Patch Notes e1.1.2 & Beta Hotfix

Users who are viewing this thread

Is it me, or capturing a lord has become much more difficult? I have a list of people I want dead, but I just can't capture them, even iff they fall in battle, after the fight they are gone

This patch I feel answers my questions... they're 100% working on a bigger major overhaul to Combat AI. These small tweaks are just to keep us going until then.

I hope you're right. However, if at the end of the day it turns out that castrating the AI was an intentional act by devs, oh boi...

I feel like the AI in the video is too hardcore, maybe they should make it like that for the Challenging AI difficulty and try to place the current AI on normal or veteran? Or is it still too bad for them? Haven't got the chance to try it yet

Yeah, it's too hardcore. I'm fine with AI being challenging, but you get to a point where it's inhuman and at level 40 in that video it's approaching that level. That's not fun. What does the 'level 40' in the video correspond to now that AI effectiveness is tied to skill level?

I hope you're right. However, if at the end of the day it turns out that castrating the AI was an intentional act by devs, oh boi...
To be honest, considering how performance has increased, I think they did it in purpose because it was messy, and they are just rebuilding it again but properly

That part of the Warband I really didn't like. If lord is defeated in battle he/she should be at my mercy, to capture or to free him/her. If he/she routed during battle then fine, let them run like a coward.
Same here. Capturing a lord after battle is like a trophy. Makes the victory a lot more satisfying.

That part of the Warband I really didn't like. If lord is defeated in battle he/she should be at my mercy, to capture or to free him/her. If he/she routed during battle then fine, let them run like a coward.
This caused them to implement the insta escape, otherwise 1 battle lost leads to an entire kingdom being conquered cuz theyve got 5 or 7 lords sitting in jail thus causing steamrollering kingdoms

To be honest, considering how performance has increased, I think they did it in purpose because it was messy, and they are just rebuilding it again but properly

For some reason, when I use the combat AI mod the units perform much better in Battle but performance is the same. So no, I think there is not relation between the AI downgraded and performance, It is just about TW did a change and they have not found yet the right settings for making the difficulty as challenging as before.

It is not that TW have deleted the old AI, this AI is still in the game but units have been assigned with different levels of performance. Sadly most of units have an awful performance level applied because units with +2XX weapon skill are the ones which actually know how to fight. Units with +130 weapon skill are still dumb despite of many T5-T6 units having these values which makes no sense, because T5-T6 units should be able to fight decently.

Hey guys real talk can you stop making undocumented multiplayer changes? Youve changed the menavlion twice in the last two patches, making it even more overpowered, and you've done unnecessary nerfs to the Sergeant (4 armor reduction), and oathsworn buff that wasn't really needed (43 from 40 armor). You still haven't addressed fixing the knight and removing the javelins and give them the Heavy Lance perk again, and you didn't mention the huge Berserker armor nerf (6 from 15). Not all of these changes are bad (some are. Stop ****ing nerfing Vlandia when the current OP faction is Sturgia!) but you need to TELL US what these changes are and nobody appreciates the undocumented changes.

Pregnancy should be an option I think; not random. There should be an option; let's say "How are you wife/husband name/// Let's spend some time together" or something like that and this option's result should be random (pregnancy or not pregnancy) after some time.
Agreed, this feature should be optional, cause its too annoying sometimes.

patchnotes-e1.1.2.png

Main

Versions
Native: e1.1.0
SandboxCore: e1.1.2
Sandbox: e1.1.2
Storymode: e1.1.2
CustomBattle: e1.1.2

• AI is more likely to block when equipped with a shield. Common troops now generally have higher weapon skills.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when the player was a faction ruler and ended a contract with a mercenary or minor faction and refused to settle their debt.
  • Pregnancy chance has been lowered.
  • An AI bug that reduced performance is fixed.
  • Agents no longer block ally attacks in the shield wall formation.
  • Multiplayer client crash fixed.
Known Issues
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/known-issues-updated.401168/

Beta

Versions
Native: e1.2.0
SandboxCore: e1.2.0
Sandbox: e1.2.0
Storymode: e1.2.0
CustomBattle: e1.2.0

• All changes mentioned above.
  • Fixed a bug that caused extra guards to spawn when entering a lord’s hall more than once.
Known Issues
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/known-issues-updated.401168/
Oi CALLUM, we need a Pinned thread mentioning every single unfinished feature, another thread mentioning which mechanics the devs want us to give feedback upon/test out, and we need both of those ASAP. Atm part of the game is unplayable, part is filled with place holders (which doesn't make sense give a feedback about), and those that are "partially finished" should come with a warning at which point they aren't.

Currently this EA feels too disorganized.

Yours truly annoying dude

Back
Top Bottom