Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Re - Armies/Flesson, I think you are framing that badly. A good portion of players here and elsewhere expressed that the world was too stale. We listened and agreed. A number of developers including sad shogun spent significant effort on finding a solution (not just army cooperation although that is pretty cool) that makes them more effective - and checking how it effects balance / snowballing over longer periods. As gryphon said - it goes both ways. Snowballing is slightly higher (in our tests), yes, but the world is notably less stale. This exchange was a conscious choice.
Yes!
Love this. I very much agree with this.
Complete snowballing by a single faction (like the Khuzait in earlier versions) on every single playthrough is poor balance. But having 1 or 2 factions (preferable different factions on each playthrough) becoming more powerful over their enemies keeps the game alive, dynamic and more interesting. It makes sure that you, as the player, have to adapt to new situations in every playthrough and that the input that you deliver has meaning in the worldstage.

The earlier balance ment that no matter what would happen, you needn't worry because things would ripple out. Did your faction lose a town? Don't stress, it'll gain another. Because balance.

But having the insecurity of maybe becoming the underdog will spur the player into action. I hope this wont change.

@Duh_TaleWorlds Will this also mean that the "end of factions" will be revisited? That we perhaps can get a meaningful way to finish of a faction? I now often have to deal with the main clan who hires a ton of mercenaries to pester my villages.

@Duh_TaleWorlds Will this also mean that the "end of factions" will be revisited? That we perhaps can get a meaningful way to finish of a faction? I now often have to deal with the main clan who hires a ton of mercenaries to pester my villages.
That is a desired longer term goal for us.

Is the map editor going to be improved/fixed? Everyone is saying it's unusable on 1.8
Yes, but no ETA.

Is it possible to add for quest givers a dialogue option to proceed with the deal when I already poses required quest items (mules, sumpter horses,tools,prisoners,bandits etc.) at the start of the quest? It would be much more believable to say: "As it happens I got that what you need with me right now you lucky son of a bucket" then clicking out from dialogue and click back saying "Ahaa I fetched what you asked for in a blink of an eye!" 😉
+ add difficulty/realism level with mandatory entering game locations to speak to quest givers and hide those "!" highlighting from miles away that there is a quest in that settlement.

+ add difficulty/realism level with mandatory entering game locations to speak to quest givers and hide those "!" highlighting from miles away that there is a quest in that settlement.
I personally would not prefer this - I think true difficulty comes from challenge, not from having to walk around. It would add to realism but not fun.

What I would prefer is optional gameplay content, such as quests, that can only be done in towns/villages to give you a fun reason to explore the scene.

Is it possible to add for quest givers a dialogue option to proceed with the deal when I already poses required quest items (mules, sumpter horses,tools,prisoners,bandits etc.) at the start of the quest? It would be much more believable to say: "As it happens I got that what you need with me right now you lucky son of a bucket" then clicking out from dialogue and click back saying "Ahaa I fetched what you asked for in a blink of an eye!" 😉
I agree with the first part, it is somewhat annoying to artificially exit and start the conversation again to get the right dialogue options.

The second part would annoy me personally and will make me do less quests. But as long as it is optional, I cannot dissagree

It would be an incentive to enter towns and taverns to talk to innkeeper about available quests. Villagers travel to towns regularly with their produced goods, so innkeeper would also have info about village quests. I could even meet village elders/notables in tavern from time to time as they would for sure go there to seek help rather than sitting in their village and wait for miracle to happen.
+ I would like to be approached by AI itself asking for help. I'm bit fed up with me being always the one who iniciates the quest. It could happen in person or with the mean of messanger.

It would be an incentive to enter towns and taverns to talk to innkeeper about available quests. Villagers travel to towns regularly with their produced goods, so innkeeper would also have info about village quests. I could even meet village elders/notables in tavern from time to time as they would for sure go there to seek help rather than sitting in their village and wait for miracle to happen.
+ I would like to be approached by AI itself asking for help. I'm bit fed up with me being always the one who iniciates the quest. It could happen in person or with the mean of messanger.
I like the premise of being approached more often by the AI, but I think the hard part is to get just the right amount of aproaches. To much and it would become an annoyance,, to little and people would do fewer quests. Besides there should be some restrictions to cater the types of quest to your situation at the moment. Like when you are part of an army, you would not have time for village quests.

but in general, the AI being more proactive in interactions is a good way of making the worlds more alive. I like the addition of vassal invitations and wedding proposals.

Stuff like that would be great. Personally, I do miss the thrill of entering a tavern and hoping to find my favourite companions...then sometimes you'd find a traveller whom you'd pay for the companion whereabouts, only to find out he was already gone. We have awesome scenes, but not much use for them with all the shortcuts. And yeah, I know I can just enter the scene anyway, but not having the option is completely different, (since I can see who is available before entering).
Same goes for the tournament icons and encyclopaedia/GPS, it's like medieval ad boards, immersion breaking again.

However I understand some people like to play rushy and don't even bother reading anything, so making it optional is the best approach.

Yep, optional is a key word. Like now we have possibility to switch death on/off and similar.

I like the premise of being approached more often by the AI, but I think the hard part is to get just the right amount of aproaches. To much and it would become an annoyance,, to little and people would do fewer quests. Besides there should be some restrictions to cater the types of quest to your situation at the moment. Like when you are part of an army, you would not have time for village quests.

but in general, the AI being more proactive in interactions is a good way of making the worlds more alive. I like the addition of vassal invitations and wedding proposals.
Yeah, messanger might be a bit overkill as it could spam windows while you travel on map too often. Being approached only when you enter the location might work better. It could be connected with your renown. At the beginning of the game you would have to try hard to look for quests. As you become more recognizable it would be natural that people start approach you more because they know you can sort the things out 😉

I was going to ask the same thing. No sense in leaving the encounter only to go right back.

For finding quests, it could be nice if characters would approach you, either on entering a settlement, waiting in one, or walking round town to ask you to take quests, or tell you about one that's available. Maybe your renown could affect the likelihood of them seeking you out and the type of quests - if you're unknown they'd be far less likely.

Back
Top Bottom