Patch Notes e1.1.2 & Beta Hotfix

Users who are viewing this thread

Pregnancy should be an option I think; not random. There should be an option; let's say "How are you wife/husband name/// Let's spend some time together" or something like that and this option's result should be random (pregnancy or not pregnancy) after some time.

Yep, as is it feels completely out of the player's control.

Can't say they are. They sometimes try to block overhead strikes or right-to-left swings, but anything more sophisticated than spamming those 2 attacks while standing completely still is way too hard for AI to react. Had no trouble winning with 0 skill fresh character against lords/t4-5 troops.
Be careful what you ask for. i for one don't want to fall into the trap of making the AI too perfect at fighting. I want to make sure a novice player has half a chance against them. Even at the risk of making the game dull for experienced players that priority has to be respected.

Pregnancy should be an option I think; not random. There should be an option; let's say "How are you wife/husband name/// Let's spend some time together" or something like that and this option's result should be random (pregnancy or not pregnancy) after some time.
I agree with you about pregnancy.
And did any of you notice improvement about fps?

Be careful what you ask for. i for one don't want to fall into the trap of making the AI too perfect at fighting. I want to make sure a novice player has half a chance against them. Even at the risk of making the game dull for experienced players that priority has to be respected.

I think the AI was in a good place before they changed it for the beta, and I honestly wish they would just roll it back. Novice players always have the option of playing at reduced damage settings until they are more used to the game. Please let's not fall into the trap of dumbing the game down.

Yeah, very good to see the commitment to work to fix the game but ...
I already miss new content, I have 200 hours of gameplay, and it has already become repetitive after completing the campaign's only mission, which I destroyed the 3 kingdoms of the empire.
So I stopped playing.
And look, I've even used many mods to make up for this lack.

AI was almost perfect on release. Hard enough to give you a challenge, predictable enough to give you an easy win if that is what you want. A mod or two to give an AI a bit more reaction and awareness, and we'd have an ideal opponent.
As to the complete newb - well, there is a difficulty slider AND damage slider. Can't handle something? Just turn on easy mode.
Right now even the hardest possible opponent on max difficulty settings can't compete with a mere naked peasant on 1.0 ver.

Devs,

I love the work you're doing on the game so far since early access release.

I think it would be very helpful for the community to have a bit of a peek into what your team as a whole is prioritizing right now.

For example, we know that you are working on combat AI fixes, which is great.

But what else are you doing right now? Do you have have any particular perks you're planning to implement soon, fief/kingdom/clan management features, siege fixes/functionality?

I've never seen a developer put such a massive amount of work into early access so soon after release, and you guys deserve a ton of applause for that.
I love all of the Mount & Blade games, and I hate to see some of the vitriol toward you guys coming from people that are apparently incapable of understanding the term "early access".

Is there any way you could put together some sort of a road map or even just a quick forum post so we can get some idea of where you want to be, for example, 2-3 months from now?

Thanks!

AI was almost perfect on release. Hard enough to give you a challenge, predictable enough to give you an easy win if that is what you want. A mod or two to give an AI a bit more reaction and awareness, and we'd have an ideal opponent.
As to the complete newb - well, there is a difficulty slider AND damage slider. Can't handle something? Just turn on easy mode.
Right now even the hardest possible opponent on max difficulty settings can't compete with a mere naked peasant on 1.0 ver.

What difficulty setting affects the skill of troops? Reducing damage is not the same thing.

Devs,

I love the work you're doing on the game so far since early access release.

I think it would be very helpful for the community to have a bit of a peek into what your team as a whole is prioritizing right now.

For example, we know that you are working on combat AI fixes, which is great.

But what else are you doing right now? Do you have have any particular perks you're planning to implement soon, fief/kingdom/clan management features, siege fixes/functionality?

I've never seen a developer put such a massive amount of work into early access so soon after release, and you guys deserve a ton of applause for that.
I love all of the Mount & Blade games, and I hate to see some of the vitriol toward you guys coming from people that are apparently incapable of understanding the term "early access".

Is there any way you could put together some sort of a road map or even just a quick forum post so we can get some idea of where you want to be, for example, 2-3 months from now?

Thanks!

+1

Back
Top Bottom