patch 1.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry if this is posted somewhere else, i heard from callum that there would be a multiplayer patch coming aug 3-10 (it's aug 11th)
when is that going to be?

unrelated:
i am frustrated with certain changes to the game.
I am an infantry player who feels that the slower speed of holding a shield ( making us vulnerable to kiting archers) and the slower melee speed/power (making us vulnerable to heavy cavalry) has made infantry less powerful.

please consider making archers less quick (perhaps holding a quiver full of arrows causes you to run slower) and a general health reduction of cavalry (for lack of a general overhaul of melee quickness and power).

thank you for all your work and dedication,
mj

Last edited:
Sorry if this is posted somewhere else, i heard from callum that there would be a multiplayer patch coming aug 3-10 (it's aug 11th)
when is that going to be?

unrelated:
i am frustrated with certain changes to the game.
I am an infantry player who feels that the slower speed of holding a shield ( making us vulnerable to kiting archers) and the slower melee speed/power (making us vulnerable to heavy cavalry) has made infantry less powerful.

please consider making archers less quick (perhaps holding a quiver full of arrows causes you to run slower) and a general health reduction of cavalry (for lack of a general overhaul of melee quickness and power).

also my ping has spiked from low 40s to over 150ish for every game for now for about a week now, anyone else getting this?

thank you for all your work and dedication,
mj
The patch is announced. It will be released on a beta version, no one knows when. After another testing period it will be released on the live version. Duration unknown.
The weakness of inf got partially aknowledged. Maybe the next patch will help us.
I've never heard of this ping spike issue. Should be your internet.

not sure what changed but connection is better

, thanks for the reply i really hope infantry becomes good again, i am not really a fan of cavalry or archer.

I believe having less hp for horses is a good thing and maybe heavy armor should make you immune to arrows (at least some bounce off) i know that it would be annoying for archers but i think this should be a melee orientated game

Terrible idea. Even though we might want to increase the counterplay of INF vs archer and cav we should let them have fun aswell!

I think that once anti cav weapons work properly cav will get a big nerf. Pikes, spears etc... glancing or doing very little damage to the horse when it should be “rearing” it is a pretty big reason why cav is so powerful.

I think that once anti cav weapons work properly cav will get a big nerf. Pikes, spears etc... glancing or doing very little damage to the horse when it should be “rearing” it is a pretty big reason why cav is so powerful.
TW have said changes along these lines are coming next patch.

Balancing is the hardest part of any game. But what really surprises me is that this has all been done before in Warband.
No, that's not true, TW didn't adress ANY issues for years (I played from release onwards) and the community provided with fixes for glitches in maps etc. Then came a balance patch, also driven forward by the community. If not for the community, nothing would have happened.

So this situation is not new. It seems like TW is finally adressing stuff now. We will see if it works. I can just hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom