Patch Notes e1.5.9

Users who are viewing this thread

I guess people think having to release fixes -> game is not tech-perfect from the start -> but it should be tech-perfect from the start -> having those mistakes means bad devs -> devs lack the skill to make features.

I don't think people expect something perfect from the start. They're just really surprised at how incomplete and buggy the game is given then time for which it has been in development. Bannerlord isn't just a little bit behind schedule after all.

Well then, it would benefit people if they tried to learn a bit more about game development. I used to make games with Ruby and bug fixing/tracking was a nightmare. The process is a lot harder than most people realize.
Several people on this forum have also worked in game development ... yet they are still distinctly underwhelmed and critical of Bannerlord's development. Are you really saying that critics of Bannerlords development are just ignorant (unlike you?)... I hope not. There are many fair minded but still critical people on the forums.

Several people on this forum have also worked in game development ... yet they are still distinctly underwhelmed and critical of Bannerlord's development. Are you really saying that critics of Bannerlords development are just ignorant (unlike you?)... I hope not. There are many fair minded but still critical people on the forums.

If that is what you got from my replies, I'm astounded. I can only suggest you go back at least one page and read a bit more before you comment further on my intent.

From Stalking the forums over the past year it seems that one major reason for people being iffy with taleworlds is the silence, little to no word from devs in some areas leads to speculation, no response to the speculation leads many to take speculation as fact. But silence isn't exactly a bad thing. Look at NoMansSky, after the bad release they went underground for a long time until they had fixed issues and started pumping out meaningful updates.

I choose to believe that's what's going on with taleworlds at the moment; they're keeping away from the forums because of how negative it's being and are keeping their heads down working until they're at a place they're happy with the base game & features.

at least that hotfix absolves people from waitng for a bigger patch this week. since why would they get a hotfix out when they plan on releasing a bigger patch a few days later.

From Stalking the forums over the past year it seems that one major reason for people being iffy with taleworlds is the silence, little to no word from devs in some areas leads to speculation, no response to the speculation leads many to take speculation as fact. But silence isn't exactly a bad thing. Look at NoMansSky, after the bad release they went underground for a long time until they had fixed issues and started pumping out meaningful updates.

I choose to believe that's what's going on with taleworlds at the moment; they're keeping away from the forums because of how negative it's being and are keeping their heads down working until they're at a place they're happy with the base game & features.

Yeah, I think you may be right in some ways here. If your idea is right though... about Taleworlds Devs mostly avoiding these forums because of negativity.. that's sad... I mean... it's kind of like a commercial company shutting down it's Customer Services department because they don't like the phone calls they keep getting from angry customers.

Yeah, I think you may be right in some ways here. If your idea is right though... about Taleworlds Devs mostly avoiding these forums because of negativity.. that's kind of like a commercial company shutting down it's Customer Services department because they don't like the phone calls they keep getting from angry customers.
Which they DO! Have you tried calling customer service for anything lately? Last time I did (with my phone company, hardly a small business) there was no human contact at all just a computer. It's an absolute waste of time and resources to provide emotional punching bags so people can vent the frustration your (faulty) product causes. Coming here and replying to these kinda posts litterally only has downsides lol why in the world would they do that.

Another hotfix
exactly-bro-uhzj3f.jpg

TW aren't releasing a patch as they are working on their new game, Mount and blade 3 Hotfixlord.

Looks like I might be right that we wont get a patch this month. I was half kidding when I said that. TW just never ceases to amaze me with their incompetence. Is this game being developed by a bunch of interns? ?

Lastly, If I see another Battanian armour piece on the next patch, I'm going lose my sh*t.

Death, taxes and SiegeAiNotWorking™

at least that hotfix absolves people from waitng for a bigger patch this week. since why would they get a hotfix out when they plan on releasing a bigger patch a few days later.
No and a MP fix is basically a NOTHING fix to most players :razz:

"We pushed out a small update aimed at tackling the fps drops in Multiplayer."
@NIN3 @Dejan Is the 12mb Hotfix just this issue, is there anything else we should know?

Not sure where to leave this tid bit, but I know this thread is well monitored so guess here is fine. I noticed a typo in regards to the Mercenary Calvary unit that's stopping its shield from being equipped:

In spnpccharacters.xml
Code:
  <NPCCharacter id="mercenary_9"
                default_group="Cavalry"
                is_hero="false"
                level="26"
                name="{=SaqVvzyV}Mercenary Cavalry"
                occupation="Mercenary"
                culture="Culture.neutral_culture">
    <face>
      <face_key_template value="BodyProperty.fighter_empire" />
    </face>
    <skills>
      <skill id="Athletics"
             value="80" />
      <skill id="Riding"
             value="130" />
      <skill id="OneHanded"
             value="130" />
      <skill id="TwoHanded"
             value="80" />
      <skill id="Polearm"
             value="130" />
      <skill id="Bow"
             value="60" />
      <skill id="Crossbow"
             value="20" />
      <skill id="Throwing"
             value="60" />
    </skills>
    <Equipments>
      <EquipmentRoster>
        <equipment slot="Item0"
                   id="Item.western_spear_3_t3" />
        <equipment slot="Item1"
                   id="Item.fortified_kite_shield" />
        <equipment slot="Item1"
                   id="Item.empire_sword_5_t4" />
        <equipment slot="Leg"
                   id="Item.strapped_shoes" />
        <equipment slot="Body"
                   id="Item.empire_horseman_armor" />
        <equipment slot="Head"
                   id="Item.ironlame_feathered_spangenhelm_over_mail" />
        <equipment slot="Horse"
                   id="Item.empire_horse" />
        <equipment slot="HorseHarness"
                   id="Item.light_harness" />
        <equipment slot="Gloves"
                   id="Item.leather_gloves" />
      </EquipmentRoster>
      <EquipmentSet id="empire_troop_civilian_template_t3"
                    civilian="true" />
    </Equipments>
  </NPCCharacter>

