Patch Notes e1.0.7

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm not sure that I am happy with this patch.

The xp gain in tournaments did not seem to be just fine and in no need for balancing. But especially reducing the bet amount? Well that leaves me with a huge question mark. Why? I mean tournaments did earn you a nice bag of gold IF you were able to win, but this was no real jackpot however. With a maximum bet of just 150 your earnings are next to nothing which means that it is completely op to sales prices of the equipment won at the tournament. To top that of the prize pool has been changed which could be good but also a lot worse if I take a look at these notes. with bad luck you will only geet 200 denars worth out of it and an average of 500 denars doesn't really seem that high to me.

Capping plunderable gold to 10k might work in means of geving the AI easier access to new troops afther defeat. Problem however is that it will seriously reduce battle income and in this state I think the AI actually spawns with enough troops to start off. Also does it make no sense at all to lower the horse loot by 65%. I mean what happens to those tamed horses of their slain riders? I simply can't believe that they can survive in the wild afther so many years in captivity.

I get that they are trying to balance income out a little bit, because late game gave you insane amounts of denars. But if income gets nerfed this way, our fresh wanderers will never be able to buy that 200k piece of armour laying around the shops.

Even though I have my doubts about this patch, I am still very gratefull of the work of the development team. Keep up the good work.I will be in game to hopefully find out my suspicions are misplaced.

patchnotes-e1.0.7.png

Versions
Native: e1.0.0
SandboxCore: e1.0.7
Sandbox: e1.0.7
Storymode: e1.0.7
CustomBattle: e1.0.7

Multiplayer Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred while entering a multiplayer game.
  • Fixed a rare crash that happened when parsing a player's nickname for the death card.
Singleplayer Crashes
  • Fixed a crash relating to the player’s party failing to disband after the player was caught trying to sneak into a settlement.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when the player laid siege to a settlement and the owner defected to an allied/neutral kingdom.
  • Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred when the player pressed the “Exit to Main Menu” button.
  • Fixed a crash that sometimes happened upon the completion of the “Weaken/Unify Empire” quest.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when leaving a scene after activating the “Overpriced Raw Materials” quest.
  • Fixed a rare crash that occurred when leaving a scene after choosing to solve a quest with the lord solution.
Character Development System
  • Rebalanced two trade perks that increased the selling price of items by 5%. They now reduce trade penalties by 5% instead.
  • Balanced combat experience gain for tournaments and practice fights.
Battles and Sieges
  • Plunderable gold from each lord after a battle is capped to 10K.
Kingdoms and Diplomacy
  • Clans that own a settlement will no longer be able to join a kingdom as a mercenary.
  • Reduced the drop rate of horses as loot by 65%.
  • Lords with an excess of 100k denars now act as if they have 100k when purchasing horses for their party.
  • Fixed the bug where individual lords or armies would keep attacking the player after agreeing on a safe passage or a peace barter.
Clan and Party
  • Fixed a bug which caused only Sturgian companions to be spawned and hireable in taverns.
Quests & Issues
  • Fixed a rare bug in the main storyline conspiracy phase.
Settlement Actions (Town, Village, Castle and Hideout)
  • Tournament maximum bet amount is reduced to 150 from 300 and odds for the player are now reducing after each tournament win. Max odds are increased to 3 from 2.
  • Tournament prizes pool now includes all items (weapons, armour, and horses only) which have a value between 250-2000 (average 500).
Other
  • Khuzait Heavy Lancers skills are recalibrated to their initial level.
Known Issues
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/known-issues-updated.401168/
Can you please give the Vlandian Sharpshooters there swords back. They literally just have crossbows and shields, no melee weapons of any kind

They already fixed that, maybe you just haven't noticed.

As far as XP balance in arena and tournaments, I HOPE they did nerf them somewhat. It was far too high to begin with and it essentially was an exploitable method of power-leveling your character early game and avoiding the dangers outside of town until you were already far better than the enemy. XP in Arena and Tournaments is a GOOD thing but too much of it is a BAD thing.

Good patch TW!

So What ? Some people just wanted to play as gladiators.

Let me explain some changes :

Why max stake of bets are reduced to 150 from 300 :
Currently player can bet again and again in each round and if he is good at combat he can make lots of money from betting. If he was able to bet only at round-1 no need to reduce limit however you can bet each round and it is a bit overpowered and player is not thinking or checking odds before betting he/she nearly always bet.

Max odd is increased from 2 to 3 and odds decrease after you win tournaments :
If you are at early days of your game you will get higher odds. Because you are not a known fighter yet. You can win much at early steps of game by this. However if you win 5-10 tournament odds will be lower and lower after your each win. So we want you to do different things in game not making money from repetative tournaments 20-30 times a year. In real life bookies work same. If one outcome has lots of win in its history its odd drop after each win.

