Patch Notes e1.2.0 & Beta e1.3.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Simple fix, just stop playing the game! :iamamoron:

SP was in a pretty bad state, too. Maybe they should have disabled that until it was more polished? I mean, with all the diplomatic and economy problems--not to mention absent features--it's clearly not fit for any reasonable play, so people should just stop playing it for now.

Sarcasm aside, this is an unreasonable expectation. You are telling people to take a hike for something that isn't their fault, while trying to impose your personal standards on them. Warband competitive play started at a time when updates were being pushed out weekly (sometimes faster, for hotfixes) which were changing the game in no small way. It created inconsistency, sure, so competitive results weren't exactly valid or very meaningful, but it was fun regardless. You can't sit here and tell me in good faith that these people should stop trying to have fun in a video game because you don't think you'd have fun playing how they do.

Its not about stopping people from having fun, its about keeping your expectations reasonable. Work arounds and attempts for organized play are perfectly fine, but expecting the games development to be based around those attempts, and to be angry about changes like this that ruin player-made work arounds is simply unreasonable. The reason why simply waiting to play organized play is a reasonable option is because we already know for a fact the options to do so will be coming, at least in the form of custom servers

To use your example of single player, outside the sarcasm, I don't think they should disable it but I do think players who aren't okay with the current state of Singleplayer to stop playing until its in a more complete state, because early access is going to have issues, if you agree to play it, you have to agree that youl be facing issues and the process of fixing them, a process you may not always agree with.

I completely understand people paid money for this test, and I'm not going to say I agree with the state of the game, SP or MP, considering the time of development and cost to get into EA, but that is the reality of the games current state. I'm not saying people have to stop playing MP in a organized way, nobody is forcing you, I just think its a fruitless attempt to try to get the devs to make changes that cater to the needs of organized play before they've implemented the systems to do so. Taleworlds seems to have their vision on what they want to do, but god do I wish we could get a proper roadmap or something

Last edited:
I'm having major fps drops in battles after the patch (not the beta, 1.2.0). It was fine before.
I'm scared to even check sieges.

(4690k, 1080ti, 16gb ram)
Sorry for your inconvenience. Are you experiencing this in Custom Battles or battles from the Campaign? Is it for the first entry or does it happen every time within multiple runs? Do you use any mods? Which OS version are you using? Do you have an HDD or an SSD? Thanks in advance.

Ay I ranked up from posting on this thread. Shows how much I waste arguing with internet strangers :/

Sorry for your inconvenience. Are you experiencing this in Custom Battles or battles from the Campaign? Is it for the first entry or does it happen every time within multiple runs? Do you use any mods? Which OS version are you using? Do you have an HDD or an SSD? Thanks in advance.
Hello, Sir! Have you noticed all these last pages? We understand that one guy with fps drops is the great problem, but pls...

I just fought a battle and it became a slide show, not something that happened ever before in any previous version. Beta 1.3. I am using mods, but nothing related to battles that I can think of. Using SSD, windows 10

Hello, Sir! Have you noticed all these last pages? We understand that one guy with fps drops is the great problem, but pls...

Expecting communication from the Devs about MP issues was your first problem :razz:

In campaign. Haven't checked custom battles. It's happening everytime. Game is running on HDD. I have Windows 10.
Mods I'm using: Party Manager, Sound the Alarm, Cut Through Everyone, Deadly Horse Charges.
Thank you.

Just want to chip in saying the beta patch gave me a nice increase in fps. Only minimal stuttering now and then but much better!
Thanks Taleworlds.

Just want to chip in saying the beta patch gave me a nice increase in fps. Only minimal stuttering now and then but much better!
Thanks Taleworlds.
Are you playing your old save from 1.2 or made a new one for 1.3? Cause from what i can gather so far (very little testing) i have no issues in my new save but the old save is unplayble in every battle

Its not about stopping people from having fun, its about keeping your expectations reasonable. Work arounds and attempts for organized play are perfectly fine, but expecting the games development to be based around those attempts, and to be angry about changes like this that ruin player-made work arounds is simply unreasonable. The reason why simply waiting to play organized play is a reasonable option is because we already know for a fact the options to do so will be coming, at least in the form of custom servers

To use your example of single player, outside the sarcasm, I don't think they should disable it but I do think players who aren't okay with the current state of Singleplayer to stop playing until its in a more complete state, because early access is going to have issues, if you agree to play it, you have to agree that youl be facing issues and the process of fixing them, a process you may not always agree with.

