Patch Notes e1.5.9

Users who are viewing this thread

it surprises me everytime how much incompetence they were able to gather in one single company. i guess its an achievment in itself. one rare bugfix leads to multiple crashes and more instability then before.
I don't want to be antagonistic but I started playing since 1.5.6 and never got any critical bug.
Except that graphic glitch with the noble bracer, but it was quickly resolved.

I am very sorry to see that the game progressed rather little, I hope that in a few months it will be different, but heck, more than a year has passed ... more than a damn year. I remember repeating a few weeks after they released the game "oh you see, in 5 months the game will improve a lot". Words were blown away by the wind and my desire to play the game was taken away by TaleWorlds

I just noticed something. Turns out they fixed a bug I reported a week ago (which MArda replied to and forwarded to the devs) with the latest hotfix, but it's not in the patch notes. Might mean that they achieve more than they say in the patch notes. Might also be a sign of flawed internal communication, but from my personal experience, programmers don't like reporting small fixes.

Last edited:
I just noticed something. Turns out they fixed a bug I reported a week ago (which MArda replied to and forwarded to the devs) with the latest hotfix, but it's not in the patch notes. Might mean that they achieve more than they say in the patch notes. Might also be a sign of flawed internal communication, but from my personal experience, programmers don't like reporting small fixes.
I remember in a patch we also had more perks/perk effects introduced than the patch notes were mentioning, so this must be a recurent thing. It's not a bad thing per se, but it did make me wonder a bunch if some more subtle things like leveling progression in general/or particular skills experience gain were tackled or not

I remember in a patch we also had more perks/perk effects introduced than the patch notes were mentioning, so this must be a recurent thing. It's not a bad thing per se, but it did make me wonder a bunch if some more subtle things like leveling progression in general/or particular skills experience gain were tackled or not
You are setting yourself up for wishful thinking and fantasies about Santa devs. If you think you see a change, be skeptical about it until you get a confirmation from elsewhere, because you might be imagining improvements. Don't let the Stockholm Syndrome win!

I just upgraded from a very old game to this. I went with a new download entirely. I'm having a lot of performance issues with it, though. It stutters like crazy even on low, and especially so when I turn my camera. Doesn't matter if I'm on the world map, the menus, in town or in a building. It's really bad. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Hmm, well I certainly exceed the requirements and have had zero problems before, so I'll try a complete new install. Hopefully it fixes after that. Thanks Dean Beecham!

Hmm, well I certainly exceed the requirements and have had zero problems before, so I'll try a complete new install. Hopefully it fixes after that. Thanks Dean Beecham!
Just a thought. Maybe try resetting your settings? As you've already uninstalled, I suspect there's an issue with the config file (as it doesn't get deleted just like the save files). Maybe it has some old config lines that screw up performance. I think the file is in Documents.

Just a thought. Maybe try resetting your settings? As you've already uninstalled, I suspect there's an issue with the config file (as it doesn't get deleted just like the save files). Maybe it has some old config lines that screw up performance. I think the file is in Documents.

That's a good suggestion! I never thought to do this with Bannerlord. lol Thanks Grank, I'll do that now! :smile:

E1
Well that is strange. I delete it and as soon as I launch the game, it restores the exact same folder—complete with config and saves! Whatever could be going on. lol

E2
Oh. Cloud save was enabled and was restoring it. Sadly, even then, the stuttering persisted. New install after a registry clean, so there was no trace of Bannerlord left on my PC. No new documents generation helped either. Drivers are up to date, installed clean last night. Steam is up to date, too. Hmm. :neutral:

E3

Well, I found the reason, I think. Anything higher than FXAA causes incredibly amounts of stuttering. FXAA has stuttering, but it's so minor it's ignorable. I used to run it on the highest setting without issue, at least that's what I remember using. My PC should be able to handle it no problem, and at the highest possibly settings I was only using about 3GB of 6GB VRAM.

Are the Temporal settings just buggy right now, or for far more capable computers than an i7-8700k, RTX 260 Super KO and 16GB 3200mhz?

Last edited:
That's a good suggestion! I never thought to do this with Bannerlord. lol Thanks Grank, I'll do that now! :smile:

E1
Well that is strange. I delete it and as soon as I launch the game, it restores the exact same folder—complete with config and saves! Whatever could be going on. lol

E2
Oh. Cloud save was enabled and was restoring it. Sadly, even then, the stuttering persisted. New install after a registry clean, so there was no trace of Bannerlord left on my PC. No new documents generation helped either. Drivers are up to date, installed clean last night. Steam is up to date, too. Hmm. :neutral:

E3

Well, I found the reason, I think. Anything higher than FXAA causes incredibly amounts of stuttering. FXAA has stuttering, but it's so minor it's ignorable. I used to run it on the highest setting without issue, at least that's what I remember using. My PC should be able to handle it no problem, and at the highest possibly settings I was only using about 3GB of 6GB VRAM.

Are the Temporal settings just buggy right now, or for far more capable computers than an i7-8700k, RTX 260 Super KO and 16GB 3200mhz?
I owe you 1000 jars of butter, my game went back to work after I reduced it

Back
Top Bottom