Patch Notes e1.5.9

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe there should be some sort of system that justifies executions. A bounty system of sorts. The more a lord raids your villages/sieges your castles, and kills your companions/family members/lords, the less the relation penalty should be for executing him. It would be cool to see a little icon depicting such information on a lord so that you know who's F-ing you over the most. Can give it colors like this: green (no bounty, unjustified execution), yellow (slightly justified), orange (highly justified), red (extremely justified).

People that just raid your villages etc (petty things)would justify for an execution, but definitely not as much, but it can stack up in time if they do it a lot for years. As for killing your family/lords, it would reduce penalties of killing the lords a lot more, making it more of a justified execution. But the same way, if you execute a lord that hadn't really done anything to you directly or very little then the penalties would be more severe. And we also need their traits to matter [-honorable (good traits) + positive relations] with you would decrease probability for them to do actions that would make their execution justifiable (but there's still a chance), and [dishonorable (bastard traits) and - negative relations] would increase likelihood of them doing such actions. It's not too in-depth or complex, it would just breathe some well-needed life into the world... otherwise I don't understand the point of having traits to begin with, if they don't influence anything apart of some dialogue success chances...

The same way a player should be punished - if he just goes around and executes everyone and raids/pillages, then the lords owning certain fiefs/or faction rulers will find it justifiable to execute the player eventually if they manage to capture him. They could also hire mercenaries to specifically go after high-bounty targets. And finally we would have some main character deaths... The bounty would increase more the more renown you get, as well. But if you killed a bunch of lords you would also gain more renown from that. I mean, this system can be really cool if TW just considers the ideas a bit! If they do this then justifiable executions would be a more preferable idea of characters dying rather that dying so easily on the battlefield. Yes, death on battlefield should also happen, but make them more rare. And executions (by both player and lords) would make for a very interesting and dynamic relation system going on. The more "bastard" a lord is, the more chances he does unjustified executions as well, so you better watch out not to lose to such, or your heir might have to revenge you one day and you won't live to see it. I mean, they can make such a good system, it feels like a shame not to try to implement it.
Agreed! As there is absolutly no religion in the game, which is a shame (even though I'm an atheist), a feud system would bring so much "life" to this medieval sandbox.

Patch status.....Never™

Guys, we're in hotfix limbo. I actually can't believe that we just had another hotfix. What an absolute shambles ? unbelievable Jeff!

its better than no hotfix
Yes but to be honest, i would prefer if they waited a bit and combined multiple hotfixes that are not realy that "hot" into one larger midpatch-update or something like that. Would make it more interesting to see the patchnotes and it could also let them focus on one real test phase instead of testing every single fix extra.
And as a bonus this could give them an option to integrate some content that would usualy come with a new major patch in their fixes. For example thinks like a few new maps or some balancing stuff from mexxico and other less testintensive changes. When they did it like this it would keep more players engaged without much more work and Development would look more active.

Yes but to be honest, i would prefer if they waited a bit and combined multiple hotfixes that are not realy that "hot" into one larger midpatch-update or something like that. Would make it more interesting to see the patchnotes and it could alsolet them focus on one real test phase instead of testing every single fix extra.

I kinda agree, but for serious performance issues, the hotfixes should hit immediately when they are ready. Especially in MP. You can't play with or against others if you are dropping to a snail pace.

Huh. 12mb of hotfix. Must be pretty significant.
Yes but to be honest, i would prefer if they waited a bit and combined multiple hotfixes that are not realy that "hot" into one larger midpatch-update or something like that.
It's a fix, not a feature update. The faster it gets out the better, as there are people experiencing the problems the hotfix is supposed to be fixing. Even if the hotfix fails to solve it, that testing itself is valuable info for the devs.

Besides, more fix means the engine is getting more stable. That means we're closer to the "pumping out features" phase.

Huh. 12mb of hotfix. Must be pretty significant.

It's a fix, not a feature update. The faster it gets out the better, as there are people experiencing the problems the hotfix is supposed to be fixing. Even if the hotfix fails to solve it, that testing itself is valuable info for the devs.

Besides, more fix means the engine is getting more stable. That means we're closer to the "pumping out features" phase.

