Patch Notes e1.3.1 & Beta Hotfix

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey @azakhi I'm not sure if you can answer this, but are there any plans to implement 2h perk changes soon? The 1h perk changes are great IMO, can't wait to for another update.

"Commit and run" was one of the most frowned upon things a developer could do at my studio. I heard another developer in our area had the practice of giving an "award" to anyone guilty of doing a commit and run that broke the game. The next day they were required to accommodate a toilet at their desk. I assume it was clean and unplumbed, like you would find in a plumbing showroom.

We never did anything that confrontational, but relating the story to our staff seemed to drive the point home.

"Commit and run" was one of the most frowned upon things a developer could do at my studio. I heard another developer in our area had the practice of giving an "award" to anyone guilty of doing a commit and run that broke the game. The next day they were required to accommodate a toilet at their desk. I assume it was clean and unplumbed, like you would find in a plumbing showroom.

We never did anything that confrontational, but relating the story to our staff seemed to drive the point home.

How long ago was that? I'm not a developer but work in IT and generally IT operations or IT support would fall take the hit :smile:

How long ago was that? I'm not a developer but work in IT and generally IT operations or IT support would fall take the hit :smile:
10 years ago.

The context was after first playable and before release, where gamedevs (at least at that point in time) tended to run a single trunk build most of the time which needed to be kept relatively stable. The expectation/policy was to not commit something late in the day and bail before QA had a chance to verify, because if you broke the build you effectively blocked QA and anyone else wanting to commit. Perhaps the most annoying part was trying to make value judgements on the overhead of reverting so people could power ahead vs telling everyone who had planned to work that evening to go home early instead.

10 years ago.

The context was after first playable and before release, where gamedevs (at least at that point in time) tended to run a single trunk build most of the time which needed to be kept relatively stable. The expectation/policy was to not commit something late in the day and bail before QA had a chance to verify, because if you broke the build you effectively blocked QA and anyone else wanting to commit. Perhaps the most annoying part was trying to make value judgements on the overhead of reverting so people could power ahead vs telling everyone who had planned to work that evening to go home early instead.

Oh I see. Yeah, that would make sense I suppose, similar to a "no change Friday" approach.

Hi! There is another crash in the current beta where I try to hire companions and the game just crashes.

Actually i just checked and every time I go press the clan menu, the game crashes as well. This happened ever since the hotfix update.

Last edited:
Is the last hotfix rolled back for singleplayer too? Not sure if the militia issue will be still present in my campaign or not.

Don't think so as patch was 2-4 mbs and fix weighted around 400kb if i recall right.(I might be wrong through)

Hi! There is another crash in the current beta where I try to hire companions and the game just crashes.

Actually i just checked and every time I go press the clan menu, the game crashes as well. This happened ever since the hotfix update.

That sounds like an issue that was going on with this update and the newest Community Patch release. There's a new update for the community patch on github that might fix it

As stated in the very first paragraph of the patch notes, do not expect any save file from before the beta branch to be compatible with the beta branch.

Unless you are using 1.3.1, in which case idk.
I’m using the newest BETA. A small update that came out yesterday (for the BETA only?) seems to have fixed the issue, though. I haven’t played today or long enough since the update yesterday to know for sure.

As stated in the very first paragraph of the patch notes, do not expect any save file from before the beta branch to be compatible with the beta branch.

Unless you are using 1.3.1, in which case idk.
Sorry if I’m in the wrong thread. This whole bug reporting system is a bit confusing. Not to mention an ALPHA and BETA testing platform at the same time? Still loving the game though! ?

Sorry if I’m in the wrong thread. This whole bug reporting system is a bit confusing. Not to mention an ALPHA and BETA testing platform at the same time? Still loving the game though! ?
The alpha is the internal playtester build whose changes are put into beta and tweaked based on players feedback until stable enough for main patch

same problem, but only with companions(?)
Still having the One-Handed skill reset with two companions in my party. They reset every time my character or any companion gains a level. The two companion names (if it matters) are "Mata the Wanderer" and "Gwennein the Healer". They are my only two companions in my party. All other companions are assigned to other parties/tasks. I am on version e1.4.0-Beta

Still having the One-Handed skill reset with two companions in my party. They reset every time my character or any companion gains a level. The two companion names (if it matters) are "Mata the Wanderer" and "Gwennein the Healer". They are my only two companions in my party. All other companions are assigned to other parties/tasks. I am on version e1.4.0-Beta
I think this happens for old saves. Fresh saves after 1.4 doesn't seem to have that problem.

Back
Top Bottom