Patch Notes e1.5.6

Users who are viewing this thread

After installing update 1.5.6 from EpicGamesStore, the game stopped starting. With 1.5.5 everything worked fine. Mods did not install. How to fix it?
Same happened to me on steam. Cant launch 1.5.6 game.Trying to validate the files... waiting.... Yepp , its broken
I guess we are stuck in 1.5.5 until they fix :sad:

Last edited:
IF you can't launch the game, the safest bet is the clean install. But you can try to remove the mods.
Especially check this message:
Even after the new hotfix for the launcher crashing, my launcher was still crashing, after removing the files i had from "fixed launcher" everything was back to normal, it's working fine now, if u want to give a try, delete this files

Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

Same happened to me on steam. Cant launch 1.5.6 game.Trying to validate the files... waiting.... Yepp , its broken
A couple people I know had an issue where they couldn't launch from Steam even after restarting/validating files, etc, but launching the exe from the Bannerlord folder did allow the game to launch (...steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client/Bannerlord_BL.exe). You can even login to Multiplayer, though it first takes you to the SP menus. Hope that works for you.

So, guys, I was helped by launching the game not from a shortcut on the desktop, but from Bannerlord_BE in the directory: D: \ Epic Games \ Chickadee \ bin \ Win64_Shipping_Client
Unfortunately this is only a single player game. The TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher does not work.

A couple people I know had an issue where they couldn't launch from Steam even after restarting/validating files, etc, but launching the exe from the Bannerlord folder did allow the game to launch (...steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client/Bannerlord_BL.exe). You can even login to Multiplayer, though it first takes you to the SP menus. Hope that works for you.
Thanks buddy!

Thanks for the quick fix TaleWorlds! Everything works now. (y)

Last edited:
Can I ask why the mod tools bugs where the main map terrain paint doesn’t work and crashes and maps prior to 1.5.5 being loaded into the game cause you to spawn a mile underground are not even in the known issues after two weeks when they are both easily reproducible and multiple people have this issue?
This has been holding me down tbh whenever I try to work on some random thing outside of my projects it just crashes I once even lost my scene

I just started the game and the loading screens take much longer than in the previous version. Also, I have about 5-10 seconds of freeze time to load UI and scene models ( items ). I have deleted the shader cache folder and not even that running without any mod enabled. Is anyone else having problems?

Anybody else not able to assign your brother as quartermaster in this build? Nothing happens when I click on the assign role button, works for other characters just not my brother.

I just started the game and the loading screens take much longer than in the previous version. Also, I have about 5-10 seconds of freeze time to load UI and scene models ( items ). I have deleted the shader cache folder and not even that running without any mod enabled. Is anyone else having problems?

Yes. I responded with this to the other users:

The performance problems may not be directly related to UI but shaders. This is something we are looking into. Anybody who is experiencing performance issues can help with this process by switching to the telemetry branch and sending us a recording of the issue (or issues). Please note the telemetry branch is using version 1.5.6 (so it is practical for MP as well). However, likely these issues affect both versions.

Ok thanks for the info Duh :party: . I'll keep an eye on it but I guess those issues will get fixed as soon in next patch, right? Because it is unplayable for me at the moment, both game and tools...weird.

The performance problems may not be directly related to UI but shaders.
I came to report this but I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one. Simply put, I'm getting the worst performance in my BL history with this patch ( Yes including Beta ) MP sieges are not playable because of FPS drops and I don't want to lower settings because that turns game into Cartoonlord. I will wait for hotfix I guess

Edit: I can't append it to the OP because of a character limit.

Hotfix 18/01/21

Singleplayer
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when an uninitialised inverse kinematics data was accessed for human characters.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred after the declaration of war in the Spy Among Us quest.
  • Fixed bugged Athletics, Riding, Throwing, Polearm and One-Handed perks.
  • Fixed an issue with siege icons on settlement nameplates not working correctly. Siege icons will now disappear correctly after a siege on the Campaign map. Also, added the missing siege icon for the preparation phase.
  • Fixed discrepancies towards body armour weights.
  • Fixed an issue that granted clan influence from dead clan members with the Immortal Charm perk.
  • Fixed misspelt settlement names on the campaign map.
  • Fixed an issue that led to uninitialised temporary parties that could hold nobles prisoner to exist longer than intended.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented melee combat effects (knockback, knockdown, dismount) from working properly.
  • Disabled the ability for riders to rear their mount when it is already rearing due to a collision or from taking damage.
  • Fixed an issue with the heir menu not opening if the main hero dies while laying siege.
  • Added one-click orders to F4 through F9 keys. Players can now give:
    • F4 - Toggle Fire
    • F5 - Toggle Mount
    • F6 - Toggle AI
    • F7 - Face Direction
    • F8 - Shield Wall
    • F9 - Line Formation orders