Sword should be Item2 not Item1, I guess as is just overwrites the shield as an item since it is Item1 first.

Simple fix and would stop Mercenary Cavalry from being so gimped due to the lack of a shield. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why they didn't have one "for balance reasons" and now I know. Not passing any judgement here as I know simple typos have costed me hours of having to pour over code again and or hurt other professional titles.

Not sure where to leave this tid bit, but I know this thread is well monitored so guess here is fine. I noticed a typo in regards to the Mercenary Calvary unit that's stopping its shield from being equipped:

In spnpccharacters.xml
Code:
                default_group="Cavalry"
                is_hero="false"
                level="26"
                occupation="Mercenary"
    <face>
    </face>
    <skills>
      <skill id="Athletics"
             value="80" />
      <skill id="Riding"
             value="130" />
      <skill id="OneHanded"
             value="130" />
      <skill id="TwoHanded"
             value="80" />
      <skill id="Polearm"
             value="130" />
      <skill id="Bow"
             value="60" />
      <skill id="Crossbow"
             value="20" />
      <skill id="Throwing"
             value="60" />
    </skills>
    <Equipments>
      <EquipmentRoster>
        <equipment slot="Item0"
        <equipment slot="Item1"
        <equipment slot="Item1"
        <equipment slot="Leg"
        <equipment slot="Body"
        <equipment slot="Head"
        <equipment slot="Horse"
        <equipment slot="Gloves"
      </EquipmentRoster>
                    civilian="true" />
    </Equipments>
  </NPCCharacter>

Sword should be Item2 not Item1, I guess as is just overwrites the shield as an item since it is Item1 first.

Simple fix and would stop Mercenary Cavalry from being so gimped due to the lack of a shield. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why they didn't have one "for balance reasons" and now I know. Not passing any judgement here as I know simple typos have costed me hours of having to pour over code again and or hurt other professional titles.
Nice find ?

Well that's what Developers generally do.

That said it's not too hard to figure out they are working on getting the game prepped for Consoles. That's their next big sale.

Reality is the PC market is more or less over with. I'm sure the game is still selling a couple dozen here and there, but truthfully even ending EA isn't going to see a big sale spike. Guessing Bannerlord sold 4-5 million copies at EA start which isn't too bad, but yeah a year old game is not going to suddenly +1 million more.

Well it COULD over time if TW had really hunkered down and gotten Bannerlord something close to what was promised. Also not helping is mods are constantly being broken and I think a good portion of the community is losing patience now. Those of us still playing are just free beta/QA testers at this point. Frankly I'm not sure how Console Gamers will react to Bannerlord, IMO it's really not suited for that environment just in terms of control. Kind of like releasing Starcraft on the N64 - I mean yeah you can do it, but it's going to pale in comparison.

That said I can't see Console Gamers being to happy with current Siege A.I. and or other things. Though truthfully I imagine relatively few people will play the game long enough to experience more then a couple sieges before they move on, so maybe it'll fly under the radar there too.

The Bannerlord you see today is more or less the Bannerlord you're going to see a year from now. If we're lucky the new battle terrain will come out this July which will be a welcome change, but will likely introduce it's own problems. Smithing will likely remain broken/incomplete with the only meaningful change being you can't craft 100K+ items anymore. But I'd like to be wrong.

In spnpccharacters.xml
Code:
                default_group="Cavalry"
                is_hero="false"
                level="26"
                occupation="Mercenary"
    <face>
    </face>
    <skills>
      <skill id="Athletics"
             value="80" />
      <skill id="Riding"
             value="130" />
      <skill id="OneHanded"
             value="130" />
      <skill id="TwoHanded"
             value="80" />
      <skill id="Polearm"
             value="130" />
      <skill id="Bow"
             value="60" />
      <skill id="Crossbow"
             value="20" />
      <skill id="Throwing"
             value="60" />
    </skills>
    <Equipments>
      <EquipmentRoster>
        <equipment slot="Item0"
        <equipment slot="Item1"
        <equipment slot="Item1"
        <equipment slot="Leg"
        <equipment slot="Body"
        <equipment slot="Head"
        <equipment slot="Horse"
        <equipment slot="Gloves"
      </EquipmentRoster>
                    civilian="true" />
    </Equipments>
  </NPCCharacter>

I thought they loosing their shield at max rank was a feature for more damage

Back
Top Bottom