10K cap for plunder from a lord party :
Because of some economy problems AI sometimes be very rich after 5-10 years. We are trying to fix these things and hold money of npc lords in balance however until we fix these problems and stop money inflation of some lords best way was cap this amount. Normally you plunder 5% of lord's gold and if he has 1M you plunder 50K and this also make game so luck-based after one battle getting 50K breaks game's economy. We watch lots of gameplays and we see lots of players have huge amount of money in long term play. This is not good for your gameplay.

65% less horse loot from inventories :
Currently lords carry lots of horses in their inventories to speed up their parties. When you beat a lord party on map you get lots of his horses and this make player very rich. We can assume horses are dying and running during a battle and you can get 35% of them alive. We can increase this 50% after we make lords buying cheap horses generally but currently they also carry expensive horses too.

Snowballing issues :
Currently this problem is in better point compared to first release and we did not stop working on this. We will continue working on this issue. When one kingdom get 35%+ of lands other kingdoms will be more cautious aganist this kingdom and they will try to stop them before things get worse for them. However this feature is not implemented yet and will be implemented in next patches. Also minor factions will be paid more by losing kingdoms and they will choose these weak kingdoms to get better payment per influence. When these things are implemented we will be in better point.

Last edited:
So What ? Some people just wanted to play as gladiators.
That's understandable but the rest of the game is still there. You have to balance all of these things in concert... just because all you want to do is be a Gladiator doesn't mean you should be able to God-mode in the Arena with max XP gain. Especially when the actual gameflow of killing bandits/trading/questing and forming a warband is where the bulk of the game is at... which leads to further end-game/mid-game activities.

Very happy to see Heavy Lancers not being worse than looters now... I can finally upgrade all my basic Lancers.

But could we maybe make War Horses more common in towns? I'm checking town to town to get War Horses and it's difficult to upgrade my units into useful ones when playing as Khuzait.

I personally never bothered with Tournaments because the 300 gold bet limit meant the final payout was pretty meh. There are much better ways of making money... my opinion was that tournaments were a late game thing for when your character gets better at fighting (I know people were completing these at level 1 though). The rewards make them pretty pointless now.

Looking forward to more fixes regarding kingdom stability and snowballing though. Hopefully the companion XP gain rate can be tweaked, and for the player too perhaps.

Last edited:
I hope you don't mean "nerfed" in there, this was the most fun way of leveling in 1.0.6

Why? Caps are the worst way to fix anything, just leave as it was.

COME ON! I need those horses to not be a slug when moving 300+ infantry, also when the battle ends all those perfectly fine horses just vanish now?

Why make it even worse? Tournaments weren't worth the time wasted before, now they are worthless.
Stop trying to "balance" this kind of stuff, let players set their values through mods, focus on fixing the broken perks.
Sheesh, you're a whiny fella aren't you?

Why reduce the bet for tournaments? Winnings for Tournaments have been crap deluxe already, and the rewards in terms of armor, weapon or horse are even more crap. If for money and equipment: they are a waste of time.

To have some fun they are great though, and for sparring purposes.

They already fixed that, maybe you just haven't noticed.
No they did not, i just had a chain of defections to the enemy (sturgia -> khergit) in my game, and i started this one after 1.0.5 when they claimed it was fixed, and it was not a situation of "there is only one castle left" the stugian lords who defected were fine.

If you think arena is an exploit you can just not do it, you know? Even though the trader 225 perk allows me to buy cities with 1 denar each i still pay 100k to not feel like a cheater.

Settlement Actions (Town, Village, Castle and Hideout)

• Tournament maximum bet amount is reduced to 150 from 300 and odds for the player are now reducing after each tournament win. Max odds are increased to 3 from 2.
  • Tournament prizes pool now includes all items (weapons, armour, and horses only) which have a value between 250-2000 (average 500).

WHY are you nerfing tournaments? Tournaments are pretty much the main grind for early characters. You're making them be EXCLUSIVE to the early game by decreasing the bet amount. Ask yourselves the question: why would ANY late game character EVER want to partake in a tournament?

Right now, there's absolutely no reason.

Mods, I guess.

I think there's a mistake in the latest tournament betting code. I get the idea of balancing but I think it was done wrong, check this:
In the final round I could bet 150 gold to earn.... 150 gold. That's right, either I win nothing or I lose everything lol. I don't bet in real life but I'm pretty sure that's not how odds work. there should always be a minimum possible gain, that cannot be 0.
gcj5V.png

Last edited:
Let me explain some changes :

Why max stake of bets are reduced to 150 from 300 :
Currently player can bet again and again in each round and if he is good at combat he can make lots of money from betting. If he was able to bet only at round-1 no need to reduce limit however you can bet each round and it is a bit overpowered and player is not thinking or checking odds before betting he/she nearly always bet.