Multiplayer
  • Fixed a UI crash that occurred when logging in or out.
  • Fixed various spots that let troops fall through in the Ebereth Hillfort Captain Mode map.
  • Fixed a couple of map related bugs on Captain mode maps Druimmor Forest and Cliffs of Akkalat.
  • Disabled the ability for riders to rear their mount when it is already rearing due to a collision or from taking damage.
Combat Changes
  • Spears used on foot now deal damage earlier.
  • Thrust attacks now hit for perfect damage earlier.
Weapon Changes
  • New Weapon:
    • Highland Noble Two-Handed Sword (Fian)
      • Swing Speed: 91
      • Damage: 99
      • Length: 105
    • Empire Polearm (Palatine Guard)
      • Swing Speed: 76
      • Damage: 103
      • Length: 163
  • Aserai Mace Swing Speed value decreased from 94 to 89.
  • Aserai Heavy Mace Swing Speed value decreased from 87 to 86.
  • Southern Pike (Aserai):
    • Thrust Speed value increased from 89 to 91.
    • Damage value increased from 39 to 44.
  • Battania Mace Swing Speed value decreased from 97 to 91.
  • Highland Two-Handed Sword (Fian):
    • Swing Speed value decreased from 96 to 88.
    • Damage value decreased from 103 to 93.
  • Highland Pike (Battania)
    • Thrust Speed value increased from 88 to 89.
    • Damage value increased from 36 to 40.
  • Empire Mace Swing Speed value decreased from 92 to 87.
  • Empire Heavy Mace Swing Speed value decreased from 88 to 87.
  • Khuzait Heavy Mace Swing Speed value decreased from 88 to 87.
  • Eastern Pike (Khuzait)
    • Thrust Speed value increased from 89 to 91.
    • Damage value increased from 38 to 42.
  • Sturgia Mace Swing Speed value decreased from 92 to 88.
  • Vlandian Mace Swing Speed value decreased from 96 to 91.
  • Awl Pike (Vlandia)
    • Thrust Speed value increased from 91 to 92.
    • Damage value increased from 37 to 41.
  • Light Crossbow Damage value decreased from 70 to 65.
  • Crossbow Damage value decreased from 85 to 78.
  • Arbalest Damage value decreased from 95 to 90.
Troop Changes
  • Aserai
    • Skirmisher
      • Speed value increased from 82 to 83.
      • Troop Count increased from 17 to 18.
    • Tribal Warrior
      • Speed value increased from 78 to 79.
      • Troop Count increased from 21 to 22.
  • Battania
    • Clan Warrior
      • Speed value increased from 81 to 82.
    • Savage
      • Speed value increased from 83 to 84.
    • Wildling
    • Fian
      • Replaced Falx Perk with Better Sword Perk. Grants Highland Noble Two Handed Sword.
  • Empire
    • Recruit
    • Legionary
      • Speed value increased from 77 to 78.
    • Palatine Guard
      • Replaced Menavlion Perk with Polearm Perk. Grants Empire Polearm.
  • Khuzait
    • Rabble
      • Speed value increased from 80 to 81.
    • Spear Infantry
  • Sturgia
    • Warrior
      • Troop Count decreased from 20 to 19.
    • Brigand
    • Berserker
      • Troop Count decreased from 17 to 16.
    • Varyag
  • Vlandia
    • Peasant Levy
      • Speed value increased from 81 to 82.
    • Sergeant

It's all good but. Why legionary still have 'heavy' axe with 98 swing speed (with good damage and bonus vs shields)?

Also why maces now have same speed but not similar damage? For example Oathsworn has Imperial Heavy Mace with 87 speed and 59 dmg while Varyag has Northern Mace with 88 speed and only 48 dmg...

Nothing has changed cav is still broken as hell.Cav needs to be nerfed hard before we get to the final.Also Aserai Tribal warrior must be able to pick Improved armor +long sword or mace bacause even the battanian clan warrior has improved armor+ long sword so that makes aserai even worse when battania has 3 good infs for 100 120 160.The biggest problem is that heavy horses take too little damage so we can't dismount a good cav player it's almost impossible.Something must be done.I liked the game much more before you nerfed the throwing weps now you are helpless vs the cavs.You constantly poke their horses when they are close to you and hit for 10-20 damage unless they are charging at you which only noobs do.

Back
Top Bottom