SP - General Passive Education System / reading Books, Scrolls

Users who are viewing this thread

Errayn

Sergeant Knight at Arms

same as what I wrote in "Remaster Belligerent Drunk from Warband" thread.

Dear Taleworlds, you don't need to reinvent the wheel. Just, please add your old mechanics. You don't have to redesign book names etc all over again you already have them.

info from blocs video

A simple demonstration of how a passive education system might work in Bannerlord. Like we had in Warband.

- 7 scholar gets randomly generated with different items. Each starts in one random settlement and later moves to the closest random settlement every week randomly. They cannot be seen on the menu so you have a reason to visit tavern scenes if you seek education.

- 32 different readable materials were added to the game ( 3 books, 29 scrolls ) Each of them is a unique item in Calradia and can be possessed by one person only. I will list them in the comment section with their names if you are interested.

- Each of them has a unique effect, which is indicated with skill and + sign. Upon successful reading, you will gain (value * 100)XP on that skill. In the video, we get 3000 Roguery skill points from reading the material. This value also defines their difficulty which basically means 30 ~= 300 hours of reading. But it's an approximate timeframe because reading speed changes with your skill levels.

- Players can read materials only if they are stationary. While moving on the campaign map, you cannot read the scrolls. If you are stationary and waiting, you read the top available material each hour and the reading rate is directly liked to our character's Intelligence level. If it's maxed out to 10, you will read materials faster.

- If you have multiple written materials, you can only read one at a time and it's the top one. Once it's finished it will be labeled as *Read*

- AI lords can obtain and read the materials as well - which you can also obtain after defeating them in war. Though, AI interactions require some polishing for balance

- Scholars can obtain/introduce new written materials each week - only if there are written materials that are not in circulation.

I initially didn't want to add books, but later I realized that Bannerlord already has them ( can be seen in the education phase of your child - they hold books ) So I added books as the most expensive written material but a more rewarding one.
Here is the list if you are interested:

- Rhetorica ad Herennium (Tactics +20)
- Tale of Soon (Leadership +130)
- Herbs and Heavens (Medicine +70)
- Notes of Alixenus (Leadership +80)
- Notes of Jaliw (Scouting +20)
- Currycomb by Omer Al-Seyfettin (Riding +60)
- Emperor (Tactics +90)
- Circles and Shapes (Engineering +90)
- Early Access (Roguery +30)
- Gifted One (Crafting +20)
- Codex Belli I (OneHanded +110)
- De materia medica (Medicine +100)
- Calradian Mountains (Scouting +70)
- Codex Belli II (TwoHanded +110)
- Graecus Holmiensis (Crafting +90)
- Logs of Imperial Dungeons (Roguery +50)
- Heavens (Leadership +50)
- Imperial Roads (Engineering +80)
- Tactica (Tactics +45)
- Notes on Alchemy (Crafting +120)
- Greatest Battles in Calradia (Tactics +190)
- Greatest Rulers in Calradia (Leadership +190)
- Anabasis (Scouting +20)
- The Journey of Great Alicus (Scouting +80)
- Notes on Anatomy (Medicine +110)
- Surgery on Animals (Medicine +20)
- Accounting (Trade +140)
- Gold and Silver (Trade +20)
- Logs of Ortysia Customs (Trade +10)
- Tale of Rose (Charm +10)
- Body and Mind (Athletics +50)
- Poems by Lucian the Bard (Charm +50)

Man this would definitely solve the problem of skills that are way too hard and slow to level up like leadership, medicine, engineering, tactics, etc.

I hadn't realized how good of a solution this would be to the current leveling system just by reintroducing an old mechanic.

Back
Top Bottom