Patch Notes e1.5.9

Users who are viewing this thread

This lack of real feedback regarding a new update is ridiculous. I have no words left.

Thank You Terco_Viejo for the link. I do not want to imagine the impact on the next Youtube suggestions, I will get...

And sad but true, I will abandon SOON(TM) now. There is no hope. NEVER(TM) rules the Bannerlord realm.

You could afford to give them a bit of slack. They are probably suffering from COVID-19 just as any other would. It's disappointing, yes, that we have barely gotten a thing done but that doesn't mean we aren't ever going to. If nothing changes by the end of 2021, then we despair, because surely by then it will be a real indication of what is to come...and not.

You could afford to give them a bit of slack. They are probably suffering from COVID-19 just as any other would. It's disappointing, yes, that we have barely gotten a thing done but that doesn't mean we aren't ever going to. If nothing changes by the end of 2021, then we despair, because surely by then it will be a real indication of what is to come...and not.
Thank You for Your answer. But even constraints caused by pandemics or rival internal projects could be voiced and mentioned.
I wish us all the best with Bannerlord, but my faith is waning hard.

How is this link not removed by mods yet? It's clearly copyrighted material not to be utilized as, "public domain".

But seriously... patch today? Potato wagons when? @mexxico @Callum

Something is brewing today and my intuition tells me they're trying to push for a patch today (no evidence other than steamdb and timing)
There always seems to be an issue when they try to push their in-house patch to steam. Something hitches or some unforeseen bug that
was never there in the in-house version.
mexxico is on vacation for 2 weeks just an fyi

Thank You for Your answer. But even constraints caused by pandemics or rival internal projects could be voiced and mentioned.
I wish us all the best with Bannerlord, but my faith is waning hard.

That's true about the voicing part, but it is probably just assumed that we understand COVID has made things harder for them.

That will piss people off even more, so no.
With this way of thinking, TW should close the forum and never post any message. Because every patchnote will piss off many people, every message will piss off people, so let's keep radio silence and say nothing.

What really pisses people here is the hush-hush policy. Community feels itself abandoned and it really makes people angry.

With this way of thinking, TW should close the forum and never post any message. Because every patchnote will piss off many people, every message will piss off people, so let's keep radio silence and say nothing.

What really pisses people here is the hush-hush policy. Community feels itself abandoned and it really makes people angry.
You should understand that there are different types of statements. Saying something like "We couldn't meet the deadline due to the pandemic" will sound like an excuse, and that's not professional. People will hate it even more than a patch note. Besides, people already said they don't care if TW is ridden with covid or whatever.

As you said yourself, even silence is met with anger in this community. What do you think excuses will bring? There are times when you should keep your mouth shut.

Edit: PR people can't bad-mouth their coworkers in public either, so no "Yeah sorry guys but this one guy in management rejected it," or, "Our devs lack the skills to implement it."

The people who will react with anger to any reasonable explanation are a small minority even on this "angry" forum. Just because trolls like these always exist, it's not an excuse for TW NOT to offer explanations about why features get delayed.
Every time a dev tried to explain something, the most negative people had at least neutral reactions, as they appreciated the communication at least, if not the message. (except for the MP forum and its users, but they are always like that)
So, the lack of communication is the real problem, not the forum users.

The people who will react with anger to any reasonable explanation are a small minority even on this "angry" forum. Just because trolls like these always exist, it's not an excuse for TW NOT to offer explanations about why features get delayed.
Every time a dev tried to explain something, the most negative people had at least neutral reactions, as they appreciated the communication at least, if not the message. (except for the MP forum and its users, but they are always like that)
So, the lack of communication is the real problem, not the forum users.
I was replying to "constraints caused by pandemics or rival internal projects could be voiced and mentioned." Both of these are unlikely to happen because they sound like the company is making excuses, and it's bad for their image. This is very different from a dev explaining a feature or discussing a suggestion.

People already don't care about the covid excuse, as it's been a year, so there's really no reason to sound that excuse now. Then the second point, explaining a rival internal project, most likely referring to that sci-fi game in the rumor. Doing that will not only piss people off because it implies that Bannerlord is semi-abandoned, it's also a bad idea because they will be making the same mistake as they did in Bannerlord many years ago, announcing way too early, so why would they do it?

I wouldnt call the reactions to a dev responding, neutral.... They were passive agressive at best. Often mocking and otherwise jabbing jokes at the devs expenses. I get that people want more communication. But every time they get it they lash out.

The last hotfix that reduced MP freezes (or should, dident get a chance to test it yet) was mocked in the ground when it came out. Neutral reaction my ass. Some people actually acted offended that it came out and only fixed MP screen freezes....

People on these forums seem very unaware about how toxic they come across. Or they dont care, which is also possible; but then dont be suprised when communication crawls down to a halt.

Bannerlord+is+out+now_c9d9a3_7621221.jpg

Today is the day

Anyone making excuses for the lack of communication and the absence of a detailed roadmap is either a fanboi or just plain ignorant. I could go out now and show you a dozen games in various development stages that actually engage with their players and have a much more-detailed roadmap that they share with them.

Empyrion, Hardspace: Shipbreaker, Medieval Dynasty, Deep Rock Galactic, Phasmophobia, Valheim, Satisfactory, Manor Lords, to name a few. Most of them have a detailed plan, execute against the plan, but, more importantly, communicate what is going on, and take feedback seriously. In some of them, I've had EA developers engage directly on Discord. One game actually shares its damn Jira board and another posts a message to a Discord channel. Most, or all, of them are smaller companies with less resources and they manage to do this, Covid or not.

TW has leadership that was not ready to manage a team of this size/project of this scope. They need to bring in some actual Scrum Masters and Product Owners that can keep the old guard in a box and drive this clown car to its final destination.

Back
Top Bottom