Patch Notes e1.5.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Archer menavlion got nerfed real hard, I think. Even a one-handed bastard axe can chew it up real good.

I'll probably have to keep playing a few matches as Empire, though I guess it at least makes the heavy mace or small shield an actual option for the Palatine guard.

Am I the only one who is getting lags and lags while travelling in the map? Sieges and battles go smooth as heck but menus and map travelling it's very lagged and annoying to play

Am I the only one who is getting lags and lags while travelling in the map? Sieges and battles go smooth as heck but menus and map travelling it's very lagged and annoying to play

Do you mean a constant lag? I can get that initial 1 second lag after leaving a scene and enter the world map but after that it's pretty smooth.

On paper the changes look good for multiplayer, look forward to finishing my shift and messing around to see the differences.

Well, I don't actually notice any difference, spears still outright suck to use on foot IMO, I've had a few stabs and thrusts in my 20 minutes of playtesting this morning that definitely looked like good hits and damaging hits, bounce or do very little damage, and hits that DIDN'T look like they should have done damage actually hit quite hard. I'd like to see consistency for spears.

I tried using a pike, don't really see the point, no competent cav will usually charge you... but I did have a literal drooling mongoloid actually charge me with his menav ready to swing, on the wrong side of his horse. Ha, what a twat I thought, and released me pike thrust into his chest... BOUNCE.(Did I mention he's going full tilt with the horse into a pointy object?) Then I get oneshot by his menavlion that he released on the completely otherside of his horse from me. Well then, I guess we won't be using a pike anytime soon. Oh wait I can't even if I want to because even after 3 kills I still don't have the money to afford Voulgier again. Christ, just about sums up my average experience in Bannerlord, what an utterly retarded way to die and it just killed my urge to play any further.

Movement speed increase is literally unnoticeable also, I still have to spend 2 minutes chasing some random archer around on TDM in the quiet hours of the morning. Please start considering changing actual mechanics instead of plugging numbers in and hoping it appeases us. Just a couple of things of things that would improve QoL for people playing your game:
-Knockdowns for inf and cav should be the same, if cav falls off his horse then he should not be able to block until he is upright, or just change it so that inf can block while knocked down too.
-Give infantry an out of combat speed boost that activates after say 5 seconds, that will let them actually catch an archer.
-Slow heavy cav and heavy archers down, I just read an old post by petmonster who said classes should have a role to fill, right now heavy cav and heavy archers still just do what the light version does but better, there is no distinction. I'd also argue it's the same for heavy infantry but you took away their throwing so it's not strictly true anymore.
-For the love of god look at the hitboxes on the Glaive and Menavlion on horseback, I've got 1300 hours in the game now and I still can't be certain if the swing arc is going to hit me or not, imagine a new player trying to make sense of it.
-You've slowed maces down across the board (I actually advocated this change) but you haven't done anything with lengths, damages... not to mention the other weapons. Maces should be short, slow, but consistent damage, axes should be medium length, medium speed, medium damage but amplified against shields, swords should be long, fast and most damaging but lose that damage versus armour. Then we have choices to make when it comes to equipping weapons. (Chanelling petmonsters post here) You want asymetrical faction balance, but Sturgia's axe tendency doesn't really change any tactics, imagine if axes literally ripped apart shields in melee, you might see people sheath their shield against an axe wielding person to save it for later, or we see teams take troops without shields because they are not worth taking versus Sturgia.

Sorry for a moan but I really don't see these changes making clans play a limitless tournament any time soon.

EDIT: I also had to endure TDM as my only option to play because I was playing after night shift ended and there is no one playing skirmish early in the morning...I don't know how other regions who only have the option of TDM even play this game anymore. The gold system, the spawn system, the maps are way too big for the currently small population, the way it boots you out everytime you finish a game, and FYI autobalance is disabled again because everytime a patch comes out it somehow switches off.

Last edited:
@MArdA TaleWorlds

Sorry for tagging you, but this isn't a bug just an observation... on the NE, there two clan Serapides and Varatzes with the same sigil on their clans.

And sometimes I noticied a member of Varatzes clan belonging to Hongeros (SE) at the beggining of the game, no marriageble time in gam eplay for that to happen. Beofre start travelling I always look at the Encylopedia to see the Clans and changes made sometimes I see on development.

Thanks

Anyone else having trouble finding specific lords? I've been looking for Derthert for about 50 days - checked out the encyclopedia but I can't get into the town keeps without bribing. Still I think I would have bumped into him by now.

Fixed a bug that allowed declaring of war on a neutral clan.

Does it mean that neutral clan/kingdoms won't attack my kingdom or it's something else? I tried to create my kingdom but it got destroyed because I had only 4 castles and after that almost all kingdoms declared war on me.

