Patch Notes e1.5.9

Users who are viewing this thread

i wonder what will release first, star citizen or bannerlord. any bets?
Easy one, Bannerlord will be released first at the end of the year.

TW wants to focus on their new game while Chris Roberts is only working on Star Citizen. Also Chris Roberts can just get like infinite money if he keeps selling new space ships to his customers while TW will only make more money with Bannerlord when they release it again as a final version.

At least I don´t think they make that much sales anymore compared to the first 1-2 months after the EA release because the hype train crashed.

I´m more afraid what will happen after the Bannerlord release, I don´t expect a good support from TW if there will be any bugs after the release. And I don´t think we´ll get more content after the final release from TW.

Just my 2 cents.

Easy one, Bannerlord will be released first at the end of the year.

TW wants to focus on their new game while Chris Roberts is only working on Star Citizen. Also Chris Roberts can just get like infinite money if he keeps selling new space ships to his customers while TW will only make more money with Bannerlord when they release it again as a final version.

At least I don´t think they make that much sales anymore compared to the first 1-2 months after the EA release because the hype train crashed.

I´m more afraid what will happen after the Bannerlord release, I don´t expect a good support from TW if there will be any bugs after the release. And I don´t think we´ll get more content after the final release from TW.

Just my 2 cents.
you think they won´t release dlcs? i don´t know about that. it´s basicly extra money

you think they won´t release dlcs? i don´t know about that. it´s basicly extra money
Yes, but they don´t want to make this game more "complex" and we also have mods. So what DLC should we expect? More hair cuts?

Or something elementary like a diplomancy system? I don´t think so. Also just look at the EA progress where they should focus on the development on Bannerlord, I mean there is no real progress. And the progress TW makes is very very slow. In my opinion the last meaningful feature were the rebellions and the next and last one will be the region system.*

No, I don´t think we´ll get any meaningful DLC that´s worth more than 4,99€ and that will expand the game in any useful way.

They´ll just move on to their space game and repeat the Bannerlord history: Hype it with trailers, dev blogs, release EA, cut off a lot of the shown stuff before, work on the next game, release space game and repeat.

EDIT:

*Like fixing siege AI or the smithing system, that´s no real progress or content for me, that´s stuff that should be working already like months ago. But I know, it´s not a priority for TW, like banners :sad:

I mean modders have already proven that they can add banners in some way into the game. And that improved my gameplaye experience, they just look cool in big battles. Why can´t TW use a placeholder system like those "simple" mods?

They could, if they want, easily add them like the modders did and say something like "It´s not the final version of the banners, but it´s better than nothing we hope." I guess the community would love it, TW wouldn´t need that much work to add them like the modders did and everyone would be happy.

But of course this would mean that TW is really interested in things the community likes and they need to communicate with us like saying "not final" but instead they´ve said "we´ll add them later at some point" and we´ll never hear anything about them again until day X arrives.

Have they said anything about the "place troops before battle starts" perk which got silently removed but "we´ll add this option later"? I don´t think so, this would also improve the game for all players. I´m not even sure if they remember that they had this perk :grin:

What´s their communication with us overall? They drop a patch/hotfix and release the patch notes, that´s all since half a year or so. Some devs like Mexxico/Duh/the ones I forgot are telling us some stuff otherwise we would know nothing.

I mean, what should we expect with the next update? Bug fixes? Region system? New hair cuts? It´s a secret until it´s released. Yea, great communication from their side. And how do they react to the all feedback/suggestions in their official forum? There is no reaction...the thread where Duh answered some stuff (not really but he tried at least) needed like 7+ pages to get at least some reaction from TW.

So many good suggestions/improvements threads in this forum, all this time wasted by players who love this game without any reaction from TW, it´s just sad for an tripple A price EA game. There is not a single EA game I own (I own a lot) with worse communication than Bannerlord. And Bannerlord is by far the most expensive EA game I´ve ever bought :grin: .

Just check Dejans/Callums activity in their profile. They have like 2-4 posts each week and then remove the release notes posts and you get like 1-2. Remove the posts that don´t say anything about suggetions/feedback/upcoming features and you have 0.

Last edited:
Yes, but they don´t want to make this game more "complex" and we also have mods. So what DLC should we expect? More hair cuts?

Or something elementary like a diplomancy system? I don´t think so. Also just look at the EA progress where they should focus on the development on Bannerlord, I mean there is no real progress. And the progress TW makes is very very slow. In my opinion the last meaningful feature were the rebellions and the next and last one will be the region system.*

No, I don´t think we´ll get any meaningful DLC that´s worth more than 4,99€ and that will expand the game in any useful way.

They´ll just move on to their space game and repeat the Bannerlord history: Hype it with trailers, dev blogs, release EA, cut off a lot of the shown stuff before, work on the next game, release space game and repeat.

EDIT:

*Like fixing siege AI or the smithing system, that´s no real progress or content for me, that´s stuff that should be working already like months ago. But I know, it´s not a priority for TW, like banners :sad:

I mean modders have already proven that they can add banners in some way into the game. And that improved my gameplaye experience, they just look cool in big battles. Why can´t TW use a placeholder system like those "simple" mods?

They could, if they want, easily add them like the modders did and say something like "It´s not the final version of the banners, but it´s better than nothing we hope." I guess the community would love it, TW wouldn´t need that much work to add them like the modders did and everyone would be happy.