Max odd is increased from 2 to 3 and odds decrease after you win tournaments :
If you are at early days of your game you will get higher odds. Because you are not a known fighter yet. You can win much at early steps of game by this. However if you win 5-10 tournament odds will be lower and lower after your each win. So we want you to do different things in game not making money from repetative tournaments 20-30 times a year. In real life bookies work same. If one outcome has lots of win in its history its odd's drop after each win.

10K cap for plunder from a lord party :
Because of some economy problems AI sometimes be very rich after 5-10 years. We are trying to fix these things and hold money of npc lords in balance however until we fix these problems and stop money inflation of some lords best way was cap this amount. Normally you plunder 5% of lord's gold and if he has 1M you plunder 50K and this also make game so luck-based after one battle getting 50K breaks game's economy. We watch lots of gameplays and we see lots of players have huge amount of money in long term play. This is not good for your gameplay.

65% less horse loot from inventories :
Currently lords carry lots of horses in their inventories to speed up their parties. When you beat a lord party on map you get lots of his horses and this make player very rich. We can assume horses are dying and running during a battle and you can get 35% of them alive. We can increase this 50% after we make lords buying cheap horses generally but currently they also carry expensive horses too.

Snowballing issues :
Currently this problem is in better point compared to first release and we did not stop working on this. We will continue working on this issue. When one kingdom get 35%+ of lands other kingdoms will be more cautious aganist this kingdom and they will try to stop them before they are more powerfull. However it is not yet implemented. Will be implemented in next patches.
I appreciate the explanation but I still can't help think that 150 is miniscule, to put it into context, 1 recruit costs what, 20? so if you make 100 profit from tournament bets you won what, 5 recruits? Melee AI has already hugely improved and it doesn't help early game when you're going up against lords that have armor so tanky that you have to sit there and whack them for 10 minutes whilst if they hit you once you're dead - I understand the need to work on the economy but tournaments are essential (atleast to me and i know to a few others) for making that extra little of cash early game and mid to late game the 300 denar bets were practically worthless, If you want to fix the economy, personally i'd suggest increasing troop wages, or adding an inflation mechanic, eg prices increase 1% every season.

No they did not, i just had a chain of defections to the enemy (sturgia -> khergit) in my game, and i started this one after 1.0.5 when they claimed it was fixed, and it was not a situation of "there is only one castle left" the stugian lords who defected were fine.

If you think arena is an exploit you can just not do it, you know? Even though the trader 225 perk allows me to buy cities with 1 denar each i still pay 100k to not feel like a cheater.
I never said the Arena was an exploit, so kudos to you for having zero reading comprehension. What I SAID was that it was TOO EASY to gain XP for skills in the Arena against literal scrubs and nobodies, which leads to it being exploitable. You only face off against T5/T6 units towards the VERY end. It's not a competitive setting lorewise nor intentionally... it was always meant to just train for yourself and learn the weapons and tools you use, not to power level. So lowering XP gain in Arena is perfectly fine.

Tourneys can have a higher XP gain because it's obviously a pitched fight against skilled competitors... it just doesn't make sense in any case to give 100% XP for either or. It's not a real battle or a measure of your ability as much as a skirmish or siege would be.

In Warband the Arena was exactly that, just a simple training field or area to learn how to fight and gain some meager XP for your time. Nobody ever complained because we understood that's what it was for.

The real issue with XP gain is the overall XP gain in general, which I'm sure TW is going to take care of.

Horses? ? Pump it.
I agree with this post. People are exaggerating anyways. Money grows on trees in Bannerlord, compared to Warband. I can make big bank much more quickly and I am looking forward to the patch including the announced changes. (y)

ceaseless crashes since 1.0.6 and this one has not seemed to help.
That's strange, I literally have not had 1 crash since I have started playing. A few long freezes when I thought it would crash, but never CTD. It seems to depend alot on the player hardware. Updated all drivers right?

I appreciate the explanation but I still can't help think that 150 is miniscule, to put it into context, 1 recruit costs what, 20? so if you make 100 profit from tournament bets you won what, 5 recruits? Melee AI has already hugely improved and it doesn't help early game when you're going up against lords that have armor so tanky that you have to sit there and whack them for 10 minutes whilst if they hit you once you're dead - I understand the need to work on the economy but tournaments are essential (atleast to me and i know to a few others) for making that extra little of cash early game and mid to late game the 300 denar bets were practically worthless, If you want to fix the economy, personally i'd suggest increasing troop wages, or adding an inflation mechanic, eg prices increase 1% every season.

At the start of game odds are generally like this :

round 1 : 3.00
150->450

round 2 : 3.00
150->450

round 3 : 2.40
150->300

round 4 : 1.80
150->270

In total you made 600->1470, you get 870 denars from one tournament also 3 renown also one item (600 gold sale price, 1800 gold buy price in average (if not horse, horse trade penalty is so lower))
In total you get 1470 golds + 3 renown

Back
Top Bottom