Do you mean a constant lag? I can get that initial 1 second lag after leaving a scene and enter the world map but after that it's pretty smooth.
No no, while I'm travelling to one place to another it constantly stutters, this happens to me since 1.5.5

-Knockdowns for inf and cav should be the same, if cav falls off his horse then he should not be able to block until he is upright, or just change it so that inf can block while knocked down too.

It's an absolutely absurd double-standard that de-horsed cav can block while laying on the ground but archers and inf who get knocked down can't.

Freshly de-horsed cav shouldn't get a get-out-of-jail-free card when they're on the ground.

-For the love of god look at the hitboxes on the Glaive and Menavlion on horseback, I've got 1300 hours in the game now and I still can't be certain if the swing arc is going to hit me or not, imagine a new player trying to make sense of it.

Hard agree. Some of these backswings and opposite-side swings from horseback are ridiculous. Not only are they hitting, but many times they're also one-shotting (even at standstill). Not to mention most menav/glaive hits from a moving horse do just as much damage -if not more, than couched lances. An utterly broken mechanic if there is one.

@MArdA TaleWorlds
Sorry for tagging you, but this isn't a bug just an observation... on the NE, there two clan Serapides and Varatzes with the same sigil on their clans.
Thanks
Forwarded, thanks!

And sometimes I noticied a member of Varatzes clan belonging to Hongeros (SE) at the beggining of the game, no marriageble time in gam eplay for that to happen. Beofre start travelling I always look at the Encylopedia to see the Clans and changes made sometimes I see on development.
Can you provide a screenshot or a save file? We did not face this issue while looking for it.

• Added one-click orders to F4 through F9 keys. Players can now give:
    • F4 - Toggle Fire
    • F5 - Toggle Mount
    • F6 - Toggle AI
    • F7 - Face Direction
    • F8 - Shield Wall
    • F9 - Line Formation orders
Is uh.... no one going to talk about this?
Is it like the old UI option or is it a bit changed, as i don't remember shield wall being on F8. Either that or it's been tooo long since i saw the old UI...

Is uh.... no one going to talk about this?
Is it like the old UI option or is it a bit changed, as i don't remember shield wall being on F8. Either that or it's been tooo long since i saw the old UI...
I thought people already was dscussin with the UI Devs.....

These were weird changes, shieldwall never were o F8 nor line fomration on F9

I thought people already was dscussin with the UI Devs.....

These were weird changes, shieldwall never were o F8 nor line fomration on F9
Well emrozdemir said he'll look into changing the UI a bit if he can't bring back the old one. Haven't tested this one yet so I guess I'll have to see

Well emrozdemir said he'll look into changing the UI a bit if he can't bring back the old one. Haven't tested this one yet so I guess I'll have to see
Have tested myself too, but just by reading I can feel the pain

Critical commands like formation should be more easier to access, I remember everytime i chose Infantry was F2-F2 then was done.

It's wait and see now

Hotfix 21/01/21

Singleplayer
  • Fixed a crash related to trade penalties that were occurring when engaging looters.
  • Fixed the Duelist perk secondary effect, rewarding 300 renown for tournaments.
  • Fixed the issue with the sorting feature not working as intended.

Multiplayer
Combat Changes
  • All non-throwable spears can now be braced.

Troop Changes
  • Aserai
    • Skirmisher
      • Troop Count value increased from 18 to 19.
    • Tribal Warrior
      • Troop Count value increased from 22 to 23.
    • Guard
      • Troop Count value decreased from 16 to 15.
    • Archer
      • Troop Count value increased from 15 to 17.
  • Battania
    • Savage
      • Troop Count value decreased from 18 to 16.
  • Empire
    • Menavlion Infantry
      • Troop Count value decreased from 16 to 15.
    • Archer Militia
      • Troop Count value increased from 15 to 16.
  • Khuzait
    • Steppe Bow
      • Troop Count value increased from 15 to 17.
  • Vlandia
    • Voulgier
      • Troop Count value decreased from 17 to 16.

Now we have 2 ways of using "shieldwall" and "line", we can still use "F2-F2", and now we have "F8", but is kinda weird as "F2-F2" is way faster than this, really weird changes...

Great. After the hotfix I get a crash in 1.5.6 at the end of any battle, when clicking "Done" in the results window.

Edit: I'm very thankful for the mod "Better Exception Window" which allowed me to identify the problem. As expected it was a mod I used (Kill Bandits Raises Relations) which suddenly did not work any longer after the hotfix.

Last edited:
I have check it out today... and the command bar it's totally bizarre and freaks me out, you still can do F2-F2 aso select F8, it's totally weird and unpractical even confusing sometimes during issuing orders

Back
Top Bottom