Patch Notes e1.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Why nerf the pottery? Workshops give such crappy income often enough already. Even if you pick end products that barely exist in the settlement while there's an abundance of the raw material.

I'm fine with making it harder to become a bajillionaire lategame, I think what most people are concerned about right now is infantry not being able to fight.

Thank you for all the efforts to make trading totally crap. Now caravans are more expensive and they are getting attacked by bandits every minute. Also companions in charge of the caravans can't increase the amount of guards. It's capped to 30. Workshops are another god damn story. What's the point of having a workshop if it only provides 90 denars per day? Making money supposed to be challenging but fun. Now it's just crap.

Caravans having 80-90 party limit was not something fair. You can create a party from your companion and spend your one party limit if you want 80-90 men party in your clan. You can create caravan at game start and test them in long run which we did lots. They are survived 1-2-3 years average. In your situation probably there should be something extraordinary. Having 2 caravans with 80 men inside and they are not attacked for years and daily making 3K from them is not something fair in game. Currently one of the biggest problems is player having millions in late game and game become not challenging. This is caused by several things :

1-lords are giving so much loot (both in terms of item and plundered gold also prisoners)
2-caravans are making so much money and they are safe
3-lord parties are so weak (they have tons of level 6-11 troops, about 65% of their troops are in this category in mid/late game)

We are trying to fix all these problems and this does not mean your old routines will bring you good money all time. Most players having 1-5m in late game does not make game better. These things will be balanced by time.

About this, if I may comment: If we look at balance sheet, I think better solution would be to raise expense side instead lowering income side.
The easiest solution would be to raise higher tier troops daily expenses, or find other expenses that will exponentially rise as the game progress.
I think nerfing income side is not a good idea, with all due respect... :smile:

About this, if I may comment: If we look at balance sheet, I think better solution would be to raise expense side instead lowering income side.
The easiest solution would be to raise higher tier troops daily expenses, or find other expenses that will exponentially rise as the game progress.
I think nerfing income side is not a good idea, with all due respect... :smile:

Started a game and just rushing trade to get 3-4 quick caravans and 125 trade would asure you 4 renown daily(quick tier 3 clan) and 3-4k daily income, overpowered. My caravans never got attacked, even at war.

I'm not sure of the income nerf but the nerf to party size was necesary, we'll see if balance is better now.

Also anyone annoyed by the fact that if you buy massive goods in one place to sell on another, and in the meantime, you restart your game(after a crash or simply quit & load later), suddenly the profit doesn't count(is not registered) and trade doesn't go up because of that?. Fix asap please, it's frustrating to have to do long-trade routes without closing your game, forcing you to play x time in a row otherwise you lose that trade boost.

I think if caravans are going to be high-risk investments, then they ought to bring higher rewards as well. I've got a skilled trader running my caravan and its not making that much money. It makes on average less than 200 a day after expenses. Its not bad, but I'm certainly not getting rich from caravans.

On the plus side, bandits attacking NPC caravans ought to make it a lot easier to raise relations with notables, assuming that helping a caravan will raise relations with its owner.

With 1.1 the city infantry defenders (at least behind the gate) are sitting duck. Even if they opened the gate, let some attackers in and closed it again. There should be all soldiers swarming around the few men that were able to enter the town.

Battles and Sieges

• If a player’s fortification is besieged, they are warned by a text that appears in the top center of their screen. (Beforehand it only happened when the assault was already underway. Now we have 2 warnings - one when the siege begins and one when the assault starts.)

I hope you guys are looking at the nexus page to check out what the modding community has been doing.

There's a mod that already does this, and does it better. Why not implement it?

Good update TW. TY

One thing: In lower tier troops the archers are a little TOO accurate (hitting you even when you move or very far away) while the mele troops are a little TOO easy to defeat. At least that's how it is in the arena.

ITT: People not understanding the point of testing, assuming every attempt at a fix is meant to be the final solution.

Yup, they got me facepalm so hard and so often i dont think the handprint is ever going to disappear xD

Great patch devs, been playing it all week and other than the AI being a little wonky atm, these are all good steps in the right direction and an improvement over the inital release. :party:
Keep up the good work!

Definitely do not want cheating AI with magical bonuses. I love that the AI plays by the same rules. I am encouraged that the dev team also wants to avoid cheating AI.

Instead, I agree with people who say that there should be a way to drill troops to gain XP. Maybe you drill them out in the field, but at a cost of mobility/being a sitting duck while you passively gain XP? or maybe using castles? Make it available to player and AI, and also program the AI to prioritize training so they don't just have garbage recruits.

ITT: People not understanding the point of testing, assuming every attempt at a fix is meant to be the final solution.
If people don't comment about the changes, how are the devs going to know if the changes are good or bad? Its not like they're watching us play and taking notes. We have to speak up. That's also the point of testing

Definitely do not want cheating AI with magical bonuses. I love that the AI plays by the same rules. I am encouraged that the dev team also wants to avoid cheating AI.

To add to this, with a simulation game like this, the player should be able to draw logical conclusions about how their actions will impact the world. This is the reason why I feel having the AI play by the same rules is so important.

For example, say you ransom an enemy lord, and after a period of time, he reappears outside one of his fiefs, already with a well-sized army. If he has these troops because the NPCs have some hidden variable that provides them with troops out of thin air to compensate for a lack of men, that's poor design. If they, instead, have collected troops from their garrison, at the cost to the fief's own troop supply, that, on the other hand, is an excellent implementation, because it allows a logical explanation for the presence of his troops.

there should be a way to drill troops to gain XP .... maybe using castles?

I believe there is something in place for this, but it might not be implemented yet. First off I see there are perks in leadership to passively gain XP kind of like training in warband. also, there seem to be some buildings in castles that give bonuses to "XP for troops in garrison" so I believe garrison troops could be getting trained in the future as well.

I tried getting the XP perk in leadership and it doesnt seem to do anything right now. haven't noticed training of my troops in garrison either.

Thank you for all the efforts to make trading totally crap. Now caravans are more expensive and they are getting attacked by bandits every minute. Also companions in charge of the caravans can't increase the amount of guards. It's capped to 30. Workshops are another god damn story. What's the point of having a workshop if it only provides 90 denars per day? Making money supposed to be challenging but fun. Now it's just crap.

Actually I'm still getting 900 from my brewery in zeonica or something. There are still possibilities to get decent profit. You just need to better pick place and goods.

Back
Top Bottom