I completely understand people paid money for this test, and I'm not going to say I agree with the state of the game, SP or MP, considering the time of development and cost to get into EA, but that is the reality of the games current state. I'm not saying people have to stop playing MP in a organized way, nobody is forcing you, I just think its a fruitless attempt to try to get the devs to make changes that cater to the needs of organized play before they've implemented the systems to do so. Taleworlds seems to have their vision on what they want to do, but god do I wish we could get a proper roadmap or something
That's fair, though it's important to keep in mind that frustrations with MP (and competitive play in particular) are deeply rooted by now as many of them date back to June of last year. The lack of support is keenly felt by these people, so the fact that they found a workaround and it was just starting to take off despite the lack of attention from TW showed their persistence in the face of adversity. To be met with even more hurdles just seems malicious to these people who have been trying to find their niche in BL for the last 10 months. TW has been disturbingly cavalier about ignoring feedback on some topics, and even making statements that feedback on the forum is being sidelined because they assumed people here would only troll.

The big picture here is that TW seems fine with throwing away the good will they were given by their MP testers, and MP is still just a sideshow despite their previous claims of increased support & focus.

Some of the villagers aren't moving
Your performance fixes made the game somewhat worse now, it stutters even more in field battles

That's fair, though it's important to keep in mind that frustrations with MP (and competitive play in particular) are deeply rooted by now as many of them date back to June of last year. The lack of support is keenly felt by these people, so the fact that they found a workaround and it was just starting to take off despite the lack of attention from TW showed their persistence in the face of adversity. To be met with even more hurdles just seems malicious to these people who have been trying to find their niche in BL for the last 10 months. TW has been disturbingly cavalier about ignoring feedback on some topics, and even making statements that feedback on the forum is being sidelined because they assumed people here would only troll.

The big picture here is that TW seems fine with throwing away the good will they were given by their MP testers, and MP is still just a sideshow despite their previous claims of increased support & focus.

Oh for sure, as someone who was in Beta as well, I've seen how little change has come to this side of the game and while Im impressed with their speed of single player fixes, you're right that MP has been put on the back burner.

Taleworlds does have a overall lack of communication. My hope is that they are still noting feedback and that as soon as single player is in a good state, their focus will shift to the MP side of things. I'm guessing that even during the MP beta their focus was on pushing out Early Access. Hopefully given a few months we see a change in focus

I'd encourage everyone to curb their expectations for MP for the time being and realize you may have issues for the time being for anything but very casual play. Personally I'm not going to bother with anything organized/competitive until we start seeing actual changes being made. and if the game releases and still no feedback has been taken into account? I won't be sticking around and the MP likely wont last for very long.Certainly not in any competitive way

I know i wasn't asked but maybe my reply can help in any way.

CPU: i7-4770 @3.40GHz
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Game is installed on a HDD. Its an older campaign from before the first beta.

Battles start without any fps issues. Charging throu the enemy with my cavalry also works fine.
But as soon as enemys start to flee im getting huge problems and my fps drop severely.
Battle was only 300 men large.

In custom battles everything is fine. Did one with 1000 units and fps were good. But it didn't look like units really start fleeing in custom battles.

Are you playing your old save from 1.2 or made a new one for 1.3? Cause from what i can gather so far (very little testing) i have no issues in my new save but the old save is unplayble in every battle

Loaded up my 1.2 save. Fought two big battles (i.e., big enough to ensure 500 on field at same time). First one went okay (open plains battle). Second, however, started allright but abruptly slowed to a less than 1 fps crawl as soon as melee started (more forest on this map, although some open areas too). Just F6'd everyone and hoped for best. Looked like my guys were doing well, but 45 min later, the battle wasn't even half done. Ate dinner and did laundry in the meantime. Finally at the hour mark, just exited out. Doublechecked to ensure my graphics preferences hadn't been changed by the patch. No; 500 battles size, medium graphics, no motion blur, just as I'd played since release.

I hope you're right that it's just a save issue. I'd been on the verge of starting a new playthrough anyway, so now seems a good time to go ahead with that notion.

I guess I'll short the salt market as it is now flooded with cheap cOmPeTiTiVe salt. How can you even expect to play multi-player 'competivily' when there is a huge number of issues with balance and basic mechanics? Ya'll ever notice you can't swing as frequently if your ping is higher? Or be able to respond to blocks?

Regardless, when you leave a match you are killing a match. Win and get over it (or lose!). Should take you all of 10 minutes, if that, if you are as good as a time as you say you are.

It doesn't seem to lag/crawl every battle though. I fought 5 and 3 of those were fine, 2 were slideshows at some point. 1 of those was definitely when retreated, I don't remember the first time it was a slideshow if it was because retreating

I've noticed minor stuttering issues as well (kubuntu + proton) - on previous patch the game was running smoothly as butter. No crashes although – same as last time.

Keep up good work guys!
(and make multiplayer work on linux, I've installed battleeye by accident and now I can't run it. Dayum)

Back
Top Bottom