Patch Notes e1.2.1 & Beta Hotfix

Users who are viewing this thread

We just released another hotfix for the beta branch:
  • Player kingdoms should no longer declare war without player action.
  • Fixed a crash related to settlement production.

Did you recognize the bug that clans leave the kingdom without any way of knowing why although positive relation? Was that addressed in 1.3?

We just opened up servers for all game modes on the beta branch for those that would like to test the changes on that version.

Did you recognize the bug that clans leave the kingdom without any way of knowing why although positive relation? Was that addressed in 1.3?

If a bug report was made regarding this then I'm sure it has been passed onto the team. If not, please leave a report over here so our support team can pass it onto the developers. :smile:

Last edited:
If a bug report was made regarding this then I'm sure it has been passed onto the team. If not, please leave a report over here so our support team can pass it onto the developers. :smile:

Thanks. Could also be because I'm so dishonorable. Oh and in-game I have some honour problems as well. I only executed ~20-30 lords? Where is the dishonesty in that? :shock:

I personally can confirm settlement production crash has been fixed for me, and was the issue that caused my save to not load, as my save can now load, whereas before this fix, I had a null reference exception error with something related to settlement production. At least I can play the game now! Thank you and devs!

Nice job TW :party: :party:

Characters now look very bad. Does it just happen to me? As if they were very white. They were better before.
PS: When will we see aging and dynasty? Death from old age?
ppl are not white enough, 1 patch later ppl are too white. no offense, just chuckled at this :wink:

But other kingdoms/factions can still declare war against your kingdom, right?

will the ai propose peace to you? Or only when player initiates?

Any changes into the calculations for when war is declared or when peace is?

For now today's hotfix is only a small fix no proposals or other features are implemented. That kind of stuff will take time.

Soon (maybe tomorrow) there will be another hotfix for adding a time break after peace and no more rapid war declerations.

For the 1.3 beta , after the last hotfix today I have noticed crazy frame drops in battle. 1.2 it ran like butter practically. I confirmed this with numerous other players too. My rig can easily handle the game and its not hardware issues. Something in this hotfix drastically hurt performance in battles.

For now today's hotfix is only a small fix no proposals or other features are implemented. That kind of stuff will take time.

Soon (maybe tomorrow) there will be another hotfix for adding a time break after peace and no more rapid war declerations.

Thanks Mexxico, any idea on how long the break will be? I hope the break isn't too short.

Some feedback about beta 1.3:

Finally, the game feels a bit harder and I am currently at day +300 and I just have 200K. On the other hand, I will probably be rich in this campaign again but It feels harder than before and I am having a lot of fun.

Relevant things I have noticed in this campaign:

- It looks like Tannery Workshop is much more profitable than other Workshops. I am getting 400-500 per day in almost every Vlandian town with Tannery Workshops and I do not even care about the production of the close village.
- Some Lords are having some issues getting money. For example, the Vlandia King (Derther I think is his name) usually has 0 or a low amount of denars (a few times he has had 40K though). EDIT: I have been checking Derther often and he has around 50-100K most of the time now so maybe it is ok.
- A lot of companions are bugged and I cannot recruit them.
- Lord armies are now more challenging to fight and are composed of better troops which is great. On the other hand, It is still too easy to win battles without losing almost any unit because missile units are too effective currently IMO. I have 20 Fians champions in my party and I can defeat x2 enemy armies without any losses.
- I am not seeing huge armies like people have reported. Most of the armies are composed of 300-600 men and there is not any kind of snowballing in my current campaign which is great.
- Lords are now recruiting all units they can until reach party limit which is great. This also applies to my clan parties which is a great improvement.
- My wife does not look extremely fertile as she was in previous campaigns, +200 days since I married her a not a single kid for the moment. She has been leading her own party and not sure if It is the reason because we have 0 kids for the moment.
- Hideouts are finally balanced. Max hideout level has now 40-45 men inside which is possible to do without problems. I have not seen Hideouts with 100 men inside anymore. EDIT: I have just found a hideout with 73 men inside but it is the only one I have found in my current campaign with tons of men inside.
- Combat AI has been improved but two-handed and polearm units are still really bad at blocking and extremely easy to defeat. Only two-handed and polearm units with +200 WS are decent.
- Captured Lords are not able to escape as fast as before and I have been able to get some of them captured for a good amount of days.

Great patch overall, thank you very much for the good work. Looking forward to the permanent death and aging mechanic being introduced in the game, this will make my campaigns 1000% funnier.

Last edited:

Can we get the enemy horse archers not to charge our left flank every time, regardless of what the rest of their troops are doing ? Teach them it`s wrong, tell`em we know about the gig, we`ve seen it before, doesn`t work, they get wiped out in less than a minute. Teach them new tricks please.

But other kingdoms/factions can still declare war against your kingdom, right?
Hi guys, I encountered this issue of large armies fighting becoming slideshow as well.

Being a programmer myself, just like to point out that using Afterburner showed that it was a NO LOAD, which only happen in menu or static screen meaning there was nothing to load or no loading of graphics either way. Must be some compilation errors in the codes or something.

Putting it up for the TW team to see this and hopefully can help quickly in the troubleshooting.

I'm running the game on SSD, no mods and my rig has no issue whatsoever.

What is no load limit?
No load limit means that there's nothing for the GPU to do, so it clocked down. Usually happens when not in game or you're on a loading screen or something... and potentially, when a CPU core is pegged

Cheers,
Are you still having issues ? I am along with a lot of others. Exact same problem. Hardware is good. My rig can easily handle the game..and it did before all these hotfixes. Any updates?

Are you still having issues ? I am along with a lot of others. Exact same problem. Hardware is good. My rig can easily handle the game..and it did before all these hotfixes. Any updates?

I just tried after this hotfix and:
1. CTD fixed and I can load that savegame (settlement crash fix)
2. No more slideshow in big fights, battle is smooth and I can ride into the clashes and get out without stuttering

Good job TW, keep it going!

I just tried after this hotfix and:
1. CTD fixed and I can load that savegame (settlement crash fix)
2. No more slideshow in big fights, battle is smooth and I can ride into the clashes and get out without stuttering

Good job TW, keep it going!

I'm glad it works well for you man. I'm still having issues with big fights. Idk why .. nothing changed on my end . Are you on 1.3 ?

I'm glad it works well for you man. I'm still having issues with big fights. Idk why .. nothing changed on my end . Are you on 1.3 ?

yes the latest up to date version beta 1.3.0

is your issue the same as mine? i.e. GPU not loading and came to a halt with a NO LOAD.
maybe you having a different performance issue?
i have no mods by the way.

yes the latest up to date version beta 1.3.0

is your issue the same as mine? i.e. GPU not loading and came to a halt with a NO LOAD.
maybe you having a different performance issue?
i have no mods by the way.

I'm not quite sure if its the same , but I do get frame drops in big battles randomly . Never had issues until 1.3 dropped. No mods either for me.

I'm not quite sure if its the same , but I do get frame drops in big battles randomly . Never had issues until 1.3 dropped. No mods either for me.

ahh then it is different issue, mine is GPU not loading and you can't move around or play at all. Not random performance issue.

hope it gets better for you or you can figure this out.

ahh then it is different issue, mine is GPU not loading and you can't move around or play at all. Not random performance issue.

hope it gets better for you or you can figure this out.

Ah okay , thanks dude me too . I'm sure after the next bets it will buff

Back
Top Bottom