Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Only the beta and live branches are patched. So 1.7.1 and before arent touched.
At the same time that the new 1.8.0 stable was put up, all of the older versions (at least the 1.6 and 1.7 ones, maybe older ones but I don't know if anyone's even tried them) received a patch too, which added some stuff that made them CTD on startup without deleting some of the new localization stuff they added.

with defection being sorta fixed i thought it was safe to go into 1.8.0, but now a bunch of armies and parties are travelling at 1.0 speed because of the grain situation. i preferred when they were starving instead, at least i could counter that by bringing a lot of food myself. not sure what to do now.. :lol: i dont feel like playing anymore, what's the point? the other 2-3 armies in my faction cant get anywhere, its just me holding off 3 factions again. what a cursed patch

Last edited:
Still Missing

• Bandits attacking villages
  • Helping villagers defend their village from bandits
  • No poems
  • No courting
  • No feasts
  • No weddings (its just a watered down cutscene with no substance now used to be a real time event)
  • No dueling lords
  • No weather (never rains at all or any sandstorms)
  • No custom troops
  • No variation in sieges they're all the same scripted events
  • No criminal options like they advertised with being a crime lord
  • Still missing battle scenes and settlements still share battlefields with others instead of being unique
  • No character to NPCs, in Warband they had unique character for the NPCs. Now they're all generic and say the same things
  • Sexism (then again in today's PC world I guess this is the least likely to return)
This game is truly a Skyrim of Mount and Blade relying too heavily on modders to fix and finish the game. Guess that was their end goal after all. While the fanboys will cry "but but updates and DLC dur!" The reality is they're releasing a unfinished game.

Still Missing

• Bandits attacking villages
  • Helping villagers defend their village from bandits
  • No poems
  • No courting
  • No feasts
  • No weddings (its just a watered down cutscene with no substance now used to be a real time event)
  • No dueling lords
  • No weather (never rains at all or any sandstorms)
  • No custom troops
  • No variation in sieges they're all the same scripted events
  • No criminal options like they advertised with being a crime lord
  • Still missing battle scenes and settlements still share battlefields with others instead of being unique
  • No character to NPCs, in Warband they had unique character for the NPCs. Now they're all generic and say the same things
  • Sexism (then again in today's PC world I guess this is the least likely to return)
This game is truly a Skyrim of Mount and Blade relying too heavily on modders to fix and finish the game. Guess that was their end goal after all. While the fanboys will cry "but but updates and DLC dur!" The reality is they're releasing a unfinished game.

The criminal one is the most intriguing because I do remember that they advertised that and it's like nowhere to be seen, like thirty thousand other things they said they would do or should do.

with defection being sorta fixed i thought it was safe to go into 1.8.0, but now a bunch of armies and parties are travelling at 1.0 speed because of the grain situation. i preferred when they were starving instead, at least i could counter that by bringing a lot of food myself. not sure what to do now.. :lol:

Have you tried the carrot on a stick strategy yet?
jk obvi

207 posts in the thread, mostly questions, only 5 posts from TW. Honest question why even put this on the forums if there's seemingly a gag order on almost all subjects?

What an actual cash grab. I've given this game countless hours and always thought "Its still early access, they'll get it done by the full release" but wow. What a joke this has turned out to be. If I could have my money back please.

The criminal one is the most intriguing because I do remember that they advertised that and it's like nowhere to be seen, like thirty thousand other things they said they would do or should do.
Yeah, that's still something that's in the game's description on steam "establish secret criminal empires in the back alleys of cities". When asked about it they've said it's done and in the game... but it's literally impossible to "establish secret criminal empires" in the game lol

...and it is so easy to do. Like workshops. You approach whatever thug is closest to you and ask him "I want to buy your back alley/waterfront" and him replaying " Sure, it will cost you 23861 denars"...tadaaaa your criminal empire is on the raise 🤭

...and it is so easy to do. Like workshops. You approach whatever thug is closest to you and ask him "I want to buy your back alley/waterfront" and him replaying " Sure, it will cost you 23861 denars"...tadaaaa your criminal empire is on the raise 🤭
Or when you fight some thugs and clear an area, have the option to take control of it. Just the most simplistic version of the idea, something at least.

I could imagine to build upon quest about " rival gang moving to the city" for a bit of story driven flavour. You accept the quest from gang leader A, you slaughter the rival gang B, and upon talking back to quest giver you would have an option to establish your own gang. Depending on relations he could get mad and declare gang war or accept you as a peer. Both options leading to their own set of quests.

I could imagine to build upon quest about " rival gang moving to the city" for a bit of story driven flavour. You accept the quest from gang leader A, you slaughter the rival gang B, and upon talking back to quest giver you would have an option to establish your own gang. Depending on relations he could get mad and declare gang war or accept you as a peer. Both options leading to their own set of quests.
Right.
There are lots of ways it could work.

Yeah, that's still something that's in the game's description on steam "establish secret criminal empires in the back alleys of cities". When asked about it they've said it's done and in the game... but it's literally impossible to "establish secret criminal empires" in the game lol

They actually say its in the game? Oh man. :facepalm:

When asked about it they've said it's done and in the game...
I very much doubt that. Maybe you are referencing my post where I explain the crime system that is in the game? If not, please let me know where this claim was made, so I can look into a correction. Ownership of alleys is a separate matter to the crime system and it's clearly not yet in the game.

not yet in the game.
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom