Fourberie, but even than it feels like a chore doing that mod's quests after the 5th town. The most central part's that there aren't enough features to make us want to enter any scenes, keeps serve no purpose other than gathering a bunch of nobles in the same space, the decently crafted throne rooms are never used by the player at any given point neither. So far the only meta in which Keeps are involved are in siege offenses when enough troops mange to run away like little chickens, even on defensive runs we never get to use the keep.

and the city itself gets -1 to security per day or something
With that, at least, you could've placed a few companions in different alleys of an enemy city, slowly lowering it's security, pushing it towards a rebellion. But no, we don't have even something simple as that, sadly.

Should have it in future versions then. It's similar style to intro.
It'd be cool if when you conquer the last fief of the map you get a scene were all the original 8 rulers (dead ones could be force ghosts) show up and either congratulate you or taunt you. It would also be nice to have retirement option that game a something like a game score and a cut scene depending on certain criteria, like you get assassinated if too many people hated you or a good ending or such.

A new bug appeared. Bundit troops will run away from the enermy troops a thousand of miles away for which the quest "eliminate bundits" has no enough bundit troops to kill.

Back
Top Bottom