Patch Notes e1.2.1 & Beta Hotfix

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey folks, we just released another hotfix:
  • Live
    • Fixed an issue that caused getting stuck in conversation after a barter.
    • Fixed a crash that occurred when there were no opponent anti-imperial kingdoms left during the initialization of the conspiracy phase of the main storyline.
  • Beta
    • all fixes mentioned above
    • Fixed a rare crash in asset loading system.
    • At least 25 days of truce time after peace.
    • Making peace cost was increased by 50% (if there is a payment).
    • Breaking into a besieged fortification costs (lost men) were reduced by 25%.
    • Kingdoms which have lots of recent enemies want to make peace more to reduce their number of enemies. Similarly, they do not easily declare new wars when they already have 1-2 wars.
    • Sometimes peace was declared right after a war declaration. This should be much more rare now.
    • If one faction lost its strength in a big battle, several kingdoms were declaring war on that faction within a short period of time. This was improved a bit. War/peace declarations do not only use current strength but also potential strength.
    • The militia number formulas were changed and they were increased by 50%.
Did you push this hotfix? I did not receive it!

Do they have any plans on dealing with the fact that trade skill breaks every time you load a save?

I did not see that in the known issues. It seems like it should not be that hard of a fix but it has persisted since day 1 and makes leveling trade naturally nearly impossible. The only efficient way to level trade is to sell everything then to save and log out. Then next time you log in buy everything back and start selling.

Do they have any plans on dealing with the fact that trade skill breaks every time you load a save?

I did not see that in the known issues. It seems like it should not be that hard of a fix but it has persisted since day 1 and makes leveling trade naturally nearly impossible. The only efficient way to level trade is to sell everything then to save and log out. Then next time you log in buy everything back and start selling.
Save data is a fickle thing. I agree that this being broken is annoying, and on the surface it looks like it should only take "A couple of lines of code" (tm) to fix - but the risk of messing with save data compatibility turns issue like this into a bigger deal, and I'm guessing that's why a fix for it hasn't made the cut yet.

The biggest fix needs to be nobles instantly escaping from dungeons and party. Can't do anything but execute them or they are instantly back. So bad for the game balance.

In Warband when you defeated a noble they usually escaped instantly, ie. you had only a relatively small chance to capture them at all (25-35% I think from memory). Didn't matter if you personally split their skull open on the battlefield and stood over their twitching "corpse", you still usually failed to capture them.

That was annoying then, and high escape rates are annoying now. Would be a bit less annoying to be told they had escaped rather than them just disappearing, which has caused some confusion. It also becomes less annoying when the player understands that putting the prisoner in their dungeon works better than carrying them in your party, so we feel some efficacy about it and can get the escape rate lower through our actions.

Assuming the stated escape rates are checked once per day, I'm expecting it won't be too bad after the latest changes.

Back
Top Bottom