Patch 1.4.1

Users who are viewing this thread

From Patch 1.4.1 notes:

"
Save & Load

• Added functionality to update party and map event positions to support save games in cases where the main map has changed.
"

They might be making preparations for altering the main map. Thoughts?

Any kind of backward save-compatibility is nice.

Sturgia (and likely Aserai) are unduly effected by geography (to opposite degrees), so wouldn't be surprised to see some changes to either. Sturgia definitely, with their wide-ass sprawl of a kingdom gimping any effective defense.

Not to mention that if, for some reason, villages get repositioned, this won't be a save-breaking issue, either, so hooray.

I saw a post, can't remember where, that a dev mentioned they moved settlements around and some got misplaced, like Sargot, and that they would hold off on changing it because it would break save compatibility.

Since this initial change was made with balance in mind, I would say settlement repositioning is in the horizon.

From Patch 1.4.1 notes:

"
Save & Load

• Added functionality to update party and map event positions to support save games in cases where the main map has changed.
"

That was my first thought too. I hope so. The map could use some fixes in some places

Glad to hear yawl's responses. I wouldn't mind a refined map. I remember the post with a poll that overwhelmingly approved of a map change.

Road system and better path finding plz yes. I hate seeing my dude choose to run thru the woods like a limp deer, when just a few movements to the left, they could be going full speed.

It would be nice to see some map changes, like the land bridges being replaced by ferry bridges like in VC and roads of course. Most importantly it would be nice to see them clean the map up and fix all the floating villages, settlement walls, and forest that are under the water.

It would be nice to see some map changes, like the land bridges being replaced by ferry bridges like in VC and roads of course. Most importantly it would be nice to see them clean the map up and fix all the floating villages, settlement walls, and forest that are under the water.

+1 to your last sentence.

No! Most important thing is that Ulfhednars got chainmail! We waited long developers! Modding community figured that long time ago along with the uselessness of tiny shield of aserai veteran infantry (also got changed to big ones :wink: )

There is a mod on the Nexus with a much larger and better balanced map. Maybe taleworlds should just use that one.

There is a mod on the Nexus with a much larger and better balanced map. Maybe taleworlds should just use that one.

Larger, yes, but it mostly just clutters up the map with more cities/castles without giving much thought to the natural progression of why a city would be there--if you're talking about the Calradia Expanded mod. The creator of that mod also states the map is imbalanced because more kingdoms/rebellions are planned to even it out.

Either way, a history of the Calradian Empire would do wonders to inform how the empire grew and where cities/castles should be.

Sargot should stay where it is. They should change the name to something else so people will shut up about it. Give the sturgians an extra town if you want, they will still suck.

I don't mind Sargot being in the southern Vlandia, it's become my army gathering spot for southern wars. It's location is perfect as you will see any possible invaders coming from the east, as there is a quite a bottleneck around the area. And it's efficient for being a town with villages within close vicinity.

But I do get the point that people make for it being in the wrong location, and I support it. Altough I would miss a town in that location, maybe move Jaculan a bit more east towards where the Sargot currently is? I don't know, but I hope they would - in time - alter the terrain and locations of towns for being more strategically placed, just like the Sargot is right now.

Back
Top Bottom