Patch Notes e1.7.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, Could someone please help me what can I do since this new patch my game can not start, it crashes instantly. I tried to uninstall and install the full game again and still not working?
also having this issue, I was able to launch the game from one of the exe files in the folder with the main launcher. The main launcher exe did not work in the folder, but I was able to launch the mp exe directly from it.

No crash yet in single player....

Find it odd that it states no changes but in my gameplay so far things actually seem to run smoother at least in big battles.

-Ballistas (firing over and around me) seem to have a new and superior sound.
-Found a Highland-type match in land of the Gauls that I haven't seen before.
-Aiming with a crossbow on mount seems to be more fluid when transitioning 360 degrees around

-City and Castle fights actually give more loot and prisoners than before.
Fighting a city.
77 new troops
110 new prisoners.

^ that is for sure new

Also the AI archers seem to be more responsive and more independent.

Mhm, okay, thank you for the clarification. Will ask about GFnow.
Thanks. I assume it may be a texture loading issue. Game keeps freezing whenever a new scene or a menu is about to load. Music and sound keep playing but game becomes not responsive to anything else and gets stuck either in loading screen or some blur background.

So you would prefer to see:
a) The current Beta patch not being moved to live if the next Beta patch isn't ready.
b) The next Beta patch being released to the players even if hasn't undergone the necessary internal tests and had critical issues fixed.

Noted.
There is a reason the beta branch is called a beta, and a reason why it's an opt-in update. It's meant to be unstable, players are better at finding bugs and in much higher numbers than your testers. The whole reason you release beta updates is to let the community find issues.

Also, every single patch before this has released with a new beta patch, why is this one any different? If the game can launch in the beta, it should be released, it's not meant to be a stable experience, that's a warning it has by being called beta.

And, why deliver your points in such a smart-ass way? No one appreciates that. I do, however, appreciate you at least responding.

Thanks!

@Dejan Are you guys planning to disable family sharing? It will have or already has a significant part in multiplayer ranked games. People can simply create an alt account by using this system and play against people of lesser skill, which shouldn't happen at all.

Im having FPS drops and lags again on this patch.

and why releasing a patch on a Friday? Now we cant play the whole weekend and have to wait until next week
You're the reason we never get anything nice. all you do is QQ every time something happens...

This is why nothing ever happens.

I bet you play as the Empire! I bet you kiss those Roman boots!

There is a reason the beta branch is called a beta, and a reason why it's an opt-in update. It's meant to be unstable, players are better at finding bugs and in much higher numbers than your testers. The whole reason you release beta updates is to let the community find issues.

Also, every single patch before this has released with a new beta patch, why is this one any different? If the game can launch in the beta, it should be released, it's not meant to be a stable experience, that's a warning it has by being called beta.

And, why deliver your points in such a smart-ass way? No one appreciates that. I do, however, appreciate you at least responding.

Thanks!
If u aren’t capable of thinking by your self i will explain more directly.

The problems they are referring to in the beta are probably game breaking/causing crashes, how are u supposed to test something it if crash constantly or work so bad that the only thing people would report is what TW already know it's broken…

Last edited:
And, why deliver your points in such a smart-ass way?
Everyone's got a bad day now n then.

But more on point, we have moved betas to live without a new beta before - when we thought it to be ready. And we will do so again - because we do want to bring the MP content to players, but we don't want to split the MP playerbase unnecessarily. (More curiously we even had 2 betas at one point.)

As for our beta release approach - we have our internal processes and guidelines. While the beta is less stable, it is still meant to pass certain criteria. So we won't release it with known (frequent) crashes or other significantly game breaking issues.

Everyone's got a bad day now n then.

But more on point, we have moved betas to live without a new beta before - when we thought it to be ready. And we will do so again - because we do want to bring the MP content to players, but we don't want to split the MP playerbase unnecessarily. (More curiously we even had 2 betas at one point.)

As for our beta release approach - we have our internal processes and guidelines. While the beta is less stable, it is still meant to pass certain criteria. So we won't release it with known (frequent) crashes or other significantly game breaking issues.
Your point about splitting the playerbase is valid. But bugs that cause the fps to drop to 10 or lag spikes in general are some pretty major oversights in your testing phase of development, especially since it's known you take a lot of time to roll out patches for anything.

