Patch Notes e1.2.1 & Beta Hotfix

Users who are viewing this thread

This game should be challenging and achieving goals should be hard, otherwise having kids will be useless because we would be able to do everything in the first 1000 days.
Using mods like 'become king on day 1' to make things easier until you get bored just so you can have an excuse to say that this game needs to be needlessly difficult and challenging is not how things work dabos, the point is to make this enjoyable for everyone not just for a select few who are into mindless grind and 'realism' difficulty like you.

What is less fun for you, could be funnier for other players. I have just downloaded a mod (well, It is a savegame) which allows you to be king since day 1 and I got bored in 2 minutes.

And why do you even download a mod that instantly wins you the game anyway? Not even normal players use that, only a turbo noob would need that kind of mod. Surely you're not stupid enough to use that mod just to give you ideas for posting your short drama story, I bet you think it's also a funny thing to do as well.

Last edited:
Using mods like 'become king on day 1' to make things easier until you get bored just so you can have an excuse to say that this game needs to be needlessly difficult and challenging is not how things work dabos, the point is to make this enjoyable for everyone not just for a select few who are into mindless grind and 'realism' difficulty like you.

Problem is that some people think they are forced to grind renown to reach clan tier 6 as soon as possible, rather than playing, enjoy the game and eventually reach It.

I can get some complains about skill system and having 50-60 riding skill after tons of days could be frustrating but things like getting rich, having fiefs, becoming King, etc, should be hard to archieve IMO. Anyway, It is as simple as adding difficulty levels for campaign... If some peoplew wantto be rich since day 50, just play on easy.

Problem is that some people think they are forced to grind renown to reach clan tier 6 as soon as possible, rather than playing, enjoy the game and eventually reach It.

I can get some complains about skill system and having 50-60 riding skill after tons of days could be frustrating but things like getting rich, having fiefs, becoming King, etc, should be hard to archieve IMO. Anyway, It is as simple as adding difficulty levels for campaign... If some peoplew wantto be rich since day 50, just play on easy.
The difficulty in gaining renown is just right, making it even harder on top of nerfing workshops and other sources of income is simply asking for unnecessary trouble.

I want to see all the people, who demand further workshop nerfs in the late-game with, say, at least 10 fiefs and each of them require a vast garrison in order not to be taken in a few months by some doomstack enemy army. Moreover, the garrison should consist of good soldiers, no less than tier 4, otherwise they will be as useless as simple militia. The cost of 10 garrisons +your party+ parties of your companions + caravans may result in a huge sum. This will be the point, when every 'Nerf this workshop' person will say 'Sh*t, I don't have much income from workshops, my caravans are getting constantly destroyed, the cities are all poor af (a town with more than 100k is a miracle for me right now) and my money is melting like Ice in the scorching weather.

In my late - game playthrough I have 4 castles and 1 town, all of them with full garrisons + and 3 parties of my children. And it costs me a lot, I lose about 4-5k a day, and a magical Tannery shop, which has been told to be unbalanced, gives me 200(!!!!!) denars a day which scarcely compensates any losses. Take into account that at any moment the city, in which your workshops are located, can be captured by enemy faction and your caravans are getting constantly destroyed, you will profit nothing from this.

But, I suppose most of these people are either play an end-game for a few days and create a new character or they are fine with the constant quest-grinding in order to compensate money losses somehow. Or they are satisfied with a 40-hour caravan grind while being neutral (it is quite rare occasion, when bandits are able to destroy your caravan), before becoming a vassal or creating their own kingdom.

So stop nerfing workshops, they are already almost useless. Pay your attention to real problems, like perks or beggar-lords please.

I want to see all the people, who demand further workshop nerfs in the late-game with, say, at least 10 fiefs and each of them require a vast garrison in order not to be taken in a few months by some doomstack enemy army.

Not at all. Recently i changed my whole approach to garrisons and it works fine for me. Instead of paying tons of money to sustain vast garrisons that will die of starvation i keep 20/40 T6 troops in castle/city. That's enough to keep security rising and they're not a burden to food supply. To achieve that You need to first spend some time nursing Your fief to grow militia. In castle with 800 prosp You can get almost 200 militia and in city it's 500+. They're enough to keep the cities and ccastles save from easy taking them and if i don't manage to go there in time with sufficient army I'll have less losses of men who are hard to train. This gives me vast amounts of money from fiefs while still making them safe. I'm playing 1.3.0 beta.

