Patch Notes e1.7.2

Users who are viewing this thread

I presumed it was because I didn't like or want them.
I don't miss them too, but people keep clamoring for feasts, because they want more engagement with their peer NPC group.
A smart game designer would figure out that copying Warband feasts would be inadequate, but will find better game mechanics to satisfy the same player urge.
This also won't happen, because TW won't listen.

Let's ask TW if they are indie devs or not. @Duh_TaleWorlds, please give us the inside scoop on your indieness or otherwise.

Last edited:
I don't miss them too, but people keep clamoring for feasts, because they want more engagement with their peer NPC group.
A smart game designer would figure out that copying Warband feasts would be inadequate, but will find better game mechanics to satisfy the same player urge.
This also won't happen, because TW won't listen.

Let's ask TW if they are indie devs or not. @Duh_TaleWorlds, please give us the inside scoop on your indieness or otherwise.
Still lots of code refactoring unrelated to gameplay changes. Presumably, on-going reorganisation to optimise the game for multiple console ports and preparatory changes for modding features such as custom skins. Most modders who've moved to 1.7.2 seem to be having problems with decals, prefabs and materials. The absent Beta suggests even more fundamental changes under the hood. I'm not sure how much time all that leaves for anyone to focus on new game mechanics this late in BL's development cyle.

????
First i never stated i know more than others. that was your perception.
Do a quick research about my nickname you'll be surprised how much i know about this game.
^A reasonable person would assume that this statement aims to convey that you know enough about the game that your opinion should have more weight then the person you argue against or respond to. Perhaps you meant to convey that your posting history would show that you fallow the EA of bannerlord closely. However this is irrelevant because you current postings (in this thread) already show that you have wild assumptions about it.
My first replay was given to inform and answer WHIT FACTS to a "question".
You didn't do it though! You just expressed your thoughts about why you think TW based updates on mods, you did not show any facts!
You said this:
My reply was in favor of the EA approach to a game like this. and mods have been implemented or inspired changes in the game over the last 12 months so i don't see why my statement over that area should be incorrect.
I ask you this:
I'm sorry I'm so ignorant in this subject, please help me and list off all the mods that have been implemented by taleworlds in the base game. Like the nexus link to the mod and the post where TW acknowledges that this mod is in a patch or update. Also, you could link the posts of devs stating what parts of an update were inspired by a mod, since this is the only way we can know what inspired them.
You haven't done that at all! You just ramble on and on about how there are similarities in mods and updates! Of course we KNOW that mods have not been implemented by TW and there have hundreds of comments like "why didn't tw just add XYZ mod and hurry" up. They don't do that, they develop from their own process and it's obvious and well known.

ALso
stick to the discussion. if we want to talk about Warband what about we talk about how simple sieges were in that game. oh yeah they worked but hey all you need is 1 ladder right? This in not Warband. Stick to the discussion.
It's not about TW it's quite literally about any EA game that is open to modders.
?
Let me explain by using Google and definitions:
Definition for Indie Developer
"An indie developer is an individual or small group that is not owned by another company that makes games,"
SMALL GROUP
It's not a real thread until we get mansplained based on a google search ????

That's a natural consequence of pretty much every update for every game. Files get changed, mods stop working.

Thats a MAJOR flaw with this engine IMO. Other games are built far more modular so an old mod can literally survive and work even decades later. This game its every update will break the last -not modder ideal

As I was playing the game, I noticed that my character did not reach for his quiver after looseing an arrow, instead he kept looseing two more arrow. This is something great. I do not know what unlocks it, a certain perk or certain archery level threshold. This was not in the game right? Anyway, it is a great detail and good.

lol consoles

those were created for fortnite and mario bros. console players lack the attention span for games like bannerlord.

Exactly. It's simply a different type of consumer base. There's a reason that grand strategy/RTS games like Total War, Age of Empires, Crusader Kings, and Europa Universalis, etc., aren't on console -there's simply no appetite for it amongst the console crowd.

One of my really good friends is a console gamer. He acquired Warband on Xbox game pass. Played it for 10 minutes and HATED it. It "bored" him and he had no stomach for the type of gameplay Warband offered. He'll sit and play Call of Duty for hours and hours though.

Exactly. It's simply a different type of consumer base. There's a reason that grand strategy/RTS games like Total War, Age of Empires, Crusader Kings, and Europa Universalis, etc., aren't on console -there's simply no appetite for it amongst the console crowd.
Actually Ck started going too console as well...

you see, mostly console works best for rpgs like Final Fantasy, Chrono Cross, and shooting games, but looking at the market console players tend to be more older ppl with less time to actual game or ppl who "likes games but would commit hours to play a campaing" like M&B. Most console players want a game that will finish in 10 minutes and be done with it. Even 5 minutes to them see an eternity

I don't blame TW wanting expand their market after all, they don't work for free nor should they. It's an company that need pays ppl and more resources for games, etc...

But console should be a lesser priority until the game is solid, i think

Last edited:
I don't blame TW wanting expand their market after all, they don't work for free nor should they. It's an company that need pays ppl and more resources for games, etc...
The problem is that everyone seems to want to be a market leader these days. Just as there is a place for luxury goods there is a place for niche products. And by trying to change this like with any kind of human organisation that changes they run the risk of failing hard as there is no guarantee that any set up will work.
You see the same problem everywhere be it with bands, companies, families, states ect. When you mess with something that works you run a high risk of making something that doesn't work. As the number of possible functioning permutations of organisation are far smaller than that of ones that don't work.

