Patch Notes e1.0.4

Users who are viewing this thread

The aserai still provides tribesman instead of recruit. But now in the wiki it shows the full troop trees. Before 1.04, if we were to view the wiki for aserai tribesman, it only shows from the tribesman and below. Now it shows the full tree including the memluke tiers. But still, all of aserai villages/cities provide tribesman in 1.04, not recruit. This is on a brand new campaign.

Clearification about one improvment:

Clan and Party
  • After some time during a campaign, some lords were remaining without troops in their party because of financial problems and constantly being harassed by bandits. Lords now manage their finances more effectively and take troops from garrisons if they are at risk of going bankrupt. This was one reason for the snowball effect in the campaign, with kingdoms being eliminated too easily.
This was one of the main reasons of snowball efect (one kingdom ruling all world) but there are still another reasons causing this and we continue working on this to make more balanced world without decreasing number of hostile actions happening in world.

In first 1.0.0 one kingdom was ruling all world in average 1088-1089
In 1.02 average go up to 1090
In 1.04 average is now rised up to 1092

There are still problems and still we cannot guarentee one kingdom will not rule all world without player interaction however in every patch we will develop this area and soon until 1100s you will not experience this.
Great work on the patches! Could you confirm if you plan to reintroduce the ranged debuffs at night later? Because I loved the strategy aspect of it, it just needed some tweaking!

I figured out the problem with Aserai Tribesman issue. They have replaced is_basic_troop="true" with is_basic_troop="false" in the spnpccharacters.xml but thats not doing anything because they didn't change the spcultures.xml which defines who can recruit what unit as a basic unit.

Hello,

I hope you are doing well. I don't know where to report this so I'm just gonna put this here. I got the game when it initially released and it ran great on high performance settings. But after patch e1.0.3 and patch e1.0.4 the game is running on really low fps and lagging. When I go to the performance settings it says that the games available GPU Memory Usuage is only out of 128MB. Now, even when I put the game on the lowest settings it's almost unplayable. The game worked smoothly for me for the first two updates. Please help, this is an extremely fun game. Thank you for your time.

Try to change adapter under "video settings" in the options.

I didn't make a new game, just reloaded the same one I've been playing. Crossbows/bows now cost double what they used to (a crossbow is now 45k!?) and in Vlandia shops there is still no body armor besides clothes. I can't check the other towns cause we are at war with everyone near us but in every vlandian town there is no new armor and massive inflated prices.

Love the dedication from TW -- hope you all take a much-needed break this weekend! Tho I hugely appreciate the incredible pace of patching, I don't want the team to burn out too fast. Much love :grin:

Clearification about one improvment:

Clan and Party
  • After some time during a campaign, some lords were remaining without troops in their party because of financial problems and constantly being harassed by bandits. Lords now manage their finances more effectively and take troops from garrisons if they are at risk of going bankrupt. This was one reason for the snowball effect in the campaign, with kingdoms being eliminated too easily.
This was one of the main reasons of snowball efect (one kingdom ruling all world) but there are still another reasons causing this and we continue working on this to make more balanced world without decreasing number of hostile actions happening in world.

In first 1.0.0 one kingdom was ruling all world in average 1088-1089
In 1.02 average go up to 1090
In 1.04 average is now rised up to 1092

There are still problems and still we cannot guarentee one kingdom will not rule all world without player interaction however in every patch we will develop this area and soon until 1100s you will not experience this.
Thank you.
I think the factions should very rarely if at all be able to conquer the entire map, without player intervention it should always be a back-and-forth between the factions. Is that the balance you guys are aiming for aswell?

I figured out the problem with Aserai Tribesman issue. They have replaced is_basic_troop="true" with is_basic_troop="false" in the spnpccharacters.xml but thats not doing anything because they didn't change the spcultures.xml which defines who can recruit what unit as a basic unit.

thats right. you will get it fixed next patch sadly.

I started a new game. The spcultures.xml i have is not changed. I think it might have something to do with the fact that after Steam said it had updated my game and i went into it then game still said it was on version 1.0.3. So i verified the game files via Steam and it redownloaded them and now the game says it is on 1.0.4 but the spcultures.xml still has the basic_troop="NPCCharacter.aserai_tribesman" line in it.

Edit: I manually deleted the file and verified again. Steam still download the file with no fix in it.
We had a quick look and it seems that its set from 2 different places and this slipped by us. We will fix it asap. Thank you for the report :smile:

Edit: Ninjad.

thats right. you will get it fixed next patch sadly.

We had a quick look and it seems that its set from 2 different places and this slipped by us. We will fix it asap. Thank you for the report :smile:

Thanks guys. Not only is it a needed change to make aserai better but I think it'll help snowballing too. I've conducted a few experiments over the past few days by just waiting in towns forever while doing other stuff on my second monitor and I've noticed either south or khuzait wound up being the snowballing factions about 60% of the time. I think that's due to the issues with aserai troops allowing their southern and/or khuzait neighbors to roll over them early and gain more resources.

I hope TW can manage to release big updates each two weeks.
Its nice to see rapid fixes aganist crash/freze/performance issues, but we need new content montly, and big updates each two-weeks. Please.

Great work guys :smile:
Thankfully they fixed the crash when sliding items in inventory. Yesterday I sent them 4 reports, each explaining in detail how and why I was selling my grain :grin:
Probably some poor dev got sick of it and moved it up a bit :grin:

Back
Top Bottom