But of course this would mean that TW is really interested in things the community likes and they need to communicate with us like saying "not final" but instead they´ve said "we´ll add them later at some point" and we´ll never hear anything about them again until day X arrives.

Have they said anything about the "place troops before battle starts" perk which got silently removed but "we´ll add this option later"? I don´t think so, this would also improve the game for all players. I´m not even sure if they remember that they had this perk :grin:

What´s their communication with us overall? They drop a patch/hotfix and release the patch notes, that´s all since half a year or so. Some devs like Mexxico/Duh/the ones I forgot are telling us some stuff otherwise we would know nothing.

I mean, what should we expect with the next update? Bug fixes? Region system? New hair cuts? It´s a secret until it´s released. Yea, great communication from their side. And how do they react to the all feedback/suggestions in their official forum? There is no reaction...the thread where Duh answered some stuff (not really but he tried at least) needed like 7+ pages to get at least some reaction from TW.

So many good suggestions/improvements threads in this forum, all this time wasted by players who love this game without any reaction from TW, it´s just sad for an tripple A price EA game. There is not a single EA game I own (I own a lot) with worse communication than Bannerlord. And Bannerlord is by far the most expensive EA game I´ve ever bought :grin: .

Just check Dejans/Callums activity in their profile. They have like 2-4 posts each week and then remove the release notes posts and you get like 1-2. Remove the posts that don´t say anything about suggetions/feedback/upcoming features and you have 0.
bad communication? yeah, couldn´t be worse. I think there is just 1 dev who acts as reliable source of information and he even he doesn´t do (can do) it very often.
but regarding the content i think you are wrong. correct me if i´m wrong but didn´t they say something about keep fights?
beside that, you said yourself, the game isn´t really brimming with content. i think there is plenty of room for them to rake in some more cash. new factions, diplomacy events, in game shop for armor (ok, the last one is made up, i don´t think they are totally evil). it´s also much easier for them to add something to a existing game then coming up with something entirely new. if it´s worth more then 4.99 that´s up to you to decide. if they go on with what they do, i personally am disappointed enough, i wouldn´t buy anything from them again. regardless what it is.
i don´t think they are already done with the game. could ofc be wrong, but for the sake of everyone who still believes in TW, i hope i´m right.

Great, so what's the next rare bug to fix?
-Fixed a crashed that occurred when stabbing a sheep outside the Onira castle with a Thamaskeen sword.
-Fixed a crashed that occurred when the player accidentally hits a particular tree in a particular battle map with a bow and arrow.

At this rate, we won't be getting a patch until the next month. Great job as always guys. keep up the good work.

Great, so what's the next rare bug to fix?
-Fixed a crashed that occurred when stabbing a sheep outside the Onira castle with a Thamaskeen sword.
-Fixed a crashed that occurred when the player accidentally hits a particular tree in a particular battle map with a bow and arrow.

At this rate, we won't be getting a patch until the next month. Great job as always guys. keep up the good work.
:grin::grin:

So what DLC should we expect? More hair cuts?
I bet we gonna get viking invasion DLC, since berserkers and other "viking" units were removed from sturgia roster. So sturgia became 100 % slavic faction, before it was mixed. They won't dare drop most popular viking faction and loose good profit from selling this DLC.

I bet we gonna get viking invasion DLC, since berserkers and other "viking" units were removed from sturgia roster. So sturgia became 100 % slavic faction, before it was mixed. They won't dare drop most popular viking faction and loose good profit from selling this DLC.
Apart from "making the profit" part - this would be pretty neat DLC and interesting addition to M&B lore...

A DLC could be nice, but to me it feels like a long journey ahead. I really hope they're not getting too far ahead of themselves, since we don't have a functional game yet.

First game worked. Second game crashed on team selection (siege).
Were you able to see the crash uploader tool? If you can upload your crash to us we can check it out. Please don't forget to copy the Crash ID and write it here so that we can find it.
More info about the crash uploader tool can be found here.
Have you checked out these threads about our Crash Checklist and Common Issues and Workarounds? They can help you find a solution as well.

If you can use the crash uploader we can fix the crashes faster.
More info about the crash uploader tool can be found here.
Have you checked out these threads about our Crash Checklist and Common Issues and Workarounds? They can help you find a solution as well.
Out of curiosity, but if theres a crash checklist and list of common issues why dont these get fixed? Are they not occuring often enough to spend any time on or are they too difficult to fix? Not trying to be snarky, just wondering.

I think an Chinese/Japanese DLC will be good. Just so that the game can have native Chinese/Japanese assets like voices and stuff NPCs carry in towns, so modders can have easier time working on those settings.

Out of curiosity, but if theres a crash checklist and list of common issues why dont these get fixed? Are they not occuring often enough to spend any time on or are they too difficult to fix? Not trying to be snarky, just wondering.
For some of these issues listed there are not anything that we can do to prevent. For example if the game files are downloaded corrupt or missing you need to verify the files. There are some stuff that we need to fix like memory leaks but it is an ongoing process. We fix some, then a week later we found out more.

For some of these issues listed there are not anything that we can do to prevent. For example if the game files are downloaded corrupt or missing you need to verify the files. There are some stuff that we need to fix like memory leaks but it is an ongoing process. We fix some, then a week later we found out more.

Bannerlord is the only game that I have this issue with. I had never even heard of verifying files before this game and now I have to do it every update. It certainly could be a flaw in Steam but something about Bannerlord's structure or how it is deployed exacerbates it.

Back
Top Bottom