Patch Notes e1.0.6

Users who are viewing this thread

The Bannerlord Tweaks mod addresses this problem by increasing XP on a sliding scale. So it starts as a small boost early on, but increases as you get higher. Only seems to work for the player though. I didn't see any improvement on my companions.

Ok thanks for that, hadn't look at that mod as I was using the Global Multiplier Mod.

I love the daily updates and fixes, keep up the good work!

Also, a bugg report: While participating in a tournament in Seonon the game kept spawning all contestants in the same place instead of all around the arena. I`m not sure if it`s suppose to do that.

I've been wondering this too. With the BMTournamentXP mod, I usually set it to 40%. it makes sense you learn more fighting on a battlefield to versus fighting in an arena.
Oh I hope it doesn't give any where near 100%! Even 40% is way too high. It should be something like 10% maximum.

Does Taleworld read my thoughts or why do their Patches so reliably address my most urgent quibbles I encounter?

Oh I hope it doesn't give any where near 100%! Even 40% is way too high. It should be something like 10% maximum.

Early medieval tournaments were closest to battle one can imagine and it did kill people. Heck, when two factions in a Buhurt did not like each other they intentionally killed each other. 10% is too low. It does not matter if you "just" get smacked in the head by a blunt lance, it is not fun! The only upside was you were less likely to die. Often you could also lose your horse and equipment over a defeat in the tourney which is also not much more worse than what a knight expected in battle.

Does Taleworld read my thoughts or why do their Patches so reliably address my most urgent quibbles I encounter?

Early medieval tournaments were closest to battle one can imagine and it did kill people. Heck, when two factions in a Buhurt did not like each other they intentionally killed each other. 10% is too low. It does not matter if you "just" get smacked in the head by a blunt lance, it is not fun! The only upside was you were less likely to die. Often you could also lose your horse and equipment over a defeat in the tourney which is also not much more worse than what a knight expected in battle.
agreed

Am I the one who has a huge lag spike at the start of the battle?

That happens to me as well, Only in campaign, I have tried on custom battle with hundres of troops and still happens but for like 2 seconds and that's it, but the stuttering or lag spikes during battles in the campaign is practicallly cosntant... It's like the system starts loading and loading and loading, over and over... I'm going to give it a go with the new patch to test it.

Hard disagree.
Getting XP from the arena should be grindy or else its too OP. The arena would just become an XP farm for every early game.

I met a bug that the item “chain horse harness” won’t show up. Maybe I lost the texture but it just happened even I updated the game.

I had mistakenly thought the last patch had cleared up the stuttering but I just hadn't fought in a big enough battle.

1.0.6 has, at the very affordable cost of a lag spike at the start of a battle, totally cleared up the stuttering problem for me. Before there was a barely noticeable hitch every time a unit got killed - just enough to make combat feel imprecise. Now it's all buttery smooth and so very playable.

Finally the battles have surpassed warband, great work devs, didn't think such a pervasive issue would be fixed so quickly.

A flat out experience multiplier increase is only a short term fix, the system needs an overhaul.

An expereince multiplier just lets you breeze past the early levels but it still becomes a real grind, if not impossible to increase some skills, in the late game.

A big part of the problem is that not only does the XP needed to level up each skill increase as the skill levels, but the Skill Points needed to level up your character also increases per level.

This means that focus points and attribute points become far harder to get as the game goes on. This in turn makes it impossible to level your less used skills as you have no focus points or attribute points to assign to them which in turn makes it impossible to increase your character level. It's a vicious cycle.

But an experience multiplier increase would work in the short term, 500% increase may be needed, maybe less so now that arenas and tournaments give expereince. That or award more attribute and focus points per level.
I also modded out skill points and made it so you get one perk point per level. It feels very similar to Warband.

hi, not sure if it has been pointed out alrdy but, if you gift bargain nothing, you get +1 charm almost every time, doesn't make any sense. Gift bargain and normal bargain need to have some minimal profit value for ennemy, they always accept empty bargain

Back
Top Bottom