Haha now that is some impressive optimism. Respect.

Personally, I am starting to think that they are actually working backwards now.... and the next update will be back to 1.5.8, then 1.5.7 and 1.5.6.
That or they are secretly trying to integrate their new space game into Bannerlord with butter-feeding aliens lurking beneath every castle.

Last edited:
Well it is optimism, but not a baseless one. From my experience as a programmer, the longest part of development is making the "base". Once that's done, adding features will be very easy and fast. On the other hand, making a feature while the base is bad takes infinitely more time. The optimism part is assuming that Bannerlord is actually at that stage.

Well i was wondering why the whole gathering labour mission suddenly had that guy intervening again to complain about it. Guess that hotfix explains that at least.

It was minor, to fix performance issues in MP, so it won't have a lot in it.
How do you know that was the fix for? Do you have insider knowledge?
It has nothing to do with optimism. If they fix more and more issues, it is more time freed for content and feature production.
How do you for sure that is going to be the outcome?

I am asking you these 2 questions because you are talking like you know in advance what will happen. Have you examine and paid attention to the past performance of TW? It seems you are a veteran, so I would be surprise that you haven't. What is the source of your confidence and optimism when past experience says the complete opposite. Just curious.

How do you know that was the fix for? Do you have insider knowledge?

A little digging around the forum would have yielded you the answer, but yes, I have insider knowledge. lol

How do you for sure that is going to be the outcome?

I am asking you these 2 questions because you are talking like you know in advance what will happen. Have you examine and paid attention to the past performance of TW? It seems you are a veteran, so I would be surprise that you haven't. What is the source of your confidence and optimism when past experience says the complete opposite. Just curious.

Oooh, someone is a little grumpy today.

And because that's how game development works? lol Once they tackle bugs and basic feature foundations, they move onto larger features. They even said this about the banners in game, that it is "pending another feature". You can fetch that information yourself. So you would know more about the game if you looked it up more and read the forums beyond complaining.

A little digging around the forum would have yielded you the answer, but yes, I have insider knowledge. lol

Oooh, someone is a little grumpy today.

And because that's how game development works? lol Once they tackle bugs and basic feature foundations, they move onto larger features. They even said this about the banners in game, that it is "pending another feature". You can fetch that information yourself. So you would know more about the game if you looked it up more and read the forums beyond complaining.
Thanks for sharing the info. Grumpy pants is grumpy! lol that's funny. No, I am not grumpy, lol.

So you mentioning the banners, that is still not released, and it was posted several months ago (more than half a year), so it proves that "once they tackle bugs and basic feature foundations, they move onto larger features" does not apply to TW, because for the last 5 to 6 months, they have kept pumping out "fixes", etc that causes more crashes, etc, and not released any even small content like the banners.

I really do not understand how people can still be hopeful or optimistic for TW. And why do people assume I am grumpy? grumpy pants is grumpy!

Thanks for sharing the info. Grumpy pants is grumpy! lol that's funny. No, I am not grumpy, lol.

So you mentioning the banners, that is still not released, and it was posted several months ago (more than half a year), so it proves that "once they tackle bugs and basic feature foundations, they move onto larger features" does not apply to TW, because for the last 5 to 6 months, they have kept pumping out "fixes", etc that causes more crashes, etc, and not released any even small content like the banners.

I really do not understand how people can still be hopeful or optimistic for TW. And why do people assume I am grumpy? grumpy pants is grumpy!

Wait...how does pumping out fixes, because the game needs it, prove that they will NOT tackle larger features when the foundation of the game is stable?

Wait...how does pumping out fixes, because the game needs it, prove that they will NOT tackle larger features when the foundation of the game is stable?
I guess people think having to release fixes -> game is not tech-perfect from the start -> but it should be tech-perfect from the start -> having those mistakes means bad devs -> devs lack the skill to make features.

I guess people think having to release fixes -> game is not tech-perfect from the start -> but it should be tech-perfect from the start -> having those mistakes means bad devs -> devs lack the skill to make features.

Well then, it would benefit people if they tried to learn a bit more about game development. I used to make games with Ruby and bug fixing/tracking was a nightmare. The process is a lot harder than most people realize.

Back
Top Bottom