If you're going to enable a beta with no servers to test it on, at least be able to deliver in a stable way considering you have more time to test it on the branch.

Well, as always, immediately after the new update, FPS and performance decrease... I understand, this is a tradition... Add the option to prohibit clan members from transferring their troops to settlements! You accumulate the necessary troops, transfer them to your clan members, and they transfer them to the garrisons of unnecessary settlements ... after which the AI disbands them due to lack of money! After a while, this cycle of idiocy and nonsense repeats again! I also consider it necessary to return the options for assigning classes to units in the squad management menu. Well, or give the players the opportunity to choose between the old or the new system in the settings, if one of the players cannot understand which units he has in the squad with heavy armor, and which ones with light armor. As I understand it, they finally solved the problem with reinforcements on the battlefield - thanks.

But you said that you loved me. </3
Just play some MP until the next beta ? ? ? ? ?
Damn bro, I though the beta branches were used precisely for testing purposes. We have apparently entered now a new era where we can't even expect the beta branches to arrive at the same time than the previous version stable patch. Crazy times here in Taleworlds land.
So you would prefer to see:
a) The current Beta patch not being moved to live if the next Beta patch isn't ready.
b) The next Beta patch being released to the players even if hasn't undergone the necessary internal tests and had critical issues fixed.

Noted.
Oh here we go again....
1 Adding the stabilized Beta to the stable branch allows/encourages modders to update their mods. Many just plain don't bother with the beta.
2 Some game venues don't offer the beta, so the stable update is very important to those players.
3 If the beta crashes TOO MUCH there's nothing to beta teas. There's no value in 1k+ "Game won't start" or "I pressed a button and it crashed" reports.
4 Some players have specifically asked for this in the past and it's not even the first time the stable got updated but the new beta was delayed. It's good and makes sense.

I expect a new patch to be the biggest one, more than 2 month without new patch.
I admit, the fact the blocker issues persisted makes me hopeful these are significant changes or new systems somewhere. I wouldn't expect so much trouble if it were just tinkeroos and new shoulder pads.
When will you figure out that we are needy children who happen to be in their 30's?
:stomps little frog feet:
New Beta!
New Beta!
New Beta!
New Beta!
New bug. Party in your army don't buy food when in city or village and you end up feeding your entire army
"New bug" Hah hah hah hah ? They eat all your food. Deal with it.
Bugs yes, known or invasive crashes NO. Look at how many problems the beta often has: If tw thinks it's too crashy to put out, IT IS.
More than ever the multiplayer needs players to test the ranked system. Taleworlds is not even mentioning the fact that 1.7.2 brings lot of changes to the multiplayer in their last video tweet...

So I can hear gamer words and get vote kicked?
MP NEVER! ?
MP NEVER! ?
If u aren’t capable of thinking by your self i will explain more directly.

The problems they are referring to in the beta are probably game breaking/causing crashes, how are u supposed to test something it if crash constantly or work so bad that the only thing people would report is what they already know is bronen…
Agreed
And I thank you for this! Getting a bunch of people to download a patch ,get 10 crashes and re-vert to stable, is a lose/lose situation.

Your point about splitting the playerbase is valid. But bugs that cause the fps to drop to 10 or lag spikes in general are some pretty major oversights in your testing phase of development, especially since it's known you take a lot of time to roll out patches for anything.

If you're going to enable a beta with no servers to test it on, at least be able to deliver in a stable way considering you have more time to test it on the branch.
This is concerning, I haven't started a new game yet to see though. I don't mean this to be condescending but I hope people are re-optimizing their settings after the update, it often requires this to run well IMO.

well f** me this patch broke all my (6) popular mods save 1.

i totally get this is a EA (still...) but ffs have a little respect for the modders.

its been a year now since EA why are you still turning the game on its head with EVERY single update??

well f** me this patch broke all my (6) popular mods save 1.

i totally get this is a EA (still...) but ffs have a little respect for the modders.

its been a year now since EA why are you still turning the game on its head with EVERY single update??
That's a natural consequence of pretty much every update for every game. Files get changed, mods stop working.

Back
Top Bottom