Patch Notes e1.5.3

Users who are viewing this thread

My game crashes whenever I try to enter a siege battle on a Sturgian playthrough as a mercenary. help?

Main Hotfix (22/10/2020)
  • Fixed the issue of parties without any healthy soldiers existing on the campaign map after battles if an army leader died in a battle.
  • Fixed the issue of Clan Warrior troop of Battania having the wrong default sword in Captain Mode.
  • Fixed Couch Lance bouncing on certain occasions.
  • Fixed an asset packaging issue that caused UI icons to show up in the wrong places.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when a player joined a siege server that had an already broken siege tower.
  • Missing main map edit data has been re-added to the modding tools.

Last edited:
Just for anyone making or using as custom main_map in order to get it to work properly in this update you may have to open the editor, save it to your own module folder and then load the game up with it enabled again.
Both this and the last update needed me to do this or it just hangs after you press “start game” after character creation.
No errors and it’s still running in task manager it just never loads the map if it was created in a previous version of the game or editor, not sure which one causes it but saving it in an up to date version fixes it.
I checked before I did this and none of my files had been moved or overwritten in this update so it’s nothing like that causing it.

Last edited:
Yeah just spent an hour trying to make a cool looking Battianan character, loaded up the menu to see if there were any good Battianan companions to recuit and there was only 1!!! Some ***** with wronged at the end of her name, while other cultures have 5 +. Just wasted my time, making a character and turned off the game. Can you guys please have a minimum of 5 companions for each culture to choose from at the start of a campaign?

The current system is so random and it is a dice roll if you are going to have any decent companions for the same culture as your character.

Last edited:
Yeah just spent and hour trying to make a cool looking Battianan character, loaded up the menu to see if there were any good Battianan companions to recuit and there was only 1!!! Some ***** with wronged at the end of her name, while other cultures have 5 +. Just wasted my time, making a character and turned off the game. Can you guys please have a minimum of 5 companions for each culture to choose from at the start of a campaign?

The current system is so random and it is a dice roll if you are going to have any decent companions for the same culture as your character.

I agree, if you are going to have a random simulator, take advantage of it. I hate starting over because I can't find any companions from my culture.

Decided to roll another character this morning and this time I got 2 companions of the same culture while there were 7 Vlandian companions! :sick:

This would be awesome if I had rolled a Vlandian character ... you guys got to fix this at some point

I know this is kinda vague but since 1.5.3 my mod crashes every time I open the smithing menu, have you made some shadow changes to the files like you’ve done in the past to things like settlements and heroes files without including it in the patch notes?

The battania blade You changed In the patch note isn’t included in any of my templates Or used pieces so I can’t figure it out as thats the only thing I’ve changed with smithing Is add new templates and pieces
It worked in 1.5.2 fine.
Anyone else had any issues with smithing Crashing in their mod and figured out what’s causing the crash?

Last edited:
Decided to roll another character this morning and this time I got 2 companions of the same culture while there were 7 Vlandian companions! :sick:

This would be awesome if I had rolled a Vlandian character ... you guys got to fix this at some point
In my current playthrough I could hire two identical named Companions, just slightly different faces.

I just wish they would guarantee at least 5 companions for each culture minimum + a chance to have a few more for each culture at the start. Most would have 5 but some might have 6 or 7 basically. When I play a campaign I try to keep my culture, troops, and companions all the same.

Yep, that happens. I used a generated name and there was a companion with my name.
There is one available in my current playthrough, looking very much like me Imperial character. He is also named Gerotheon, which only differs from my characters name, because I changed the second 'e' to a 'y' in character creation.
To be honest I'd actually like that, if once in while a character would appear as a wanderer, resembling your created characters from other playthroughs. Though that is something for a mod, not for vanilla.

I just wish they would guarantee at least 5 companions for each culture minimum + a chance to have a few more for each culture at the start. Most would have 5 but some might have 6 or 7 basically. When I play a campaign I try to keep my culture, troops, and companions all the same.
To be honest I do not care much for their culture. But skillwise I struggle. I have an Aserai char and naturally i'm interested in caravans. Yet I have lots of barrelchests, scholars and blacks available, but not a single companion with the trade skill. I started the game 535 days ago. Forced to choose, I chose my scout to do the caravan thing and he now has a trade skill of 71 -.-.

I think it would be nice to have a mechanic which tracks culture, gender and designation of created wanderers and takes that into account, when the game creates new companions.

Last edited:
Hey, I found today in 1.5.3 that when you reach lv 80+ of the main character and level up by overflow "long" variable the character will be unplayable by crashes every 2-3 mins.
hp9Tgoo.png

I have had a few playthroughs on 1.5.3 and no kids. Getting maried and all, but no kids. Even tried with male and female caracters, same result. Waiting in towns and castles does not help.... Seems like a bug. Anyone else having this issue?

I started to have some kids as soon as my brother and sister (that you rescue) are 18 years old.
I have 3 kids and 3 years (lol) but they do not appear with a picture etc. I can see just the name in the encyclopedia, but don t even know if it's boy or girl.

Back
Top Bottom