It is even worse if you don't have any coherent accountable leadership. If incompetent it's easy to remove a single man from power harder to get rid of many. A single person is very rarely half mad, as opposed to decision making bodies/processes which often are. It seems it is better to gamble on competence than get guaranteed incompetence.

Taleworlds reeks of a crushing bureaucracy. And the vision™ schizophrenic hodge podge of tautological truisms and occasional clarity shining through from prudence, talent and dedication.

It is even worse if you don't have any coherent accountable leadership. If incompetent it's easy to remove a single man from power harder to get rid of many. A single person is very rarely half mad, as opposed to decision making bodies/processes which often are. It seems it is better to gamble on competence than get guaranteed incompetence.
It could be the opposite at Taleworlds. When the person who designs the game also runs the company, he can do whatever he wants, no matter how wrong it is, and his employees are obligated to follow his lead and defend his "Vision" in public. There goes some of the accountability, although he is not the only owner.
There are accounts of TW junior devs making good and feasible (player requested) suggestions at "design committee" meetings, only for their ideas to be shot down out of hand by the decision maker(s), and we can assume who is this.

It could be the opposite at Taleworlds. When the person who designs the game also runs the company, he can do whatever he wants, no matter how wrong it is, and his employees are obligated to follow his lead and defend his "Vision" in public. There goes some of the accountability, although he is not the only owner.
There are accounts of TW junior devs making good and feasible (player requested) suggestions at "design committee" meetings, only for their ideas to be shot down out of hand by the decision maker(s), and we can assume who is this.
If they can't get rid them, they aren't really accountable as you said. I agree its not impossible to have incompetence at the top. But at the very least you apply pressure to Armagan. His face is proverbially on the company and product.

The unseen "decision maker(s)", they sound like some sort of cabal, are completely untouchable on the otherhand.
The whole notion of design committe makes me suspect oligarchical decision structure. Even if not officially recognised. Its not unusual for the real nature of power structures to be hidden from those whom are not involved in it. Its a good strategy for the de facto rulers of unpopular regimes to hide behind the dejure leadership.

Japan for example had a puppet emperor for nearly 1000 years. If asked the conventional response would be that the emperor was in fact in charge when he had no real power, despite the legal authority to make decisions. When in fact the shogun or the daimyos where the real power.

The problem is that everyone seems to want to be a market leader these days. Just as there is a place for luxury goods there is a place for niche products. And by trying to change this like with any kind of human organisation that changes they run the risk of failing hard as there is no guarantee that any set up will work.
You see the same problem everywhere be it with bands, companies, families, states ect. When you mess with something that works you run a high risk of making something that doesn't work. As the number of possible functioning permutations of organisation are far smaller than that of ones that don't work.

Taleworlds reeks of a crushing bureaucracy. And the vision™ schizophrenic hodge podge of tautological truisms and occasional clarity shining through from prudence, talent and dedication.
the thing is, i believe it could learn with a few studioes that doesn't have lot of games, focus on their franchise and deliver quality instead of quantity, somehting they probably learned by now with the decision to post-pone the full release. If you deliver just quantity nobdy will have faith in you anymore and eventually will leave.

today marketing is all based on the User and clients, it's over the era of ceo's vision. What matter in a digital worl, is how clients talk about your product.

I know because i work on marketing team and content creator. It's important to listen reasonable feedback, knowing the company limitation (manpower- capabilities and money) as well. The thing is Idk how things work in their country i can't speak for them, but I can speak about as a client and a person who works close similiarly the same way TW do delivering a product and service to a community

I know because i work on marketing team
My condolences.
If you deliver just quantity nobdy will have faith in you anymore and eventually will leave.
Generally, I Agree. Not that it matters.
today marketing is all based on the User and clients, it's over the era of ceo's vision. What matter in a digital worl, is how clients talk about your product.
The issue is way beyond marketing, naturally as a man with a hammer everything looks like a nail so also goes with marketing. So i have to disagree with you assessment if only on the basis of it being of rather conventional wisdom. While oftentimes not imediately lethal, ought not in my eyes be assumed to be the be all and end all on the subject. As such things are never in any matter uniform across many a different metric even to the point of being un-replicateable.
The only thing is the thing in and of it self.

There is only one useful way of measuring effectiveness in economic matters and that is continuing profit. Market research, client opinions, if you like it yourslef ect. any and all of these are suboptimal in comparison to demonstrated preference through the exchange of money. That is in a hypothetical free market, which isn't even close to existing in our modern world given the existance of central banking and zombie finance, regulation, absurd taxation structures and government spending ect.

But i digress what i mean in short is what works actually works. If taleworlds tries differently and succeeds good on them. Haveing a functioning organisational structure is much more important in my eyes than any one issue. Including that of marketing. If they can effectively respond to issues in the future then to hell with discussing their specific views on community feedback ect.

The fact of the matter is i doubt taleworlds will be profitable in the over the long term given their current strategy and or results, but that is just a guess on my part. It could just a case of, old man yells at cloud, who knows? I certainly don't.

Then again it could simply be the perfect storm causing many of the issues with development (on the assumption that things are not going too well). I doubt it as bad management always comes up with excuses for faliures, which even if true only constitute part of the issue a large part still being the organisation itself.
Given turkeys (still not going to call it Türkiye) relative state of financial chaos. With a projected rate of 50% inflation ( for the sake of arguement ignore the absurdity of a basket of goods as a metric for inflation) i can see how such things could effect the productivity of the company. On both a personal and profesional level. Not to mention the government coming to help, as it is sometime said with lockdowns ect. over E.A.

I ramble too much.

Back
Top Bottom