Not at all. Recently i changed my whole approach to garrisons and it works fine for me. Instead of paying tons of money to sustain vast garrisons that will die of starvation i keep 20/40 T6 troops in castle/city. That's enough to keep security rising and they're not a burden to food supply. To achieve that You need to first spend some time nursing Your fief to grow militia. In castle with 800 prosp You can get almost 200 militia and in city it's 500+. They're enough to keep the cities and ccastles save from easy taking them and if i don't manage to go there in time with sufficient army I'll have less losses of men who are hard to train. This gives me vast amounts of money from fiefs while still making them safe. I'm playing 1.3.0 beta.

Yup, this. It's not worth it to keep T4+ troops as garrisons because they cost too much and aren't much more effective than lower tiers in autoresolve. The reason you use them in a field army is that you're gated by the gamey army size mechanic which encourages doomstacks. Garrisons have no such limitation to be effective, plus you control your field army whereas you will almost never control your garrison.

Playing same beta-branch, tried your way and my castle was immediately taken by Battanian army of only 1000 men. Next one was taken by Khuzaits, 1500 men. Only full garrison makes them think a bit before besieging any of my fiefs

Playing same beta-branch, tried your way and my castle was immediately taken by Battanian army of only 1000 men. Next one was taken by Khuzaits, 1500 men. Only full garrison makes them think a bit before besieging any of my fiefs

Fiefs income will be increased in the next patch according to devs. So you will be able to pay these troops more effectively using the own fiefs income instead of relying on OP workshops (which is a good thing for AI lords who rely on fiefs and do not have access to workshops/caravans).

Anyway, I think you are doing something wrong because you should not have money issues in late Game. It is pretty easy to be rich in late game currently.

Maybe it's not best for all cases. How many militia did You have at those castles? How many did they leave there after taking it? Basically I treat castles as less important if I have a city. They are more of a distraction that slows down enemy armies and in most cases around 200 troops there (militia and garrison) have me enough time to break the siege with my own army.

We just put out another hotfix to the beta branch. Part of this hotfix is to test a fix for a critical bug that is currently preventing us from moving the beta branch to main and releasing our next beta update.

• Fixed an issue where newly created characters and other objects could get mixed up with each other. This created instability & possibly crashes. It was also responsible for broken companions and encyclopedia problems. The fix does not recover broken beta save games, but it should resolve the issue for new games. You can test this by checking if newly created characters or other objects have their own appropriate encyclopedia pages instead of another character’s or object's page.
  • Fixed a rare crash that occurred when initialising the final phase of the main storyline for Imperial supporters.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when choosing the "Try to get away" option in an encounter.
  • Fixed a Save & Load related crash that occurred when entering the training field with a companion.
  • Some lords were losing all their money and then starving. This was due to fortification taxes being too low, they have been increased by 25%. Also, NPC clan leaders now react faster to losing money and reduce their garrison sizes before going bankrupt.
  • Council of Commons policy effect was 1 influence per notable in the settlement, it is now 0.1 influence per notable. Also, +1 militia effect per notable is removed.
  • There was no waiting time after captured lords were released; they were spawning at the next daily tick, now they spawn at least 2 days later.
  • Lords spawn with 10% of their party size filled instead of 25%
  • Owners now calculate their settlements' values more conservatively. If there was any hostile action to their fiefs their defence score grew significantly and they and they would go directly there to help. This negatively affected all AI score calculation systems. Additionally, there were other mechanics using this value that were also affected negatively.
  • There was a relation penalty if a settlement was lost between the owner of that settlement and their king. It was settlement value / 20K, now it is square root value of settlement value / 100K, (nearly 10x reduced). For example, for losing a castle with an estimated value of 600K, the lost relation was 30 previously, now it is 3. This was causing big relation drops when a settlement was lost and which in turn caused clans to defect because of this loss in relation.
  • An influence penalty has been added for if a settlement is lost (25 for a castle, 50 for a town).
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the player from receiving a relation benefit after helping a lord they had met previously.
  • Cavalry advantage in simulations is reduced to 20% from 30%
  • Mercenary groups in taverns have increased in size (2x) and their average level has increased.
  • When a smelted item had a modifier, the wrong item could be removed from the inventory. It could also create instability in the inventory. This was fixed.

