Patch Notes e1.4.2

Users who are viewing this thread

The format of quests
@Callum At gamescom 2018 in the game version there was a quest "court by duel" now it is not in the game. Will it appear in the future?
This was a bit before my time, but from what I understand the format of quests has been changed since then to issue quests. That is to say they are tied into the world, are generated based on it and affect it. So this exact quest is outdated and won't reappear as is. Of course that doesn't mean that a judicial conflict cannot be added in the form of an issue quest.

@Duh_TaleWorlds @Callum
I'm glad to see two of my suggestions were or will be implemented although I don't know whether I was the first person to initiate those suggestions. Thank you for that anyway.
The first suggestion is picking your team members before going into a hideout.
The second is letting combat companions lead your formations.
Now I have some suggestions related to them.
1. To expand the first suggestion, could you provide a button on the army menu to forbid someone from joining a battle? I don't want my doctor to be injured and lose his capability.
2. I reclass a companion as a footman in the infantry while he has a bow. Then the infantry can't create a line formation anymore. They're archers now and only act in loose formation. The similar case happens when a mounted companion leading a party joins my army and leads the infantry. I think it's a bug.
3. And another "bug?": my wife gave birth to 8 children in 5 years. I mean 8 children! Come on! This almost killed me. My name reserve has been run out of. And 8 children were born in 5 years! I thought this problem had been solved in one of past patches. My suggestion is linking the child birth probability with parents' ages and children numbers and tweaking the pregnancy to 10 months. And when you've fixed a problem nail it please!

Last edited:
The format of quests

This was a bit before my time, but from what I understand the format of quests has been changed since then to issue quests. That is to say they are tied into the world, are generated based on it and affect it. So this exact quest is outdated and won't reappear as is. Of course that doesn't mean that a judicial conflict cannot be added in the form of an issue quest.
Thanks for the answer.

@Duh_TaleWorlds @Callum
I'm glad to see two of my suggestions were or will be implemented although I don't know whether I was the first person to initiate those suggestions. Thank you for that anyway.
Now I have some suggestions related to them.
1. To expand the first suggestion, could you provide a button on the army menu to forbid someone from joining a battle? I don't want my doctor to be injured and lose his capability.
2. I reclass a companion as a footman in the infantry while he has a bow. Then the infantry can't create a line formation anymore. They're archers now and only act in loose formation. The similar case happens when a mounted companion leading a party joins my army and lead the infantry. I think it's a bug.
3. And another "bug?": my wife gave birth to 8 children in 5 years. I mean 8 children! Come on! This almost killed me. My name reserve has been run out of. And 8 children were born in 5 years! I thought this problem had been solved in one of past patches. My suggestion is linking the child birth probability with parents' ages and children numbers and tweaking the pregnancy to 10 months. And when you've fixed a problem nail it please!
Already added to the game.
along with additional ways to use companions and clan members, including assigning them as formation leaders.
this is from an early access blog
add the ability (clan role) to make a sergeant from the companion in the army and add him to the group, for example, the presence of a sergeant in the army increases the morale of the detachment, if we give the command to independently manage the formations, then the sergeants will pump the appropriate skills (tactics) this is needed for my formation system.So that to completely move away from command and control (if you are a merchant or you have poor tactical and leadership skills) and just watch the battle.
this is from my suggestion

Hey, I started taking relations penalties for my companion parties raiding stuff. This wasn't happening before in 1.4.1.

Is this intended behavior? And if it is, can I get a toggle so my companions won't bust down relations?

1. Already added to the game.
Firstly, my words are "were or will be implemented". I know the first suggestion have been added into the new patch and that the second will be added as devs said.
Secondly, I don't care who put forward those suggestions as long as they're accepted. My words are "I don't know whether I was the first person to initiate those suggestions. Thank you for that anyway." I just want to express my gratitude.
Thirdly, don't pick a fight anywhere, OK? not worth it.

Firstly, my words are "were or will be implemented". I know the first suggestion have been added into the new patch and that the second will be added as devs said.
Secondly, I don't care who put forward those suggestions as long as they're accepted. My words are "I don't know whether I was the first person to initiate those suggestions. Thank you for that anyway." I just want to express my gratitude.
Thirdly, don't pick a fight anywhere, OK? not worth it.
I only gave you information. I didn’t think to scratch or pin you in any way.

@Callum Thank you for the prompt reply. I appreciate it. Re-installing and verifying. We will see what happens. If it persists I'll write up a report in BR. Thank you for your time.

Edit/Update: It appears reinstalling fixed it (had mods, wasn't sure what exactly verifying would have done with those in place)!

And after reinstalling my mods (fresh) the problem no longer persists. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Anyone else with a problem that the kingdom you join doesn't make peace? Or it's common to wars lasting for years to come even without much gain?
By the way... I think this is a bug or somehting but one the Diplomacy tab, where you see the kingdoms at peace or war with... It shows some disproportinal manpower..Like 10K men, when all the private forces together must gather at maximum a limit of 2.5k or 3k.

I still keep getting the module mismatch. I have mods but clearly that’s not the problem. Do you know when this is be fix? I have 40 hours and I can’t just start over again.

I still keep getting the module mismatch. I have mods but clearly that’s not the problem. Do you know when this is be fix? I have 40 hours and I can’t just start over again.
Module mismatch will happen everytime you update the game or mods. You should be fine. Unless the game is actually crashing upon loading. Then you prob should do a clean reinstall of the game, verify, and then the mods. Then try again. If it persists then check the mod pages and see which is the likely culprit and talk to that specific modder.

Module mismatch will happen everytime you update the game or mods. You should be fine. Unless the game is actually crashing upon loading. Then you prob should do a clean reinstall of the game, verify, and then the mods. Then try again. If it persists then check the mod pages and see which is the likely culprit and talk to that specific modder.
So it’s not crashing on loading but I did say yes once and it kept crashing when I left the area. Should I disable or uninstall mods I really want to get back to this game. What should I do

So it’s not crashing on loading but I did say yes once and it kept crashing when I left the area. Should I disable or uninstall mods I really want to get back to this game. What should I do
Go into detail. What is going on right before crashing? That being said you should probably post to the modding page for further and more experienced help.

Go into detail. What is going on right before crashing? That being said you should probably post to the modding page for further and more experienced help.
I loaded up a save after I try to seize a castle. I did just install mods before loading up the save. I was leaving a town and went south. I was good for a bit like I would say like a few mins. I ran into a caravan and the game crashed. I will also go into the modding page for help too. Any help is needed

So I can’t post on the mod support. But you are sure it’s a mod? Would just disable it would work or do I need to uninstall it.

So I uninstalled all mods and went back to a save without them and it’s still happening

So I uninstalled all mods and went back to a save without them and it’s still happening
So. Did you save after you installed those mods? If so load an earlier save. If not. Verify game. Then try again. But please do make a post about it elsewhere. We are just derailing this thread.

Back
Top Bottom