Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

When all crossbows will be for sale? Right now even reasonably (6-9k) prosperous town with wood workshop and access to hardwood won't produce anything but light xbow, arbalest (in Vlandia) and hickory (in Empire), while noble bows and top-tier throwing weapons are in stock. Technically you can get bound xbow as loot from vlandians, but only bent one...

@dannazgu

These are four random NPC screenshots from 1.5.8. See the problem with the heads?This bug has been recurring since the beginning of EA and is due to "alterations" that Taleworlds has made to skins.xml, presumably. 10 months ago. Small heads and huge body.
dHtOL.jpg
xzpv8yrk38s41.png

Here is a comparison I made for you. We will take it one by one:

ddzvL.jpg

On the top left you have one of the new battanian helmet models; from "ingame" (left) to how it looks in the editor (right), there is a noticeable difference don't you think?. That said, this deformation is what causes the mess in skins.xml I told you about. The head size problem is solvable, however; while conceptually most helmet designs look nice, the 3d execution is not. There are widespread inconsistencies where the helmets appear to be made of paper, lacking any padding to emulate skull protection...some too narrow, some too flat or excessively pointed (see imperial "bell" helmet in bottom right corner). This causes a rather ugly effect where the heads appear to be constrained sideways at the temples.

If you look at the models on the left (original) you can see this paper effect. On the other hand in the modified one (by me in the editor) I think that the construction is closer to reality.

Obviously there are things in the game that need more priority than this, however for me, seeing these deformed helmets together with that bulky/fatty effect where the armour is deformed... boy, that breaks my immersion.

I highly doubt this will be reviewed and rectified; there are quite a few things within the game that I write off ?? .

@dannazgu

These are four random NPC screenshots from 1.5.8. See the problem with the heads?This bug has been recurring since the beginning of EA and is due to "alterations" that Taleworlds has made to skins.xml, presumably. 10 months ago. Small heads and huge body.
dHtOL.jpg
xzpv8yrk38s41.png

Here is a comparison I made for you. We will take it one by one:

ddzvL.jpg

On the top left you have one of the new battanian helmet models; from "ingame" (left) to how it looks in the editor (right), there is a noticeable difference don't you think?. That said, this deformation is what causes the mess in skins.xml I told you about. The head size problem is solvable, however; while conceptually most helmet designs look nice, the 3d execution is not. There are widespread inconsistencies where the helmets appear to be made of paper, lacking any padding to emulate skull protection...some too narrow, some too flat or excessively pointed (see imperial "bell" helmet in bottom right corner). This causes a rather ugly effect where the heads appear to be constrained sideways at the temples.

If you look at the models on the left (original) you can see this paper effect. On the other hand in the modified one (by me in the editor) I think that the construction is closer to reality.

Obviously there are things in the game that need more priority than this, however for me, seeing these deformed helmets together with that bulky/fatty effect where the armour is deformed... boy, that breaks my immersion.

I highly doubt this will be reviewed and rectified; there are quite a few things within the game that I write off ?? .
Hey Terco, yes, i saw them!
During my gameplay at this afternoon I have found some of them too :xf-cry::xf-cry::xf-cry:
Wonder why this bug is persistent... I thought with a new game start would be fixed
I never doubt one second actually, I just stated I didn't saw them, until later during my gameplay... I even closed the game and went do something else. I had hoped many bugs would be fixed after being few months away

3 crashes in the past two days, after just playing for 1-2 minutes. uninstalled and reinstalled game and verified files. No difference. Crash data sent through automatic report. Just really annoying that this is considered the "stable" branch...

Um.... "Early Access"?!!!

What were you doing when the crashes occured?
Help them by informing them instead of complaining! :xf-smile:

Thanks!

Thanks!
Game is advertised as "mostly stable". Now i dont know what meaning you get from that but crashing after playing for 5 minutes doesnt sound like it. The guy already did all of those things you mentioned btw

Thanks!
I've also been supporting this game since day one of release. So a full year of support and this is the first time me "complaining." The patches should be making things better and more stable, not worse.

A good patch, but I would like to say a few words about the new ability to loot settlements after the assault: it is not profitable in every sense. Losses in time and cost of construction of lost buildings, loss in relations with lords, loss of prosperity are in no way compensated for by those scanty sums of money received from robbery ... Settlements are growing very little because of hunger debuffs and quests, and then there is a new problem curled up. I also think that it is necessary to add to the player's choice the consequences of refusing to rob: either loss of influence, or loss in relations with the lords in the army, and not all together. I also consider it useful to add functions to the game of prohibiting / allowing the transfer of soldiers to garrisons by detachments of members of my clan, as well as the ability to prohibit members of my clan from joining foreign armies.

Hotfix 16/03/21

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred after a disbanded caravan entered a settlement.

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue that caused starving parties that had joined an army with food supplies to continue losing troops until the end of the day.
  • Fixed a bug that caused new recruits to join a party with extra experience.

Multiplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred upon round start if a castle gate was destroyed during the warmup phase.

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue with the Clan Invite button being visible when the player was not a clan leader or officer.
  • Fixed an issue that the caused news images to not display on the Lobby screen.
  • Fixed a multiplayer login issue for the Epic Games platform.

And the pink shields won't be fixed?
Why should it be fixed in 1.5.8 if it still occurs in 1.5.9? But at least it´s rare and not game breaking. That´s the best we can hope for.

And to be fair, 1.5.9 only had some minor bugs for most players. 1.5.8 was a broken mess when it was released :grin:

Back
Top Bottom