We just put out another hotfix to the beta branch. Part of this hotfix is to test a fix for a critical bug that is currently preventing us from moving the beta branch to main and releasing our next beta update.

• Fixed an issue where newly created characters and other objects could get mixed up with each other. This created instability & possibly crashes. It was also responsible for broken companions and encyclopedia problems. The fix does not recover broken beta save games, but it should resolve the issue for new games. You can test this by checking if newly created characters or other objects have their own appropriate encyclopedia pages instead of another character’s or object's page.
  • Fixed a rare crash that occurred when initialising the final phase of the main storyline for Imperial supporters.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when choosing the "Try to get away" option in an encounter.
  • Fixed a Save & Load related crash that occurred when entering the training field with a companion.
  • Some lords were losing all their money and then starving. This was due to fortification taxes being too low, they have been increased by 25%. Also, NPC clan leaders now react faster to losing money and reduce their garrison sizes before going bankrupt.
  • Council of Commons policy effect was 1 influence per notable in the settlement, it is now 0.1 influence per notable. Also, +1 militia effect per notable is removed.
  • There was no waiting time after captured lords were released; they were spawning at the next daily tick, now they spawn at least 2 days later.
  • Owners now calculate their settlements' values more conservatively. If there was any hostile action to their fiefs their defence score grew significantly and they and they would go directly there to help. This negatively affected all AI score calculation systems. Additionally, there were other mechanics using this value that were also affected negatively.
  • There was a relation penalty if a settlement was lost between the owner of that settlement and their king. It was settlement value / 20K, now it is square root value of settlement value / 100K, (nearly 10x reduced). For example, for losing a castle with an estimated value of 600K, the lost relation was 30 previously, now it is 3. This was causing big relation drops when a settlement was lost and which in turn caused clans to defect because of this loss in relation.
  • An influence penalty has been added for if a settlement is lost (25 for a castle, 50 for a town).
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the player from receiving a relation benefit after helping a lord they had met previously.
  • Mercenary groups in taverns have increased in size (2x) and their average level has increased.
  • When a smelted item had a modifier, the wrong item could be removed from the inventory. It could also create instability in the inventory. This was fixed.
Great changes, especially the ones in bold.
Is it possible though to give the option of refusing a fief please?
Kind of annoying to be awarded that single castle in the middle of enemy territory that is 100% going to be lost in the next couple of minutes.
It won't be game breaking anymore such as before since the penalty is now 1/10 of what it used to be, but still annoying having to lose some relation and influence because you receive an impossible to defend fief.

There was no waiting time after captured lords were released; they were spawning at the next daily tick, now they spawn at least 2 days later.

Was anything reworked in daily tick mechanic? Right now it's calculated starting at the point where the save was loaded. This means that lords respawning after 2 days can extend if You save/load before daily tick. Also income and expenses are paid based on daily tick and the time of that can change everytime You save/load.

Since no issue with multiplayer listed can we move forward with the beta for multiplayer?

Was anything reworked in daily tick mechanic? Right now it's calculated starting at the point where the save was loaded. This means that lords respawning after 2 days can extend if You save/load before daily tick. Also income and expenses are paid based on daily tick and the time of that can change everytime You save/load.

We are aware of that daily tick mechanic bug and people are working on this issue to fix it. This improvement is not related with that bug.

Is the critical bug the one where characters are being created and linked to other characters, making their encyclopedia entries messed up? Or maybe the critical bug isn't listed? I'm wondering because i would want to test the critical bug if I can.

NPC should spawn with 0 troops, just like the player, and 3 day minimum (approx 3 days for player when prisoner currently). Dont see why a defeated army of 2000 should respawn 2 days later with 200 troops (collectively)! Ridiculous.

Also GJ - very very imporrtant fixes that should help the game experience for all.

Is the critical bug the one where characters are being created and linked to other characters, making their encyclopedia entries messed up? Or maybe the critical bug isn't listed? I'm wondering because i would want to test the critical bug if I can.
Yes, it refers to

NPC should spawn with 0 troops, just like the player, and 3 day minimum (approx 3 days for player when prisoner currently). Dont see why a defeated army of 2000 should respawn 2 days later with 200 troops (collectively)! Ridiculous.

Also GJ - very very imporrtant fixes that should help the game experience for all.
I'm pretty sure if they get 0 troops and are unable to recruit straight away they'll just get captured by some bandits shortly afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom